The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 08:36:26 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Poll
Question: To which faction do you belong?  (Voting closed: October 25, 2009, 01:27:02 AM)
True Light - 7 (41.2%)
Omnicron - 1 (5.9%)
Icarus - 7 (41.2%)
Hakuza - 2 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: World Wide Census  (Read 13793 times)
Exousia
« on: October 04, 2009, 01:27:02 AM »

I am just curious as to the approximate demographics of the players with regards to their faction loyalty.

Please vote and then, if you so choose, post the reason why you chose that faction, or just give a shout out for your faction and/or flame another faction. If you wish to remain anonymous and still give a response, just send me a PM and I'll post it myself.

Please leave any references to groups out of this poll and restrict the conversation to factions or your post will be treated as spam and deleted.

The poll will remain open for 21 days (October 24th) to keep the data recent and relevant. The results will not be publicized until after the end of the polling time.

The topic will be locked one month from completion (November 24th) or after all conversation dies for a period of 48 hours, whichever comes first, after which time the topic will be placed in the archive pending another census which will be taken at a later date.

Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 01:35:45 AM by Exousia » Logged
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 03:59:38 PM »

good idea this information should be at end of rnd

how many players
how many inactive % of total
how many hazuka % of total % of active
how many icaras % of total % of active
how many omicron % of total % of active
how many true light % of total % of active

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 06:23:44 PM »

Trying to slip a suggestion where I wouldn't find it. Bold move BonBon. As not to hijack the topic that is that will be said.

I think that giving away your faction would be a slight security risk. If I was say Hazuka, then I would gun for other Hazuka members that I know if they post here. I'm gonna play it safe and not say, however I did vote so that we can get a valid view on what the figures are.

Good idea boss.

Ebolla>   Ebolla: No problem. Replied
   <JGreenThumb>   Ebolla: You Ebolla:'ed :P
Exousia
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 11:59:06 PM »

That's exactly why I didn't want to make the results publicly known until after all was said and done, Jake. It's useful intelligence and not enough people are on at a time to adequately mask who's in what faction at this time by sheer volume of responses.

I think that end of round statistics would be nice as long as they don't say what groups or what individuals belonged to what faction. Simple statistics would be fun and we'd want to restrict the tally to only those players who logged in about a month maybe before the end of round. I may move that idea to suggestions but I'm pretty sure something similar has already been posted there. If I find it, I find it, otherwise, I'll add this to the list.

I'll bang out some percentages and such after the poll too, just to give everyone an idea of what's going on. I may open other polls in the future as well just to get a better sense of what's going on in other areas. I tend to keep to myself in this game and the group competition tends not to lend itself to other groups telling me what they're up to, even if it's for posterity.  laugh
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 01:56:26 AM by Exousia » Logged
nolkillerklowns

Nol_Killer_klowns@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 03:57:57 AM »

feel free the pm me about what my group is doing i will be more than willing to tell you.
Exousia
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 04:35:21 AM »

Much appreciated, NKK, since it looks like you can speak for your entire group.  19
nolkillerklowns

Nol_Killer_klowns@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 04:50:47 AM »

that i can. and will always. i have a general idea where this group should go.. (RP purposes) and it will go so long as i am running it.
Exousia
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 02:37:56 PM »

Bump.

There has to be more people on this forum than have voted in this poll. Even if you don't want to do anything else here on the forum, please do this. If you're just tuning in, this is why I put a three week deadline on it rather than three days.

Thank you.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 05:32:18 PM »

we have inactives u know

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 08:25:16 PM »

we have inactives u know

What? No way! All 17,648 players log in daily. I have convinced myself of this.  16

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure that no more than a good 176, maybe, at most, actually play. I also know there are people who only log onto the forum once a week or so. So I planned to bump the thread a few times to make sure it's seen.
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 11:37:12 AM »

What? There are inactive players?   notworking

I'm not  better than 17k+ players?    bash

I just think I am? 

I'm only better than 170? werule

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 01:31:35 PM »

lol

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 02:00:35 PM »

What? There are inactive players?   notworking

I'm not  better than 17k+ players?    bash

I just think I am? 

I'm only better than 170? werule

yep, there are inactive players..
Exousia
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 02:54:09 AM »

Final voting statistics:

True Light:  7 (41%)
Omnicron:  1 (6%)
Icarus:       7 (41%)
Hakuza:      2 (12%)

Out of a total of 17 votes.

Thank you to everyone who added your vote.  5

Now, I find it interesting that True Light and Icarus dominate the demographic while Omnicron and Hakuza fill a very slim minority. Are the faction benefits imbalanced or is it just that Icarus and True Light are cooler than the others?  21
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 10:37:56 AM »

I find it interesting that True Light and Icarus dominate the demographic while Omnicron and Hakuza fill a very slim minority. Are the faction benefits imbalanced or is it just that Icarus and True Light are cooler than the others?  21

each faction should benefit the play styles of certain missions - if you factor in that only 2 of the faction missions from a list of 12 have been added it does kinda seem one sided - while omni and hak do have their advantages - while there is no missions backing those up people see no reason to spend points in those skills. If/When the other 10 mission types get in - we should see the demographic changing to follow.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: