The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 10:36:49 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: download manager  (Read 18217 times)
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 04:13:45 AM »

i think it would be less abuseable if you HAD to get it from the same server, else people will downlaod manager every file they want, leave it hanging at whatever percent and continue it whenever they find that file anywhere, which could make it too easy maybe....

also, what is the problem with using the download manager for every file you want? it is not like you could just hit up the public servers start downloading everything, than when you run into someone that has a higher version, just go say that that was what you meant to download, and insta-download it or something...
I do not really get how what you said is even making it abusable... that was the point to the software...

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 04:54:38 AM »

I guess it's not really a problem, and it would help to get those locked down software, yet still make it possible to keep them safe...

Okay im convinced

+support

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 04:02:37 PM »

doubled

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2010, 08:48:53 AM »

I like this idea but the only thing I don't get is
"The higher the version of downloadmanager, the higher the chance of succesfully resuming a download."

How would that work? So you find the same file on a different server and you try to download it but the download manager might just be like....Nah?
Doesn't make much sense to me...
Maybe if there was a counter-ware, like a Download Interrupter, kind of like how the remote attack disruptor works?

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2010, 11:15:03 AM »

kill then download

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ivandrago
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2010, 02:24:46 PM »

Yes, there should be a chance that it'll say something like 'Unable to resume'.
I like to see more random in this game.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 03:35:00 PM »

.1% chance of failure for the first day
1% for the next week
10% for the one after
50% for the third week
85% for the forth
then its most likely corrupt data at 97.5% fail

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ivandrago
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 03:49:29 PM »

That's a good suggestion actually.
The longer the download has been running, the lower the chances it'll work
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 03:12:35 PM »

bump

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
docslax

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 06:11:50 PM »

bump

hip checked...

brilliant idea Ivan 1

Derailing and trolling forum posts since Sept 2009!
sukilove

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 07:20:34 PM »

After you start download. There's 70% the downloadmanager will leave a trail for people to track you. You can log delete or bounce. The file you download will also shown in the server ( where you download at ). So the person will make notice and find the hacker.
sukilove

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010, 07:23:53 PM »

After you start download. There's 70% the downloadmanager will leave a trail for people to track you. You can log delete or bounce. The file you download will also shown in the server ( where you download at ). So the person will make notice and find the hacker.
There's 50% trace-able for other hacker to track you. Not possible to install on Public and Secret server. Only private server and allow of install which restrict some people of downloading other of their software into secret server for Malware Farm.
Exousia
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 10:57:41 PM »

Still relevant, so I'll just say you should keep discussing and maybe try to get it on Emi's to do list while he's here making updates.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2010, 07:08:05 AM »

Cool suggestion, here is what I think we can do:

Download Worm vir: Gets installed on a server and you can activate it in order to download files from a server. You can resume a file of the same type and version, if the download is killed. DM version affects the maximum version you can download using the manager. Size is really small, 5 times less then the spyware vir.
   - if installed on another host, it enables you to start a download on that host from the server you are currently connected to and have admin access on.
      -> Example: Install on a Group server to enable you to start a download using the GS bandwidth of a file from a secret server.
   - you can only start one download. If you want to start another, the other will be killed.
   - if the download is killed, you can resume it if you find another suitable file, and the vir is still active. You can only resume the last file you tried to download with the worm.
        - log entry will show a direct connection from the host containing the vir to the download file... e.g "[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] download worm started on file #id name V x.xx"

Download Worm AV: Anti-virus for the download worm.

This could make things more interesting. I can see a very useful property for installing multiple virii on a target by using a download worm and a mirror for the virii. What you could do is upload and install a DW virus on a secret server, then upload a virus to a backup server that only has HDD and not CPU / memory to install said virus. Then access the DW and download from the vir backup server. You could also use a secret server as a backup if you wanted. Create a network of DW virii that will spawn a network of adware spam virii using the target bandwidth. This will preserve your own bandwidth.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 07:15:33 AM by siremi » Logged

sukilove

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2010, 07:36:31 AM »

SirEmi Though the Disadvantage is that you can upload and install on Secret and Public server which is Able to make a Malware farm or baron farm. Either way my though is that the Worm only restricted to Unlisted server,secret server, and Public server. Other than that can be used.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: