The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 19, 2024, 04:15:09 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Poll
Question: Should the Robber baron be perma deleted from the game ?
Yes - 5 (35.7%)
No - 4 (28.6%)
No but it should pay less - 3 (21.4%)
Only if replaced for another cave maker - 2 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Vote : Should the Baron die in round #4 ?  (Read 9859 times)
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« on: January 18, 2010, 08:06:29 AM »

Votes can be changed should people give good reasons for keeping or deleting it.
ivandrago
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 08:35:34 AM »

Either that (remove the Baron) or don't allow AP overloading
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:40:31 AM »

it shouldn't be killed, it should be deflated though

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 06:21:44 PM »

I think it should be deflated quite a bit.

I also think that for the benefit of adding virii to your own server you should be targeted much more by the corps.

I wouldn't mind if a Robber Barron costs and produced something along the lines of a File Share virus, but retain the ability to stay on your own machine and target the corporations.

As part of this, I think Corporations should target them often with about the same payout as file shares of equivalent value.

Another thing that should be added is the inability of your own group from killing your virii and collecting on them.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 06:58:58 PM »

yeah but what about a

CODE RED

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
uber stein

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 10:38:59 PM »

robber baron should stay: hmm, i like the income it provides(even though it costs alot to install(hardware)
and takes alot of time to get the AP and install time), so for that statement it kinda cancels, remains neutral for me.
the bad parts of it are made up for in the good parts of it, the income of course. but the disinfect time
really needs to be lowered, hard to hmm, well mess with it in any kinda way, barons on alot of servers and research well protected
on other servers even though research is always at risk by ur IP being bought. then u have the IP issue.  if some1 has
high barons that means alot of faction missions which in turn means alot of faction points, well that does tend to increase
research by loads..... btw, i dont get drunk often and d**n im enjoying it.. gf pissed me off royally, vodka is awesome.
but the point is: for the ppl willing to invest alot of time into game the barons r very worth it. does it create more pvp? no, i would
say it actually decreases it, not many ppl r not interested in doing faction missions <very boring, i agree>

you can modify and improve upon but u cant fix stupid
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 12:10:50 PM »

Votes can be changed should people give good reasons for keeping or deleting it.
and how could som1 change their vote?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 03:36:45 PM »

and how could som1 change their vote?

By admitting it to the world that you really didn't have an opinion to begin with and just voted blindly.... 

Like most people do anywhere in the world.

Exousia
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 11:32:13 PM »

Thinking of us Yanks when you say that, Brok? That's certainly the way I feel when I observe election results; "Did anyone even glance at the text of those propositions?"

I still think the Baron just needs a balancing feature, like, as I mentioned before, reduced capture time.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 10:54:53 AM »

I didn't vote because i dont agree with any of the options

No, but get rid of AP overloading, is what i'd have said

Maybe it'll be different once theres more faction missions, then everyone will have a chance

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 04:26:56 PM »

there are faction missions

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 04:49:56 PM »

there are faction missions

*facepalm*

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »

Thinking of us Yanks when you say that, Brok? That's certainly the way I feel when I observe election results; "Did anyone even glance at the text of those propositions?"

Yeah, the only nation I have any true experience with.  I can not believe some of the dumb crap people vote for and then later on complain that they didn't understand it later.

Honestly, if you don't understand what it says ask or don't vote period.

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 03:21:34 PM »

Personally I mess the old Virii farms.   At least then there was more PvP.   But that is just my humble opinion.

There just needs to be a lot done to increase PvP.  I mean heck SGP doesn't even have to hardly change the group server IP.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Exousia
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 06:18:59 PM »

Yeah, the only nation I have any true experience with.  I can not believe some of the dumb crap people vote for and then later on complain that they didn't understand it later.

Honestly, if you don't understand what it says ask or don't vote period.

This may earn me some flame, but, generally, if I don't understand a ballot measure/state proposition/whatever, I vote no. Of course, you have to keep in mind that I do actually read the text when it comes my way. I usually don't understand it if it's convoluted double-talk trying to cover up a pile of feces with a bed of plastic roses. I certainly don't advocate legal stagnation but I've taken enough law classes and worked for the schools long enough to realize that "California Proposition: School Improvement Bond Measure" generally means higher taxes for the next ten years after a few million dollars are tossed sporadically at a few schools in the south and the bay.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: