The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 04:33:46 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Astonix Here  (Read 9096 times)
Astonix

Never Leave a Trace

View Profile WWW
« on: March 12, 2010, 07:34:22 PM »

Hello everyone from HP,

I'm Astonix and totally new to this game since yesterday but finally understand most of everything now.

Hope to see you all around the forums,
Astonix

Virtual Fragz Gaming Community - Founder & Tech Admin
http://www.virtualfragz.darkbb.com
Exousia
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 08:33:03 PM »

Yeah, it's not too complicated. Welcome to HP! And thank you for joining us.  5
ivandrago
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 02:18:52 AM »

Hiya  17

Post on forum or use PM if you have anymore questions
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 12:20:45 PM »

join cchs if you are still confused about some stuff

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Astonix

Never Leave a Trace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 12:30:59 PM »

Thank you all for the welcoming.

Thanks for the offer bontrose but I'd prefer to be a 'lonewolf' (:

One question, I know Log UnDeleter will Undelete the files, but if the files are modified, what then? I've got into the habit of modifying then deleting the files anyway so I was just wondering what it took for them to recover the original. I'm guessing a Process Tracer will be able to get through the proxys?

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 04:32:46 PM »

Modifying then deleting doesn't do anything.  All you need to do is one or the other.

I would highly recommend just modifying the record that way it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb when someone scans it.  I tend to go and undelete deleted records just to see who did it.  But for the most part ignore modified record, since they blend in, unless I'm really after you.

At your level your Log Deleter is a useless tool for deleting logs.  But for modifying and hiding in the normal stream, a very useful tool.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 07:44:35 PM »

One question, I know Log UnDeleter will Undelete the files, but if the files are modified, what then? I've got into the habit of modifying then deleting the files anyway so I was just wondering what it took for them to recover the original. I'm guessing a Process Tracer will be able to get through the proxys?

Yeah, if you modify then delete, it's like you hit delete the first time. When someone comes in an undelete the log, then the original will pop up, not your modified version.

Best way to "hide" your log is to change just one number in the IP, e.g. change 3 to 8, 2 into 3, etc. Something that gets a tracker on the wrong path if they are not very careful...

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 10:23:27 PM »

I'm guessing a Process Tracer will be able to get through the proxys?

The process tracer doesn't necessarily look at the logs.  It looks at the traces back to your system, left behind by the process itself.  Once the process is finished their is no connection back to.  Process Tracer has a very small chance of success.  It usually takes me 30 or so attempts at 20 AP per attempt to complete a trace. 

First thing I always do before a trace is to track the logs.  If they IP change or have a higher log deleter than I have of the Undeleter then I resort to the trace. 

It can get very expensive AP wise but can become a valuable tool to stop someone from constantly hammering your files.

Astonix

Never Leave a Trace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 06:58:49 AM »

Ah well I'll stick to just modifying at my level then. What I do sometimes is grab someone's IP whom I've hacked before and are still in my IP Database then replace it with my IP, just to be harsh ;D

Thanks for the other info guys   13 but one last question. To use a Spam Daemon, to I find a good server then upload it to there? Once it's done go to the server and install? Then Hide / Encrypt.? 1
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 10:02:13 AM by Astonix » Logged

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 10:34:53 AM »

yes

but the server has to have cash so i suggest using a tr server

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 11:15:05 AM »

Ah well I'll stick to just modifying at my level then. What I do sometimes is grab someone's IP whom I've hacked before and are still in my IP Database then replace it with my IP, just to be harsh ;D

Thanks for the other info guys   13 but one last question. To use a Spam Daemon, to I find a good server then upload it to there? Once it's done go to the server and install? Then Hide / Encrypt.? 1

Encrypting does nothing against someone trying to disinfect it.  Encrypting just prevents someone from running the virii, but once it is installed that point is moot.

Hide files will hide a given file .2 points higher than the version of the item you are hiding... given that the hider is of a higher level as well.

a .1 virus can be hidden up to a .3 version if you have a .3 hide or higher.

Remember though that other players only need the .3 unhide to view your hidden files (hidden at .3).

Look for Private servers.  These have unlimited funds.  Just make sure that you are not trying to upload to a server with SPYWARE on it already.  Spyware steals your income from the virus and tells the spyware owner who owns that virus and your IP address.  Very inconvenient. 

ivandrago
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 12:56:07 PM »

Look for Private servers.  These have unlimited funds. 

Virii on private servers take HPD from the gateways owner, but only as long as this players bankaccount is not empty.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 02:12:02 PM »

Yeah, best is to install the spam daemon on public / secret servers. Hiding is helpful, prevents disinfects, but you also have to have a high version vir. Also, patrol your servers, look for disinfect processes and crack / kill the process. People will try to disinfect the vir, because some will create disinfect missions, but you get a lot of HPD, just need to patrol your stuff. Or do the fire / forget, just spam the servers with a lot of low level virs if you have a nice bandwidth.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 06:53:08 PM »

which you probably don't

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 07:45:21 PM »

which you probably don't