The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 24, 2024, 10:46:25 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: IP Database Bounce  (Read 17745 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 14, 2010, 11:45:19 PM »

Implemented another suggestion, to make bounce easier via the IP Database screen.

- you will notice a connection form on the IP Database now
- you can now click "Bounce" and it will update the connection chain while remaining in the IP Db screen
- you can easily create a bounce chain by clicking "Admin" to sort IPs by admin access, then just click "Bounce" on the IPs you want to go trough. The "Admin" filter will be preserved.
- when you are done building your bounce chain, just click on "Connect" on the left menu or in the connection form while leaving the IP field empty. This will take you to the last node server details
- oh yeah, and you can check several IPs and click "With Selected: Bounce". Down side is it will take them in order you see them, upside is you build the chain faster that way.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:05:52 AM by siremi » Logged

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 02:49:23 AM »

nice addition but useless - as you will have to go and connect to the first one just to erase your logs which will ruin the whole point of having the bounce path in the first place ?
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 03:05:50 AM »

nice addition but useless - as you will have to go and connect to the first one just to erase your logs which will ruin the whole point of having the bounce path in the first place ?

ummm... what? This update is just so you don't have to open / close multiple windows in the browser when creating your bounce chain...
Personally, when I bounce I just do it about 3 times, then bounce to the first again, clear the log there, then bounce further on the same chain.

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 06:53:02 AM »

ummm... what? This update is just so you don't have to open / close multiple windows in the browser when creating your bounce chain...
Personally, when I bounce I just do it about 3 times, then bounce to the first again, clear the log there, then bounce further on the same chain.

It does seem fairly pointless, as i use tabs anyway and i enjoy doing so, plus i tend to check every bounce along the way just to see whats going down on the servers, but i guess its kind of more fluid than middle mouse buttoning everything....

I thought PVP missions were next? D:

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 11:25:40 AM »

This is a nice addition.  After I go and change my path I usually just Ctl+bounce and then go close all extra windows...

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 01:44:01 PM »

if you bounce back to the first one then you just negated the whole point of bouncing to the first 3 - thanks you just saved me checking 3 servers in your bounce path - good job you have gold - otherwise you would suck at hiding your trail
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 03:50:23 PM »

Mmmm.  After playing with it, it is a bit rough...

Seemed like a good idea at first...  But now, not really.  I guess it was easier just to close the other windows.  Now I am required to bounce, click connect, click running files.  So it just added a whole extra click when I am working a full chain.

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 04:13:09 PM »

Ok..  I like the click a bunch of IP's and click on the with selected Bounce option.  That works nicely and fixes the original selection of creating chains easily. 

But I'd like the regular bounce returned.  Much too many clicks generated now when I'm investigating each link.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 02:34:54 PM »

so it needs to be undone?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Violent

hmm@idontthinkso.com
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 06:05:16 AM »

epic fail

SOCIAL ENGINEERING SPECAILIST

Because there is no patch for human spupidity!!
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 10:47:23 AM »

how about useful data?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 03:09:10 PM »

What do you mean about useful data?

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 04:45:17 PM »

this was not a comleate loss.

we wanted something, we tested it, and now we have new respect for the old way

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 11:31:07 PM »

this was not a comleate loss.

we wanted something, we tested it, and now we have new respect for the old way

Not really....
Do you get a buzz out of talking rubbish or is it just for your post count?  atention

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 04:54:12 PM »

no i just didn't like how violent put

epic fail
in

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print