The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 26, 2024, 10:23:57 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Robber Baron AV / PvP improvements  (Read 13061 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 22, 2010, 01:54:14 PM »

- players over 1 million power can no longer accept missions from the newbie / public servers, they can only accept secret server / faction missions.

- you can now select the power of a remote malware attack, from the remaining runtime hours of the software.
- if a remote malware task is started several times on the max power, only the first attack will use the max power, the next attacks will just use the remaining power when the task is completed.

- running an AV from directly on the host will complete 25% faster then the remote task. So one could upload an AV and run it from there to get a speed boost, provided the host has enough resources and BW for the upload.

- Robber Baron AV is now chance based:
- Robber baron AV takes 5h for each vir V 0.1 to disinfect.
On completion, there a small chance to disinfect.
The higher the RB version, the less chance to disinfect.
The higher the AV version, the greater the chance.
Cost: 100 AP
Base chance: 5% - 0.1% for 0.1 V of RB, +0.1% for 0.1 V of AV, min chance 5%, max 50%

- the remote task AV displays the AV version, while still using resources up to the vir version. This has been changed so it can be used to determine the chance of disinfecting the Robber Baron virus.

- new Faction mission. "Kill the Baron"
   -> We have received reports of an incursion in our network. Someone is stealing HPD from us and we have pinpointed the IP of the virus attack.
   -> We need you to go in and destroy this virus to stop the HPD leak. This task is very difficult, since you will have to crack the target yourself. Target will probably have state of the art defenses and could also track you down and take revenge, so thread carefully.
   -> Caution should be taken as the target can also change IP. If this happens, the mission is lost but may appear in our network again if we find the leak source again.
   -> You will need to acquire and use a Robber Baron AV for this mission.

Other notes:

- there is also a vacation mode package that I'm working on coming in the next days
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 01:55:46 PM by siremi » Logged

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 07:12:46 PM »

I see you changed the percentage increase to .1%, or is that not correct?  Previously you listed at .5% increase.

I think it makes more sense that way. 

Any chance you can do that to Process Tracer and Virus Indentifier?

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:52:20 AM »

I'm a little scared by this update  5

Time to download a baron AV i guess...

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 09:23:44 AM »

I see you changed the percentage increase to .1%, or is that not correct?  Previously you listed at .5% increase.

I think it makes more sense that way. 

Any chance you can do that to Process Tracer and Virus Indentifier?

Yeah we tweaked the percents during balancing / testing. Seemed a bit much to max the chance just at V 9.1, so made it's better at V 45.1 to get the max 50% increase / decrease. Maybe it will be increased, we'll see how it goes.

I am working on the balancing of the PT / VI, should be better soon.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:35:13 AM by siremi » Logged

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 09:30:10 AM »

Copy / paste of the new mission from a faction server. Certain sensitive data has been blanked.

Kill the Baron

We have received reports of an incursion in our network. Someone is stealing HPD from us and we have pinpointed the IP of the virus attack.
We need you to go in and destroy this virus to stop the HPD leak. This task is very difficult, since you will have to crack the target yourself.
Target will probably have state of the art defenses and could also track you down and take revenge, so thread carefully.
Caution should be taken as the target can also change IP.
If this happens, the mission is lost but may appear in our network again if we find the leak source again.

This mission can only be completed on a successful local / remote disinfect while having the mission active.
You will need to acquire and use a Robber Baron Anti-virus for this mission.

You will need to execute the following actions on the target:    

Crack into the server
  - firewall protection file #xxx| xxx V 21.1397
  - password protection file #xxx| xxx V 14.675

Disinfect the virus to fix the HPD leak.
  - the file is # xxx Basic Robber Baron Virus V 0.5046
  - reports indicate file is not hidden.

Erase your tracks to avoid retaliation.

Target IP is: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    

Since we are on the clock, we will be very disappointed if you don't complete this mission in 485h 30m 18s
Tik Tok Tik Tok Tik Tok!    

Your reward will be:
        1017274.00 HPD
        200 AP
        101727 Standing

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:34:22 AM by siremi » Logged

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 09:40:21 AM »

Copy / paste of the new mission from a faction server. Certain sensitive data has been blanked.

Kill the Baron

We have received reports of an incursion in our network. Someone is stealing HPD from us and we have pinpointed the IP of the virus attack.
We need you to go in and destroy this virus to stop the HPD leak. This task is very difficult, since you will have to crack the target yourself.
Target will probably have state of the art defenses and could also track you down and take revenge, so thread carefully.
Caution should be taken as the target can also change IP.
If this happens, the mission is lost but may appear in our network again if we find the leak source again.

This mission can only be completed on a successful local / remote disinfect while having the mission active.
You will need to acquire and use a Robber Baron Anti-virus for this mission.

You will need to execute the following actions on the target:    

Crack into the server
  - firewall protection file #xxx| xxx V 21.1397
  - password protection file #xxx| xxx V 14.675

Disinfect the virus to fix the HPD leak.
  - the file is # xxx Basic Robber Baron Virus V 0.5046
  - reports indicate file is not hidden.

Erase your tracks to avoid retaliation.

Target IP is: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    

Since we are on the clock, we will be very disappointed if you don't complete this mission in 485h 30m 18s
Tik Tok Tik Tok Tik Tok!    

Your reward will be:
        1017274.00 HPD
        200 AP
        101727 Standing

Thread = tread?
What a HUGE reward so i assume 0.1 disinfect mission will be 5 times less than that, so like 200k HPD?
Seems like our group should start disinfecting each other for quick profit, could even start a new baron install whilst they get rid of the first  19

Seems a good way to get free IPs
Maybe i can disinfect my own for massive profit
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 10:18:32 AM by DeltA-9.1 » Logged

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 11:20:02 AM »

Free IP's is exactly correct.

I got 12 this morning.

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 11:24:59 AM »

Each .1 Barron disinfect reward is exactly 201,600

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 11:34:57 AM »

Seems like our group should start disinfecting each other for quick profit, could even start a new baron install whilst they get rid of the first  19

Seems a good way to get free IPs
Maybe i can disinfect my own for massive profit

I'm going to copy / paste what I said in the suggestions topic...

They could try this ofc, but you see the AP to install / disinfect the baron would be about 5 days worth for each mission. The way I tested it, you need two people for this, one that installs a Baron, one that gets the mission since the owner can not get the mission on his own vir. Then, the one that accepted the mission has to disinfect the Baron.

This is a lot of work todo for several reasons:

- the one installing the Baron has to wait XXX hours to install
- the AP cost on both sides
- the HPD reward for the Baron removal is about 7 days income from the Baron

So, it's so balanced that it's a pain to farm, but great if you're just trying to disinfect for some extra HPD...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:04:27 PM by siremi » Logged

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 03:33:08 PM »

so you can get 7 days pay in disenfect 5 in the actual virri,
get a pair of ppl

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ivandrago
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 01:01:18 AM »

- running an AV from directly on the host will complete 25% faster then the remote task. So one could upload an AV and run it from there to get a speed boost, provided the host has enough resources and BW for the upload.

Will this work for RB AV in particular or does this apply to all types of virii ?
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 06:39:46 AM »

Yeah, word of warning to people researching Baron AV
Don't put it on the gateways with barons on them  5

I don't like this mission type at all lol
It's just making all my servers constantly public, argh.

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 09:04:40 AM »

Yeah, no kidding.  All my servers have Barrons on them.  Getting hacked all day long... Whoo hoo.

Exousia
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 08:01:41 PM »

Lost one of my Barons while I was at work. :(

Hey, if we're going to lose Barons at this rate, can we get some more missions to do?  5
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 09:31:10 PM »

Emi,

I'm wondering if the whole public IP can be changed around a bit.  Perhaps have the barons spawn a process on a random Secret Server, of the faction being targeted, when the person hits collect.  The mission would then point to that server and ask the hacker to trace the file.  The spawned mission could be on a timer that will vanish after a few hours once the trace has gone cold.

This would work well with an upgraded Process Trace <hint laugh>.

That way the hacker would have to make some effort to try and find the IP address instead of being given a list of IP's from the various secret server faction missions.

I was able to gather something like 12 IP addresses from other players way too easily.  Shouldn't be that easy.  Its worse than buying IP addresses.

-Brok

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: