The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 12:09:44 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nothin'  (Read 3860 times)
whef

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2010, 07:22:57 AM »

Just close, please. I ****** up with the "so called exploit", what then wasnt.  dots
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 04:52:57 PM by Exousia » Logged
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 08:26:15 AM »

Bretty weird indeed.  13

I'm not surprised bugs like that still exist, noone uses the tasklist really anyway, I think it needs a nice update.

Such as: You can set protections to the task list, simply click run on the task and it'll run them... So i can put firewall, password, IP cloaker and unhider on a task, then simply click run to run them all at once....

Good if you're super lazy, thats about it  21

Also exploit wise... You can start to delete a file, then run it then delete it and it'll still be running, I do it to my log deleter to stop it being stolen, disadvantage is once the process is closed, you need to get the program again, easy if you have gold FTP

whef

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 08:37:11 AM »

But hard to get if you dont.  13
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 04:00:50 PM »

This has been known for a while and hasn't been a problem.

I basically see it as this:  The file has been loaded into memory and the file on the drive no longer matters.  As long as the process isn't canceled you are all set.  But if it is canceled then you have to reload it, and if it's been hidden, encrypted or even deleted then you are out of luck.

This is actually how many files work in real life on computers.  You could load a word document into memory and delete the actual file.  As long as the process hasn't been canceled then you are all set.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 07:52:57 AM »

yes but there is a safety mechanism that stops you from deleting while open in word

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 08:16:14 AM »

The trick is to delete it then run it, rather than the opposite, wouldn't work in real computers because deletes are instantaneous

Exousia
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 04:53:20 PM »

Locked as per OP request.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: