The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 02:40:46 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 6.5 Days?!  (Read 9584 times)
Thraxian

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2010, 08:02:52 PM »

I log in tonight, and look at my process list, expecting to have a few passwords cracked and a few remote files deleted.

Much to my surprise, everything is still running, and expected to finish in 135+ hours?!  Any idea why all of my tasks (including one that's already been running for a week and expected to finish tonight) suddenly had this massive increase in time remaining?  I'm hoping that it's a bug that can be quickly remedied.  Last check, public servers didn't take 135+ hours to crack!

If an admin needs a process ID, I may be able to oblige, but I don't think I"ll be posting that in a public forum 1
Exousia
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 08:51:22 PM »

There's been a couple updates. Sometimes the counters get funky when that happens. You try messaging Sir Emi?
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 09:24:40 PM »

This issue, like the activation of virii, seems to be related to a server that went into vacation mode as you attempted to crack / install the virii or delete files on it.

I have a fix for it and the bug will be fixed in the next update.

Thank you.

Thraxian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 10:30:14 PM »

This issue, like the activation of virii, seems to be related to a server that went into vacation mode as you attempted to crack / install the virii or delete files on it.

I have a fix for it and the bug will be fixed in the next update.

Thank you.

To clarify, the servers I was hacking/deleting from were NPC servers (Public and Secret servers).  No virus activation or disinfecting was being performed, but a couple of file transfers were in progress.  All of my processes (5 hacks and about 10 file deletions) were affected by this bug.  If NPC servers go into "vacation mode", then I can see how this would be related; otherwise, this may be the  result of a different problem.
Should I go ahead and kill these processes, and possibly restart them, or will these bugged processes be restored to their previous state (using the start time and expected process time to estimate the remaining time for these processes)?
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 11:11:36 PM »

You will need to restart the affected processes.

I'm monitoring and looking for what is causing the issue.
It may be a side effect of some of the latest updates.

Edit: Found it and it's FIXED.

Affected processes need to be restarted or wait for it to complete. Very sorry for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 11:29:03 PM by siremi » Logged

WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 02:18:49 AM »

some server of people look like public servers to thraxian
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 07:19:30 AM »

Yeah, it doesn't help when there are dozen of private servers named Secret Server  1

Thraxian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 07:58:23 AM »

Unless there's a bug that causes private servers to be listed in the IP Database when you click on the "Secret" button, I'm fairly confident that the servers I was hacking were NPC servers.

Also, the missions I was working on were to delete files from a server.  According to the mission description, the server was not listed as "Gateway", and the description did not include the phrase "damage a hacker", which I believe are the two signs indicating that the server is privately owned.

I may be fresh off the boat, but telling the difference between an NPC server and a private server really isn't rocket science....  Thanks for your concern, though.
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 02:47:05 PM »

lol...Just checking simply bc ur new and alot of new people dont understand u can change ur server name, but also u have yet to make it on to my radar, meaning ur tiny, so figured u might need some help
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: