The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 29, 2024, 06:04:16 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Kind SCREWED UP (Vac mode Problem)  (Read 6145 times)
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2010, 10:18:51 PM »

Kind of screwy that u can come out of vac mode, malware someone and then go straight back in for protection.. I ask there be a 7 day Min before u can re enter vac mode..and also that Alpha be removed from Vac mode. As he acting like a coward in the matter and exploiting this Bug/Problem
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 10:23:46 PM by WolfDoc » Logged
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 10:27:26 PM »

"Once activated, vacation mode can only be deactivated after 72 hours or more from the activation."

If he got out before that, it would be considered an exploit...

I'm checking it out.

WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 10:31:34 PM »

He got out after the 72 hours..But to attack then jump right back in should be limited...Because if this going to be a tactic used and seen how we control rev. Ill jump in and out attacking everyone, which just makes it boring for people and more likely to quit, some sort of 72 hour period should be enabled for both activation and after u come out of Vac mode, Im sure most people would agree with is, just so u cant jump in out as u please
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 10:38:44 PM by WolfDoc » Logged
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 10:34:56 PM »

And just because there no Current rules against it, doesn't make it any less exploiting the game. Just like any bug or glitch found in the earlier stage of development of the game, Where they any less a problem or error needing  tending ?, No, Just something need to be fixed
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 10:58:45 PM »

So what he did was he got into vacation mode, then got out did some cracks, used some remote malware then jumped right back into vacation...

Yeah, I think we should put a 7 days delay between using vacation mode, just to make sure this doesn't get abused. Vacation mode was done so players can take a break, not so they can hit and hide...

Alpha-9 used what he had and adapted to the system, I don't see anything wrong with what he did, but I agree vacation mode needs a little balancing.

I will include the 7 days delay between vacation modes in the next update for balance.

Thank you.

WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 11:02:24 PM »

Good enough, Ill take care of alpha while hes vac mode then...
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 11:06:48 PM »

Alpha-9 used what he had and adapted to the system, I don't see anything wrong with what he did, but I agree vacation mode needs a little balancing.

I will include the 7 days delay between vacation modes in the next update for balance.

Thank you.

but still a Still a coward
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 07:12:42 AM »

Pretty much, I use the resources available to me in order to survive.

He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day ;)

Plus i'm done playing, this game is silly now, basically WolfDoc has ruined it. I feel anything I can do to attack or defend myself is pointless as he will just donate to repair everyone or get their ranks up as he see's fit.
About the time wolfdoc started doing this is when a large number of active players stopped.

So good job WD, in "trying to make the game better" you seem to have made it "a hell of a lot worse"

To be honest, as long as things are within the rules i am well within my right to use them, even if it isn't morally just, but morals cannot exist in a capitalist world of competition and the only way around that would be to add these things:

If nobody has touched your servers why go to vacation mode? Just stay out and gain attack power?

My suggestions to fix this obvious problem...it is compelling that you don't see this is an obvious loophole.

- Don't let users play multiple accouts anymore. This wouldn't change much but would help. It's not realistic that one can use multiple accounts as separate entities. For one, separate entities should be completely entitled to attack whatever server they want so long as it's not at the same time, otherwise the rule is contradictive of itself considering you aren't really playing them as separate if they can't freely attack whomever.
- Add a general rule: "Vacation mode can not be abused, as it is designed for users to be able to safely go on vacation, and not to gain a sense of protection for any other reason. Any users caught using vacation mode as a loophole will have (consequence)".
- remove vacation mode.
- most people know how long they are going on vacation for. Make it so you have to input how long your account is in vacation mode for and it can not be taken out until that time passes.
- don't let vacation mode last longer than 60 days.
- have malware and baron timers reset when you go into vacation mode. File shares, adware and other virii should remain as you can't just stack these onto your own servers productively.

Of all of these, I think the last suggestion works best. Simple way to avoid the baron problem = collect before you go. Your HPD is safe when in Vac mode anyways.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 07:25:41 AM by ãłþħά-∆9 » Logged

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 09:32:29 AM »

Well I think that by implementing many new features and improving the game, then making a big advertising campaign the new players will find a better game and they will stick around more, thus making the game more fun for everyone.

WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 01:42:31 PM »

Sees funny part is alpha when Gave u cash heard no complaint, and if shared plenty I've donated. Sorry that bc I donated that I pissed people off and they left. Like I said u didn't mind until I stop giving to you. And your right I do give to people u attack and fix there damage. What kind team member would I be if I had the resource to help and didn't? But u wouldn't know Any about being a good team member now would ya alpha
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 04:40:33 PM by WolfDoc » Logged
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 02:08:46 PM »

Pretty much WolfDoc, funny how humans work... It's not that you haven't gave me anything, in fact I never asked for anything the times you did give me, but I was still gratteful, but when I did ask you later, got pissy saying I was using you, personally I thought we were friends for a while, learnt a bit about you and spoke regularly, then suddenly along comes HJ and the powers of Chaos corrupted your soul. But, think what you like frankly, of course people will be advantageoes and opportunistic when money and power is waved in front of their face  19 But you can't deny that you have actively put people off of playing... I wish they'd have stayed but them, like i, realised there's is nothing one can do against a seemingly limitlesss stock of real money being constantly pumped.

And yeah Emi I think this game would be a lot better in general just by extending the playerbase, I gotta say, kinda sick of the same players, need some fresh meat/personalities. And more players mean more enemies and more allies, people might stand a chance against self-proclaimed elite groups if they stuck together  17

Personally i'd like to see more English, I seem to be the only one, and foreign players I have trouble talking to because everything they say sounds dumb, elay for example (god rest his soul)

Exousia
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 01:53:02 AM »

Personally i'd like to see more English,....

LMAO!  laugh
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: