The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 10:14:46 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Unlistes research 2 Fast  (Read 22328 times)
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 01:59:57 PM »

V100 firewall yay!

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 04:29:19 PM »

V100 firewall yay!
You found it...but can you get it???  12

p.s.   I can  17
Hatejacket
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 03:56:10 AM »

termul

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 03:51:46 PM »

Has anyone figured what devastating effect these insane protections have on players who join in during a round ? It's very demotivating for them once they realize that their way to the top is only getting longer and longer.

It's fair enough that higher players have the benefit of better hardware and a steady income, but it's not fair that only a small group of players have the chance to do the faction missions.

This defenitely needs to be changed if we want newbs to stay around longer.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 04:56:46 PM »

v300 firewall... I thought they were supposed to keep with player research, which is what, v58?

It's silly.
Those ones are only on steal research file unlisteds though... But good luck doing any faction missions at all in general anyway.

termul

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 05:16:15 PM »

Those ones are only on steal research file unlisteds though...

OK, but my point still remains: it gives higher players an even bigger advantage than which they already have.
Exousia
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 05:37:49 PM »

Is it accounting for overloading or something? It seems a bit excessive unless it's doing that. I think HJ made a point on that earlier.

Anyway, yeah, the missions adjust as the round ages, but the gap between noob and vet, while close at the beginning, is still expanding as the round ages and the missions don't all account for that all that perfectly yet, but it is a much much better system than we used to have.

Keep adding feedback and we'll keep hammering out the kinks.  19
Hatejacket
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 06:12:33 PM »

After 20 players have 10.000.000 power, separate those players from the rest. Any player who reaches 10.000.000 power from that point on will see different missions than those under that power. Do the same for 25M, 50M, 100M, 250M and 500M, but only after 20 players have reached that level, so there is still some competition (5 users per faction/average).

Add 2 more factions and move around some files currently assigned to the 4 we have so they all have an even amount of abilities.

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 06:29:21 AM »

Add 2 more factions and move around some files currently assigned to the 4 we have so they all have an even amount of abilities.

More factions is a good idea. It was also suggested that faction missions be unique to each player, so there isn't competition for them in the same way, and everybody has the same chance.

It could even work like the more missions you do the harder they get, instead of them getting harder to do over time. This way new player would actually stand a chance, and mission grinders will se their missions get harder and harder and will have to 'tune' there hardware accordingly.

It's a good deal, take it

PS. Basic Firewall Protect [hidden V 3.5][encrypted V 92] 49.5
Considering things ar eonly supposed to be encrypted or hidden at a max of 0.2 versions higher than the file version, this is stupid.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:35:31 AM by ãłþħά-∆9 » Logged

Hatejacket
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 10:14:36 AM »

More factions is a good idea. It was also suggested that faction missions be unique to each player, so there isn't competition for them in the same way, and everybody has the same chance.

It could even work like the more missions you do the harder they get, instead of them getting harder to do over time. This way new player would actually stand a chance, and mission grinders will se their missions get harder and harder and will have to 'tune' there hardware accordingly.

It's a good deal, take it

PS. Basic Firewall Protect [hidden V 3.5][encrypted V 92] 49.5
Considering things ar eonly supposed to be encrypted or hidden at a max of 0.2 versions higher than the file version, this is stupid.

So first the files are too high, and now to combat that they're being decrypted very high, and you're still complaining. Just never happy, are we?
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 10:37:28 AM »

I think they are growing too fast and are encrypted ridiculously so. This time next month there will be v500 protections.. It's like termul said, no smaller players have a chance, and with the top group hogging all the missions even less-so

I liked the idea of missions per power band, but power is mostly effected by software, eg. delete a file and bam lower power.

I liked my idea of incremental missions though. And player specific missions, and more factions was a good idea
4 factions between every player in the game, is simply not enough  21

Hatejacket
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 10:43:32 AM »

I think they are growing too fast and are encrypted ridiculously so. This time next month there will be v500 protections.. It's like termul said, no smaller players have a chance, and with the top group hogging all the missions even less-so

I liked the idea of missions per power band, but power is mostly effected by software, eg. delete a file and bam lower power.

I liked my idea of incremental missions though. And player specific missions, and more factions was a good idea
4 factions between every player in the game, is simply not enough  21

The power band idea would work very well I think. And to combat the lower power situation: You don't get moved down a bracket, you can only move up. If you hit 100M you can't go back to the 50M bracket, etc. Otherwise a good couple malware attacks and you'll be all alone in a band.

It would be cool to see 1-2 missions per faction server that are only visible to you, but not the ones we currently have as they fuel PvP, which is another important part of the game. Maybe add another type of mission that only you can see.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:45:09 AM by Hatejacket » Logged
GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 04:38:59 PM »

I actually like the protects are encrypted so high. Makes them not only difficult to get but also extremely difficult to decrypt.

I personally think there should be more secret servers that spawn every day so that there are more missions and all income virii being able to collect from factions not just barons will not only help out new players to get some missions and be able to get some decent income by installing virii on there own servers. This will also make the rounds go by faster.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 06:06:22 PM »

To expand on this slightly...there could be a mission mailbox specific to each player where factions mail missions to each person so those missions are specific only to them...you log in each day and check your mission dossier to see if any faction has hired you for specific missions...make them much harder than normal missions...like pvp hack this person and do such and such.  Or crack this server and recover a portion of code which also will lead to another server until you have a whole code to submit for payment but make it like a scrambled code so that  you have to enter it correctly...if you enter wrong the mission is cancelled and you get nothing...enter it correctly and you get a rather handsom reward. Make it make it so that during the course of the whole mission you have to use multiple softwares in order to recover the whole code.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 07:25:47 PM »

Add 2 more factions
why when hj suggests this he is supported but when i did it i just got slammed

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to: