The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 02:08:12 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: IP leech?  (Read 10332 times)
xviperx1989

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2010, 07:36:36 PM »

Hey, searched the guide but didnt find any explain for IP LEECH virus, what the virus do? ...
Exousia
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 09:24:26 PM »

In theory, it has a chance of extracting another IP address associated with the same network as the server it's installed on. The chance is dependent upon the version of the Leech and the number of hours it's been running. The types of servers for which it gives the address could be public or secret servers of a certain faction, or other servers belonging to the individual whose server you've installed the leech on.

For example, a leech virus installed on True Light Software Repository #1 will have a chance at giving you the IP address of True Light Software Repository #4 (public True Light faction servers) while a leech installed on Exousia's Dedicated Server will have a chance of giving you the address to another one of my servers, perhaps my baron or my research server.

There may be some specifics which I am missing, so, if someone else has more details, please enlighten us. This is, however, how it was explained to me elsewhere and how it's worked for me thus far.
xviperx1989

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 09:27:14 PM »

great man, thanks for the fast replay :D really helped me 1)
termul

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 03:12:29 AM »

while a leech installed on Exousia's Dedicated Server will have a chance of giving you the address to another one of my servers, perhaps my baron or my research server.

Don't forget the fact that it can give other's players' IP's also when you have it installed on your own gateway !
Exousia
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 05:10:46 AM »

while a leech installed on Exousia's Dedicated Server will have a chance of giving you the address to another one of my servers, perhaps my baron or my research server.
Don't forget the fact that it can give other's players' IP's also when you have it installed on your own gateway !

That sounds a bit off.
termul

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 07:34:45 AM »

That's why I mentioned it  19
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 09:40:24 AM »

That sounds a bit off.

Nah he's right Exousia, your definition is screwed up.

It reveals IPs in that 'type' of server
For example if you install it on your own server it will search for "Private network" IPs
If you install on a secret server it will search "Secret server network" IPs

EG:
 Acquired network ident [Private Networks]
 IP Leech running for 215.60 hours with version V 1.52285
 There is a 37.46% chance to get an IP in this network and 9.74% chance to get an IP containing a higher level software!
 Please confirm your action to continue.
 Acquired network ident [Private Networks]
 Performing network analyze function... no IP found. Try again.
 Performing deep network search... nothing found. Try again.
 Logs updated. Function complete.

Fffffff-

Exousia
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 02:20:08 PM »

Not saying he's wrong, just saying that probably shouldn't be the way it works.
termul

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 03:22:07 PM »

just saying that probably shouldn't be the way it works.

I think the IP leecher would be quite useless if you were required to install it on the target players' gateway first.
Even if that'd succeed it will be near impossible to accumulate enough hours to get a result.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 07:05:14 PM »

I think the IP leecher would be quite useless if you were required to install it on the target players' gateway first.
Even if that'd succeed it will be near impossible to accumulate enough hours to get a result.
need quite a few for a 50% chance

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 12:02:52 AM »

Still, it's a new type of virii farm. I thought we implemented certain changes to avoid that, in spite of the barons.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 02:35:06 AM »

I'm with him on that, I think they it works right now is great. I have some v 2.5's installed and it takes a while for them to build up and mostly you get crap private gateways but occassionally a good one comes through, if you installed enough it could easily replace IP dealer.  12
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:20:03 PM by ãłþħά-∆9 » Logged

termul

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 03:27:39 AM »

could easily replace IP dealer.  12

Yeah, that was the idea ---> http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=2234.0

I still like it
Exousia
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 04:04:09 AM »

Okay, I'll concede the point.  13
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 03:21:52 PM »

Me too, and the idea of a LAN scanner.

He did say he has some updates lined up, but heavens knows what, usually something random
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 06:33:37 AM by ãłþħά-∆9 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: