The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 08:46:04 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: ranking power calculations  (Read 12507 times)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 01:31:26 AM »

If the power ranking is to show total assets then there may be a problem.

Total worth of just my servers.   180,800 (higher than my top ranking scores)
Total worth of my software yeah not gunna figure that out.  Suffice to say to go from .1 to 1.0 = 15,000 so figure my software is worth over 100K HPD.
Total cash on my right now about 9K

My ranking should be much higher than it is currently

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 01:47:46 AM »

working on this to be fixed asap, it will take into account each type of software most advanced version (only one version, the highest for each software type).

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 01:54:45 AM »

working on this to be fixed asap, it will take into account each type of software most advanced version (only one version, the highest for each software type).

Ok.  Can you tell us what the rating is suppose to be on so we can more easily tell if it is correct or not and help you fix it faster?
IE is it based on HPD total worth?
Is HPD on hand counted?
How many HPD = 1 point?
etc etc.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 06:17:10 AM »

I can confirm that research drops your power level because ti consumes HPD, which now plays a part in ranking.

I still think that your highest level softwares should count towards your rank though. *stares at ebolla*

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008, 08:35:00 AM »

I can confirm that research drops your power level because ti consumes HPD, which now plays a part in ranking.

I still think that your highest level softwares should count towards your rank though. *stares at ebolla*

What do you think I have been saying all along *waits for Soviet to fess up from the IRC convo*.

But Sir Emi already said he is working on it so it will work correctly taking the software into account.

Besides what are you mad for Soviet?  I have more 1.0+ proggies than you and you are still higher ranked than me MR BW hog ;)

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 08:48:44 AM »

it isnt a fair indication of power level. ><

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 05:29:47 PM »

it isnt a fair indication of power level. ><
lol

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
HJ®
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 02:39:33 AM »

pfft...just completed 60 Hours worth of research, spent 9k...Rank dropped 9 points. What a joke
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 03:26:29 AM »

pfft...just completed 60 Hours worth of research, spent 9k...Rank dropped 9 points. What a joke
i researched and i seem to have stayed in place o.O

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
HJ®
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 04:26:12 AM »

Yeah well, I have the 5th best firewall in the game and apparently that makes me lose rank.

Also got some new software, total increase of 1.5+ and still stayed at the same rank.

Why is this game losing it's fun so quickly?
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 04:33:51 AM »

Yeah well, I have the 5th best firewall in the game and apparently that makes me lose rank.

Also got some new software, total increase of 1.5+ and still stayed at the same rank.

Why is this game losing it's fun so quickly?
he's going to put it so that the highest software per class will be counted and not all.

And still pretty interesting, only way to keep games interesting is having something to do or want to do or accomplish.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: