The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 03:08:05 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: ranking power calculations  (Read 12509 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:35:47 AM »

- have been adjusted to reflect the real assets, the software was taken out of the formula as it would artificially increase power by hoarding software.
- it is not based completely on hardware and assets

sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 01:16:22 PM »

well lol at ebolla's drop xD

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 01:20:03 PM »

i know  16 laugh

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
XRay

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 01:37:43 PM »

The change is probably sensible. Yesterday I was going more than 5 ranks up and down by downloading new and deleting old software. Just getting rid of my old log deleters and log undeleters caused a 10% power drop.
Gor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 06:56:44 PM »

Just found myself on the 4th place. That's a newsflash 1
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 07:16:39 PM »

call me ignorant, but whos dumlove?

i dont remember seeing him/her anywhere near there oin the past

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Tiak

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 08:18:17 PM »

While I agree that the formula was in need of adjusting to tone down some effects of software, completely removing software from the calculation isn't a good idea IMO.  Before power gave a rough idea of who could hack who, which was nice...  Now...  Not so much...  Researching actually makes you go down in power now.

I'm looking forward to a power drop of 4000 any minute now which will keep all but three or four players from hacking me.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 08:27:52 PM by Tiak » Logged
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 08:40:16 PM »

While I agree that the formula was in need of adjusting to tone down some effects of software, completely removing software from the calculation isn't a good idea IMO.  Before power gave a rough idea of who could hack who, which was nice...  Now...  Not so much...  Researching actually makes you go down in power now.

I'm looking forward to a power drop of 4000 any minute now which will keep all but three or four players from hacking me.
researching doesnt make you drop =P

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Tiak

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 08:55:18 PM »

O.O  I only posted that after I had verified it.  A 5 hours of research made me drop 500.  This happens because while HPD is calculated in, programs are not.  Meaning when I research for 40 hours I lose 4000 HPD, but gain nothing that would benefit my power.
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 09:06:01 PM »

O.O  I only posted that after I had verified it.  A 5 hours of research made me drop 500.  This happens because while HPD is calculated in, programs are not.  Meaning when I research for 40 hours I lose 4000 HPD, but gain nothing that would benefit my power.
i will know in 1 hour, ill post it here

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 10:53:34 PM »

Why?  I did the software hoarding to prove my point that the power ranking was broken and I got it fixed because of it ;)

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
HJ®
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 11:00:57 PM »

There should still be some effect.....im researching (which costs HPD that determines your rank) and my rank is actually going down.

So..im getting better...and my rank is going down...dumb move imo
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 11:54:54 PM »

There should still be some effect.....im researching (which costs HPD that determines your rank) and my rank is actually going down.

So..im getting better...and my rank is going down...dumb move imo
lol, well i jsut finished a 17 hour research and i stayed in place..

Tiak

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 12:06:31 AM »

Is there any chance of only getting your highest leveled program of a given type to count?...
HJ®
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 12:53:14 AM »

I upgraded my firewall, which was already 0.3+ higher than any other program and it went down.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: