The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 20, 2024, 02:38:27 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Updates, 2 new abilities, a new mission  (Read 6547 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 02, 2011, 12:10:43 AM »

The mission "Trace & Scan transfer" on the secret sever is now "Trace & Kill transfer" and there are 2x missions like this on each secret server, instead of one. While the current "Trace & Scan transfer" still remain on the secret server, once it expires will only be on public.

The new mission "Trace & Kill transfer" is similar to "Trace & Scan transfer", but harder, you need to trace the IP to a secret agents server that initiated the process. Then, you need to crack the server and kill the process from his machine. As a side bonus, you can find some higher software is his server, including un-installed virii that you wouldn't normally find anywhere else... also the more protected the agent server is, the more reward you get.

New features:
- RV Injector runtime ability, +35 +AbP/%, max 75%
- Robber Baron Virus runtime ability, +35 +AbP/%, max 75%
- you can install 3 RB virii / server now. There is still a limit to how many RB you can have, 15 for non-gold, 30 for Gold.

Bug fixes:
- file research can not be completed on host if file is being injected via RVI.
- timer of inject software is reset when a file has been successfully injected.

Have fun  1

norill

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 07:02:17 AM »

wow, great update, a cure for almost all problems HP had. its not impossible to install ridiculous barons now, but its harder now. and +35 +AbP/% is a little too much for rvi since its been nerfed. same with only +0.1 every 36h, because ppl will use versions like 5.0 or 10.0 and 0.1 bonus is nothing then
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:16:15 AM by norill » Logged

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 10:44:24 AM »

I'm looking into the time increase bonus of RVI, maybe we can optimize it to add a % of the version in time... maybe 1% for each running hour, so if you have a V 1.00, you get V +0.01 / hour, while if you have V 0.1 you get V+0.001 / hour. Could motivate to research the RVI more...

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:53:05 AM by siremi » Logged

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 02:14:32 PM »

- RVI time bonus adds a percent to the final RVI process version now. The % added depends on the version of the RVI and the time passed since last use of the RVI. Every day passed adds more bonus, abut 7% bonus per day, so as an example after 7 days you get 50% bonus to the RVI process version, 14 days 100%.

Izurin

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 10:50:40 PM »

I'd like to state the mission is bugged...I think.

I did the mission and stopped the process, however I didnt get mah HPD.
Even though I killed the process, its still going on the faction server, and cant be stopped there because its locked.

I want my HPD. QQ  2 QQ
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 10:55:26 PM by Izurin » Logged
Exousia
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 12:11:31 AM »

After running countless hundreds of PT processes, you'd think I'd have completed one trace and kill mission, but I haven't even received a single IP from it yet. The chances need to be increased at least for this mission's purposes. The AP wasted thus far makes the costs prohibitive proportional to the returns.
ivandrago
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 01:55:07 AM »

You could leave these missions alone until you have a decent PT and the hardware to run it. Then the odds will be much better.
Exousia
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 01:58:48 AM »

You could leave these missions alone until you have a decent PT and the hardware to run it. Then the odds will be much better.

I'm pretty sure, once I reach the point where I could run a higher PT, I'll have better income sources, so it won't matter, rendering the mission pointless. My point is that even at the minimal 5% chance, I should have picked up at least a couple IPs.
norill

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 10:24:24 AM »

i tried killing some of these processes and didnt get a reward too

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 10:21:51 AM »

i tried killing some of these processes and didnt get a reward too

The get the reward, the killed process should be the one that says "Receiving data transfer xxx", on the IP you just traced.

with a basic PT, 5% chance means on average you get the IP every 20 tries. That's on average, so if you get it 5 tries once, expect to get it in 40 sometimes too. The PT mission is just an AP sink for some higher reward. It's normal that you leave it for some better income like RB / big file shares later on.

Exousia
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 03:41:53 PM »

Well, yeah, but I'm talking 0 results in 120 attempts, 0 results in 95 attempts, etc. over a week totaling several hundred attempts with zero results. This is possible but statistically unlikely.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: