The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 24, 2024, 07:21:16 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Beginner's Tutorial  (Read 5054 times)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2008, 11:44:53 PM »

First off understand this will take you through the basics to get you started.

Click Gateway
Click Files / PRograms
Find Firewall Protect
Click Run
Now find Password Protect
Click Run

Now you have started up your basic and weak defenses but it is better than nothing.
Now for the next step.  Upgrade your defenses.

Click Connect
Type in 113.223.203.149 and click the left Connect

Click Public FTP

Click Download next to each file there.

Make sure you kill the old file before starting the new file due to your low system resources but only do 1 at a time just incase.

At the time of this writting this will bring you up to .32 defenses and this tutorial will be updated periodically as better "public" software is found.

Now time to go to your first Public server.

Select one of the 5 True Light servers and click Public FTP

Here you want to Download the following files
Log Delete
Log Undelete
Hide
Unhide
Adware Spam Daemon

In that order.  The other files are optional at this point.
Now once you have Log Delete you are going to want to start Cracking Admin on all of the public servers.

By the time you have accomplished all this you should be ready to start doing 2 things.

1> Running Missions
2> Uploading and Installing Adware Spam Daemon

Running Missions
Now you are asking yourself where you get these missions from right?
Bulletin Boards
That's right all REAL NPC servers at this time have Bulletin Boards
So click on the Bulletin Board of each server while you wait on cracking it.
Click Accept All

Now on the left hand side you will see where it says Mission Data.
I recommend opening that up in a new tab.
You will see something like this, lets hope I get the coding right /grin
Code:
                                                                             We need an experienced information
                                                                             facilitator to disinfect one of our servers.
                                                                             The vir file is # 45189, Adware Spam
                                                                             Daemon | Denezhka V 0.32, hidden
                                                                             with V 0.76
                                                                             You may need to use your own
Complete  Delete           161.187.140.200    Disinfect                      anti-virus for the task, as we don't have
       Mark                Connect Bounce      virus                         the necesary software. Once inside the               355.56
                                                                             system, start the anti-virus process by
                                                                             remote or local. Complete the AV
                                                                             process from the Running Software. It
                                                                             takes some time to disinfect the file...
                                                                             depends on the file size. Then just relay
                                                                             the completion data so we can transfer
                                                                             the reward.

Now for Delete missions the Complete is really only useful if your mission gets bugged and does not auto complete.  But for other missions you will have to use the Complete button.

You will notice all the information is there that you need to complete the mission.  The IP of the server with the file and the file that is to be deleted.   The Reward for completing the mission is based on the time + resources to complete.

So now that you have the information you will need to go to the server in question.  Hopefully you have admin on it.  If not then you will need to crack the admin on it.
Click on the Remote Server's Files / Programs.
Find the file, I recommend CTRL-F and input the file #.
Click Delete and go on to the next mission.

Understand starting out you will only be able to do a couple of missions at a time.

Now from here there are 2 different styles of progression.  There is the Ebolla way and their is the Soviet way.
Soviet's Progression style.
Focus on Bandwidth so that you can upload Virii faster to your target.
You will dump about 3/4th's of your HPD's on Bandwidth.
Split the other 4th between CPU, RAM, HDD, and Research.

Ebolla's Progression style.
Focus on CPU so that you can run more missions to gain HPD faster.
You will dump about 1/2 of your HPD on your CPU
Split the other 1/2 between RAM, HDD, BW, and Research.

HDD is the lowest priority as you only need to increase it on an as needed basis.

Now for the different mission types.
Delete
  Go into a NPC server and delete a file.  Go back when you see Task Completed and collect your reward.
Disinfect
  Go into a NPC server and disinfect the Virus in question using your own Anti-Virus program.  Understand while this perhaps the fastest feasible mission type it is resource intensive.  Go back when you see Task Completed, click Task Completed, copy the File#, go into Mission Data, and Search for the File#.  Click Completed to get your reward.
Kill
  This one is really an Anti-Hacker mission although I don't think it comes up as one.  The object here is to go Kill the Delete Process on a Hackers system thereby saving the NPC server's file.  Don't bother with it as it is a time sink In My Opinion.
Anti-Hacker
  This is a very under paid mission type.  You have to Crack Admin on the Hacker's system.  The problem is that most of these missions that I have seen are against Top 10 players.  And almost the whole Top 10 is currently unhackable.

Uploading and Installing Virii
I am going to go over how to upload and install Adware Spam Daemon however understand the directions work for ALL Virii.
Find your target server.
Click on your Files / Programs
Scroll down to the Virus in question.
Click Upload
Now go back when your upload is complete.  Obviously the more BW you have the faster this process completes.
Click on the Remote Server's Running Files and click Task Completed
Click on the Remote Server's Files / Programs
Scroll down to your Virus
Click Install
Go do something else while waiting for the activation to complete.
Go back and again click Task Completed

That is about it for the basics.

Now for some advice to help you keep a low profile.
Do not install Spyware style Virii on the Secret servers.
Do not mess with any SGP software on the Secret servers.
If you see SGP Virii in large quantities on a server it is probably in your best interest to avoid installing Virii on said server.
Last but not least.  Laugh as Ebolla destroys all Icarus servers.

I hope this helps you out a LOT with your questions on how to do things within the game and gets you a good start on playing to enjoy the game.

Ebolla
The Face of SGP
Quote from Hackers "Mess with best, die like the rest"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 08:33:18 PM by virus man » Logged

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 12:37:09 AM »

Nice guide but for the part where they connect to the true light servers add

"Press connect on any truelight servers, press the "public FTP" button and do not press anything else as it will log your IP and would allow others to attack you..."

and continues on to the part about downloading some software

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Kingdutch

Crazyness :D

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 11:09:17 AM »

Did you just give away .32 software? d**n I traded my own IP with [xxx high player] to get .26  21

Skippyballs would do well in this game.
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 11:17:20 AM »

Did you just give away .32 software? d**n I traded my own IP with [xxx high player] to get .26  21
he gave away v.31 =P

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 03:36:31 PM »

he gave away v.31 =P

I updated it last night with a server that has .32 software ;)

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 06:38:28 PM »

All future updates to this tutorial will be on the SGP Forums.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Kingdutch

Crazyness :D

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 08:02:17 AM »

roger that, see you on IRC

Skippyballs would do well in this game.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: