The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 06:53:51 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hi, I'm Gnostic  (Read 6215 times)
Gnostic

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2012, 08:13:51 PM »

Not quite sure how I stumbled on this game, but it's d**ned addictive. <- d.a.m.n.e.d is starred out..for real?

Looking at the Leaderboards there seems to be a massive difference between the highest players and those just below them, and how did I get to position 20 in a day?

I get the feeling that once someone with more powerful software targets you you're done for. I mean, if they can bust your door down and reduce your software/hardware levels you can't really get back up again can you?

Oh, and if you find my little footsteps on your server today go easy, I don't really know the social rules yet 1
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 08:37:23 PM »

Well beside what ppl say, Just dont kil my process and i wont bother u, and if u need software ask, or just random info..
Gnostic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:53:05 PM »

Don't worry, I won't. I stumbled on one of your IP's a little while ago - from everything I've read on here so far I disconnected faster than a neutrino 1

And thanks for the offer, I'll see how I get on first, although I was wondering what kind of revenues the fileshare and spamware virii generated?
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 11:15:43 PM »

Screw Adware, Go All FS, and get as many installed as fast as u can, But only 20 PER your own server, IF ur gold..There ur money makers later on, Right now its more mission dependent. But once u can start installing v1 or better FS ull make plenty of HPD.
Exousia
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 12:17:26 AM »

You do start off with more than enough hardware to run a single FileShare. Just remember that it'll eat up all your initial bandwidth. lol
Gnostic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 03:31:05 AM »

Thanks. Like the newb I am I spent all my first 3000 on bandwidth then hardly used it 1

I've blown everything else I've made so far on CPU upgrades and software research (log deleter seemed the most important) - although I've just found out you can just buy it off the shelf (not that I've got enough HPD for that).

Is it cheaper to research your own or to buy it off the software dealer?
norill

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 03:43:54 PM »

Don't worry, I won't. I stumbled on one of your IP's a little while ago - from everything I've read on here so far I disconnected faster than a neutrino 1
haha, good one.
Is it cheaper to research your own or to buy it off the software dealer?
its cheaper to steal it. but you gotta be sneaky for that. if you arent - then research. fs make you 1$ per minute per version, adware sucks

Gnostic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 07:31:16 PM »

Not sure I'm ready to be that sneaky just yet, especially since hacking people's machines tends to upset them :D

I had one more question though, if you'd be so good..

If I run a delete that is scheduled to finish before someone else does, but they 'complete' before I do, do they get the HPD or is the file deleted by my process first?

Thx.
Exousia
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 09:07:59 PM »

It's whoever actually clicks 'complete' first who gets the reward.
Gnostic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 09:24:19 PM »

Thanks.

I think I just got caught leeching software off one of WoldDoc's servers (public ftp only at least 1 )

Not a biggie I'm sure, but that's the second time in two days he's needed to re-IP..oops :p
Exousia
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 10:57:12 PM »

Most people, WolfDoc included, wouldn't do anything more than IP change unless you stopped research processes or used a Malware Overload Bomb on their server, unless they're a total *#^$.
norill

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 08:18:42 AM »

bombing peeps or killing their tasks means war. stealing software may upset some too, especially if they researched it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: