The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 07:59:34 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Major Update! The Mutant Revelation missions  (Read 22512 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 25, 2012, 11:42:06 AM »

Once again, it is time for a major update that will revolutionize the way you do battle in HP!

The Mutant Revelation Virus (MRV) is a modified Revelation virus, designed by the Omnicron / Hakuza mega-corporations.
The purpose of the MRV is to take complete control of the mega-network by the two corporations.

True Light / Icarus have declared war on the other two factions, and are fighting against the MRV.

You are now able to take sides in this war, by being a member of one of the factions and taking the following missions:

Omnicron / Hakuza, "Protect the Mutant Rev", available at all faction servers as a global mission.
Trule Light / Icarus, "Stop the Mutant Rev", available at all faction servers as a global mission.

Five new software types are added: MRV, MRV Accelerator, MRV Decelerator, MRV Acc Stopper, MRV Dec Stopper.

MutantR Decelerator, MutantR Acc Stopper can be found on True Light repository servers.

MutantR Accelerator, MutantR Decelerator, MutantR Acc Stopper, MutantR Dec Stopper can be purchased from the software dealer.

The battle is fought by the agents of the two opposing forces on the MRV server for as long as the MRV is activating.
The MRV server is an "Unlisted server", this means it will not accept bounce connections. This would make it even more interesting, as the agents fight for control of the MRV server and it's resources.

If the MRV completes the activation, it will count as an activated Revelation virus and can be visible on Revelation Day page.
At this point the MRV can only be destroyed by overloading the MRV server. Faith will not work on MRV.
If a MRV server loses the MRV virii due to overload, it will issue a disconnect command with a 24 hour timer.

While the MRV is activating, it is vurnerable to download. If one completes the download before the activation process is finished, he can use the MRV and install it. The MRV will act as a Revelation virus, but will consume 5X times more resources, and it will be immune to Faith. The power of the MRV is 7X times greater then that of a normal Revelation Virus, making it the most destructive virus yet. An attack by a player owned MRV can be launched against an activating mega-corp MRV server and it will bring in a considerable amount of PvP points, if you have the "Stop the MRV" mission.

The rewards are balanced for each of the opposing forces. True Light / Icarus will have rewards for destroying MRV server hardware, while the Omnicron / Hakuza agents will receive great rewards for installing additional virii on the MRV server, stopping malware attacks, etc.

The rewards for the missions are the following:

Stop Mutant Rev Virus:
   - PvP points for destroying hardware via overload on the MRV server
   - AP / Standing for successfully stopping MutantR Accelerator tasks, by using the MutantR Acc Stopper (75 AP/proc)
   - HPD / Standing for successfully completing MutantR Decelerator tasks (it uses 75 AP to start! and 3 hours def time to complete. Decelerates MRV by 1 hour + version)
      -> reward depends on time declelerated, 5250 HPD / 750 Standing for each hour decelerated, (max 10 hours)

Protect Mutant Rev Virus
   - PvP points for installing virii on MRV server. (gain 110% of virii used AP => free activation +10% AP gain)
   - AP / Standing for successfully stopping remote malware attacks on MRV server by using the Remote Malware Disruptor (35 AP/proc)
   - AP / Standing for successfully stopping MutantR Decelerator tasks, by using the MutantR Dec Stopper (75 AP/proc)
   - HPD / Standing for successfully completing MutantR Accelerator tasks (it uses 75 AP to start! and 3 hours def time to complete. Accelerates MRV by 1 hour + version)
      -> reward depends on time accelerated, 5250 HPD / 750 Standing for each hour accelerated, (max 10 hours)

Great opportunities await those who are brave enough to venture into this global war.

The MRV missions are designed as a way to make each and every round interesting. The outcome of the battle of the MRVs will most likely determine who is the most skilled agent. The MRV server should be regarded as a PvP arena battleground. Only one MRV server can activate at a time, ensuring the battle takes place in one location. Your task will be to eliminate the enemy by any means. Use whatever tools you have and employ tactics you design. The MRV can be delayed indefinitely, or it can be accelerated.

The choice is yours! Doom or save the world!

MRV begins to develop only after 30 days passed since the round started.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:32:31 PM by siremi » Logged

tn5421

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 04:53:11 PM »

This sounds like fun.  I just downloaded and started some new research projects, hopefully I can compete heavily within a week.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 07:39:36 PM »

This sounds like fun.  I just downloaded and started some new research projects, hopefully I can compete heavily within a week.

Sounds good. Reseach is important as you can see in the software list:

MutantR Accelerator    Software designed to accelerate the activation process of the mutant Revelation virus. Higher version gives more boost.    2400    92000    100    178400000

MutantR Decelerator    Software designed to decelerate the activation process of the mutant Revelation virus. Higher version gives more boost.    9600    278000    0    178400000

MutantR Acc Stopper    Attempts to stop a remote mutantR accelerator process. The version determines the odds to stop the process.    1200    46000    0    178400000

MutantR Dec Stopper    Attempts to stop a remote mutantR decelerator process. The version determines the odds to stop the process.    1200    46000    0    178400000

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 01:10:56 AM »

The "MRV status: active" on the left menu means the MRV research is completed and MRV is spawning.

This status can display hours left until research completed on the MRV like this:
"MRV status: 720h"

When the countdown completes, it switches to "active" instead of hours left.

The MRV research takes 30 days (720 hours), from when a new round starts.

The status indicates when MRV will begins to spawn, and when the MRV missions will become available.

norill

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 07:52:49 AM »

when MutantR Acc Stopper process is complete you can't complete it remotely and there is no link to bounce and connect

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 10:26:31 AM »

when MutantR Acc Stopper process is complete you can't complete it remotely and there is no link to bounce and connect

Should now show "connect / bounce" when task complete on Acc,Dec,Stop Acc, Stop Dec on the origin now, thank you.

Sjums07

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 04:33:05 AM »

I personally would like the game to go on for a loooong time. And if I choose a faction that's pro Revelation it's not because of the revelation, it's because of some other software.

Now, I wouldn't accept the MRV missions, and actually miss a good opportunity for PvP point and AP if I'm pro rev. So it somehow seems better for those who's ani-rev.. imo

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 12:27:21 AM »

fixed an issue preventing the MRV from crashing due to overload.

If the MRV process crashes due to low resources, or if MRV is activated and then crashes due to low resources, a network disconnect command is issued that will complete in 24 hours. At that time the MRV server is defeated, and another may spawn.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:29:42 AM by siremi » Logged

DeaderProject

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 10:46:43 AM »

Have you not figured it out yet, person I disagree withes?

This forum holds a special place in my heart. It reminds me of a special ed classroom, because it's full of retards who will never go anywhere.

You had a good game and you ruined it by being greedy. You know this full well. This game will NEVER get at the pace that it was at within 6 months of it's creation solely on the fact that you'd rather let one inbred idiot pay you what you required to keep putting minimal work in. That and making changes that NOBODY wanted but you, and look where it's got you. You need to listen to your consumer base, but why would you give a nuts? You still have the inbred idiot giving you enough money to pay for the server and your time. He quite apparently doesn't realize any of this.

But why would Emi EVER comment on anything like this? If he admits what everyone else knows, there's a chance that the inbred might not keep paying him.

I'd be willing to bet just about ANYTHING that by the time Mr. Inbred leaves, the site will close within 1 year. I guarantee it. You aren't even playing a game anymore. You're just collecting a paycheck and throwing minimal updates here and there.

I wonder, how much does the inbred pay you, Emi? Because you also know FULL WELL that if you had listened to your consumer base and not let this happen, the gross income would be higher with thousands of people playing. But why does it matter now? It's a missed opportunity for everyone but you, because you have an inbred. Who cares about the well-being of the game, because you're getting a paycheck either way. You are everything that every REAL gamer hates. You are pathetic.

The inbred can say or do whatever he'd like. it won't take away from the fact that you will grow old knowing you wasted years of time and money doing something that was totally fruitless. You really think Emi gives a nuts about the game? Because you're dead wrong. He's got 2 more cookie cutter types of the same thing, just waiting for when HP finally dies (When you leave). The ONLY thing he cares about is getting that money from you. Hacker Project, the game, is just an innocent bystander who happened to take a stray bullet. Really, who is the idiot here?

Keep wasting your time boys. Keep hoping that nuts might change, because it never, ever will, and it gives me a good laugh every couple months.
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 11:47:55 PM »

lol, thx god someone said somethiing, but emi go a head tell everyone when i sent u money, as im sure this is targeting me. What is it 6 months, 7 months now.. but ehh. I think its a interesting update. Little unexpected, as i wanted a year long round for shlts and Giggles, but Some just want a round one where they think they can dominate.
DeaderProject

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 09:38:56 AM »

Doesn't matter how long ago it was. Fact of the matter is, your donations and his greed ruined the game. I won't be sticking around. The only reason I even came back a 2nd time was because I got your PM in my email.

This game is dead. It always will be. It's a learning process for Emi: If you weren't so greedy, for the sake of your game you would limit the amount a person can donate. But you don't care about the well-being of the game. You care about the well-being of your pockets.

Peace
Exousia
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 12:40:40 PM »

All I see is 'wah wah wah'....

The internet is full of fail games. To pin the blame on any one or two people is asinine and delusional. Given the short bus full of cheaters and whiners what's marched through here, of course it's not doing all that well. Writing whiny diatribes blaming others isn't going to do jack.
ivandrago
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 01:36:56 PM »

Yeah, the game is more dead than alive.
There's not even enough players to get doomsday started, sjeezz.

But the #1 reason for it is the relentless PvP caused by overpowered remote malware. Tweak that and more people will stick around for a longer time.
I can name dozens of players that were hooked but quit because they got weeks/months of work shattered in the course of one night.
DeaderProject

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 06:38:09 PM »

Yeah, the game is more dead than alive.
There's not even enough players to get doomsday started, sjeezz.

But the #1 reason for it is the relentless PvP caused by overpowered remote malware. Tweak that and more people will stick around for a longer time.
I can name dozens of players that were hooked but quit because they got weeks/months of work shattered in the course of one night.

Remote malware will go nowhere for one simple reason: What's the fastest way to re-coup that? By donating. It's a money maker. Not going anywhere. You really think Emi cares about the well being of the game? Come on now. I've been saying this for YEARS and the only 'fixes' that we've seen are things that will give him more money, not fix the game. Why do you think we get updates that nobody wants? Because Emi has some "vision"? No. You get those updates because Emi saw another way to scam a few bucks out of you.

Sea Odyssey is dead and Emi spends twice as much time on Space Odyssey as he does The Hacker Project. He hasn't logged into Sea O in over a week. You tell me why he hasn't logged onto HP in days but is frequently on Space O? Because it's the biggest money maker for him. He doesn't care about Sea O, it's very evident. Just go look at the forums. Then compare all 3 games. Sea O is dead, HP is only being kept alive by you idiots and Space O is where it's at for him right now. If you want to know where Hacker Project is headed, look at Sea O. If you had a developer that gave a d**n, he'd be working on his games. But he only cares about where the money comes from.

You don't need any more proof than the conclusive evidence presented here. There are less than 10 topics on the Sea O forums TOTAL in the last 4 years. NOTHING about Emi trying to do anything to help it. Why? Because he knows it's dead, he knows he can't make money there anymore. If you think Hacker Project is any different, you are entirely delusional. Hacker Project will eventually be what Sea O is now, and he'll then take them both offline. The only reason HP even gets the attention it does now is because of the history of donations he's got; He's just hoping they'll come back. Not for the sake of the game, for the sake of his pockets. You may aswell just be Drone #123123 to him; he doesn't give a flying f**k about you, yet you keep on paying him to scam you.

Now someone present me any sort of dispute to this. You know it's true and you still waste your time here. It's sad, really.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 06:51:02 PM by DeaderProject » Logged
norill

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 06:47:35 PM »

you don't make sense HJ. it's an update that makes rounds shorter and after every round emi gives prizes to the winners. shorter  rounds = more frequent prizes = more money emi is spending on game. plus wolfy said he didnt wanted shorter rounds

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: