The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 12:06:43 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: virus breaker question  (Read 3286 times)
sovietpride

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2008, 03:02:40 PM »

is this like the anti-virii programs which require an = or > hider version, or does it not require this?

Apparently it doesn't, which imho makes it pretty overpowered.

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 04:52:21 PM »

There's been quite a bit of discussion about this topic throughout the forums. I agree that it's very OP, but it's supposed to give new players an advantage. The problem is that their servers can' handle the top players' virii, so it only benefits other high players.
HJ®
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 05:05:45 PM »

But you don't actually take control of the software itself, just the process.

Another key problem I'm starting to see is that how it IS killing the game - Sure, it gives new players an initial bonus, but what would you do if you were new to a game, came on and gathered all this power, only to see it all gone the next day when you get your virii stolen back? I'd be pretty pissed off at the time that I spent on day 1 only to have it all gone. I dont know if I'd want to play anymore.

Alongside that, the older players are becoming increasingly more frustrated with this software, and it just seems like siremi doesnt care. The only reason the new players aren't becoming frustrated is that they don't have virii to steal at first. Once they see that it's a double edged sword, they'll understand our frustration.

When I agreed to this software at first I at least thought there would be some reprocussions - it's actually causing more problems for everyone. Nobody benefits. Everyone is simply frustrated in the end.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 10:08:09 AM »

Another key problem I'm starting to see is that how it IS killing the game - Sure, it gives new players an initial bonus, but what would you do if you were new to a game, came on and gathered all this power, only to see it all gone the next day when you get your virii stolen back? I'd be pretty pissed off at the time that I spent on day 1 only to have it all gone. I dont know if I'd want to play anymore.

Alongside that, the older players are becoming increasingly more frustrated with this software, and it just seems like siremi doesnt care. The only reason the new players aren't becoming frustrated is that they don't have virii to steal at first. Once they see that it's a double edged sword, they'll understand our frustration.

When I agreed to this software at first I at least thought there would be some reprocussions - it's actually causing more problems for everyone. Nobody benefits. Everyone is simply frustrated in the end.

there're easy ways to prevent it from being stolen, and i use this specific process to secure my proxy connections

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 11:22:40 PM »

Perhaps. However, I like it a lot, despite knowing that one in two of the virii I capture will be captured back: more if the Virii in question is a spyware; less if it's not, and there's spyware to steal.

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: