The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 07:59:30 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What to research?  (Read 8486 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 25, 2008, 12:09:05 PM »

Well, the missions will usually spawn tool files, with some exceptions:

They won't spawn virii files, so if you want to improve the virii after you download the default 0.1 version from the True Light repository, it's good if you can invest some research into it.

However, great care should be taken with virii, you should hide it well on the gateway or use a Secure FTP to store your virii, or you may find yourself with your own virii installed upon your gateway if someone hacked you.

Research Firewall Protect / Password Protect, they won't spawn in mission BUT you may download a higher version from the Public FTP of some secret mega-corporation servers. Still, it's a very good investment to research those.

ManoftheSea

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 02:29:16 PM »

That's how N1z0ku got pwnd.  He had the virii sitting next to the anti-virii.  He eventually gave up in stopping processes.
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 03:58:49 PM »

ouch.

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
N1z0ku
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 03:57:35 AM »

But hell, I'm back again.. Let's see how long I last this time. *Lol*
KaziArmada

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 10:45:50 AM »

Hmm....*Cancles Virii download* Lets wait till we got some encrypt software to do that :P
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 09:45:52 PM »

Hmm....*Cancles Virii download* Lets wait till we got some encrypt software to do that :P

hide stuff first >.> recommending encryption differences..........

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
fusionrunner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 08:14:30 PM »

If necessary with me I will hide them with the software that I got after I have encrypted them for security then research those systems for better effect on the next hit.
nolkillerklowns

Nol_Killer_klowns@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 01:57:56 AM »

I have yet to hide anything or even run protection software most of the time (Much to the groups distress). And i have never had any of my virri installed on my Gateway. I guess you have to be careful and loop your bounces a few time this way people get very confused.
Ged Crimsonclaw

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 09:50:50 PM »

I have yet to hide anything or even run protection software most of the time (Much to the groups distress). And i have never had any of my virri installed on my Gateway. I guess you have to be careful and loop your bounces a few time this way people get very confused.

Do you change your IP often?  Or do you just simply use a good log deleter?  I too would like to learn of these things from a true veteran 1.  I ask, because I've already been hacked 4 times, and hope to be able to prevent this from happening again.
nolkillerklowns

Nol_Killer_klowns@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 01:35:04 AM »

a bit of both, i change ip's every day. I bounce at least 12- 15 times. and i have a good log deleter.... at the time when to post was made, more likely then not, Sgp was the only ones beside's my group could track me. that and i would delete more than one servers logs.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 09:44:14 AM »

I personally rarely change IP.   Originally when SGP was created we had rules in place to change IPs once a week but that rule ended within a few weeks as with the IP Store it really does not matter how often you change your IP.

Once you reach a certain point you can buy almost all of the .5+ IPs on that day and then every day after that you can just buy them all anyways.   Seriously if there are 1000 people with .5+ software you only need 350K for the first round of buying and then a fraction of that each day after.

Changing IP is usually best only if you got hacked while not running full defenses.  Change Password and IP at the same time and get your defenses back up so that it will be a hard crack there after.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 10:28:52 AM »

You mean 3.5kk right?
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 10:42:10 AM »

Or 3.5M which is the correct term. Yep, V-Man have calculated wrong.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 02:39:42 PM »

Yeah I missed a 0.  see what happens when I post half asleep ;)

The correct amount for the first day would be 3.5 mil.

as it costs 3.5K per IP and if there are 1000 people with .5+ then the total amount would be 3.5m.

Ebolla = /fail ;)

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: