The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 09:14:02 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: capture, hide, encrypt, disinfect balancing  (Read 8198 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 19, 2008, 09:42:01 PM »

- when a virus is captured, decrease version of virus by (V - 0.1)/0.1*0.006

- hide files maximum hide file version depends on file version + 0.2 (e.g. a virus with V 0.5 can only be hidden up to hide V 0.7 ).
Using a higher hider version will only hide the file up to the file version + 0.2. Same for encryption.
- all files with hide / encrypt level level > version+0.2 have been set to version+0.2 hide / encrypt level

- disinfect mission reward also takes into consideration virus version now in addition to file size: reward = reward * (1+V-0.1). Eligible for new missions.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 10:26:49 PM by siremi » Logged

jem6502

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 10:08:34 PM »

- hide files maximum hide file version depends on file version + 0.2 (e.g. a virus with V 0.5 can only be hidden up to hide V 0.7 ).
Using a higher hider version will only hide the file up to the file version + 0.2. Same for encryption.

wouldn't this work better as a percentage instead of absolute 0.2?  So a v5.0 could hide a v7.0

maybe you already thought this thru and absolute is better for some reason
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 10:17:37 PM »

you upgrade everything equally is my guess....... and so it makes sense too keep this deadlocked as well

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 03:41:19 AM »

Just so you know this does NOT affect the running process.  Since VB only captures the running process that means this feature as it stands is broken.

Want me to post an IP showing it on a server that belongs to a player who quit?

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 11:59:55 AM »

Just so you know this does NOT affect the running process.  Since VB only captures the running process that means this feature as it stands is broken.

It doesn't need to affect the running process name, it affects the file version and the file version is used when trying to collect profits.

So process name shows the original version name, but the file has a lower version, so when to collect / spy it will use the lowered version. You can check this by looking at the version when collecting, would say something like Adware version 1.4536... if it was captured and had the version lowered.

I checked it out and didn't find any bugs.

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 04:30:21 PM »

It doesn't need to affect the running process name, it affects the file version and the file version is used when trying to collect profits.

So process name shows the original version name, but the file has a lower version, so when to collect / spy it will use the lowered version. You can check this by looking at the version when collecting, would say something like Adware version 1.4536... if it was captured and had the version lowered.

I checked it out and didn't find any bugs.

Then shouldn't it use less resources?  I mean seriously for those players who can't get rid of a virii they would use this.  But if it doesn't reduce the amount of resources used then that also allows for abuse.

Imagine installing a 200BW using virii.   A couple of younger players want to help remove it but can only do so with VB.  They use it to capture repeatidly.  It still uses the same resources but now the hide version has been reduced and they can use a lower level AV to disinfect it.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 04:32:49 PM »

EDIT: My bad; this made NO sense at all. DELETED!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 05:04:43 PM by Raistlin » Logged
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 05:01:41 PM »

Ebolla, I can understand that might be annoying, but considering the RIDICULOUS amount of time and AP they'd have to sink into it, I think that it's legit. I mean, come on. 200 bandwidth is what, at least 40 hours a capture, and 120 AP a pop. I'm not a huge fan of VB, but this seems alright.

Did you even read the post?  Because your reply doesn't touch on the subject what so ever.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 05:03:59 PM »

Hahah. My bad, I read the post completely backwards. No more posting for me until sleep, I think :(
Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 05:14:43 PM »

Then shouldn't it use less resources?  I mean seriously for those players who can't get rid of a virii they would use this.  But if it doesn't reduce the amount of resources used then that also allows for abuse.

Imagine installing a 200BW using virii.   A couple of younger players want to help remove it but can only do so with VB.  They use it to capture repeatidly.  It still uses the same resources but now the hide version has been reduced and they can use a lower level AV to disinfect it.

Just a thought ... I was under the impression that this would reduce the version of the Virii... not the version of the hide file used to hide the virii...

Of course the hide is capped by the Virii version but this would be precisely where I would expect to find a problem - reduction in the file version of the virii but not necessarily reduction in the hide version. (I don't know how it works but it is something which I would not trust help files on  16)

coffee1
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 06:40:41 PM »

I'm lost... no it only reduces the file version. Doesn't reduce hide version, doesn't reduce resources used... just like the malware can reduce hardware even if the server is at full load...

just capture it or AV... details... details...  laugh

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 01:32:07 AM »

Ah but with the current cap on Hide it does reduce the hide version.   Hide can only be .2 higher than the file version.  So that means if the file is 10.006 the hide is 10.206 but when you capture it drops the file version to 10.000 which in turn drops the hide to 10.200.  Hope that is a bit clearer boss man.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Ged Crimsonclaw

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 11:15:48 PM »

Ah but with the current cap on Hide it does reduce the hide version.   Hide can only be .2 higher than the file version.  So that means if the file is 10.006 the hide is 10.206 but when you capture it drops the file version to 10.000 which in turn drops the hide to 10.200.  Hope that is a bit clearer boss man.

Eb: the hide limitation is applied just once when the program is run, and stored thereafter, just like the encryption.  Hence, the hide level should remain constant with the virus.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 12:19:52 AM »

Eb: the hide limitation is applied just once when the program is run, and stored thereafter, just like the encryption.  Hence, the hide level should remain constant with the virus.

Which is what I said.  btw good job necro'ing another post in which Sir Emi stopped paying attention to us in.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Ged Crimsonclaw

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 12:40:32 AM »

NP   13
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: