The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 04:28:49 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: Moderator Terms and Commitment  (Read 58785 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 20, 2008, 12:33:53 AM »

Those terms are for all that wish to become a Hacker Project moderator, if they have good credentials and history, and a position is open. You can message Sir Emi ingame or via forum PM for applications.

The Hacker Project moderator position comes with a few rights and obligations.

Moderators are considered as Hacker Project staff and team, therefore they must accept this agreement before they can become moderators.
A moderator is someone who has moderating rights on Hacker Project forum.
If you wish to be a moderator and can not accept this agreement, please do not apply / respond.

- A moderator is not allowed to discuss about donations, donation implications, and about players who donated. Accusations are certainly out of the question. All issues you may have against someone, including bug exploits, etc. should be sent privately in the game to e(#1) or trough the forum private messages.

- A moderator exploiting a game bug is very unprofessional and makes the Hacker Project team look bad in the eyes of other players. All mods should report bugs immediately, even if they do not look like bugs. Anything that gives an unjustified advantage or unbalances the game in any way should be reported as an unbalance bug. Issues that unbalance the game have the highest priority.

- Cussing, using bad language, harassing or threaten another player or accusing them of bug exploits is strictly prohibited. All data on exploits should be sent directly to Sir Emi for analysis and the decision will made after that.

- Insulting another player, calling them stupid, moron, etc. is prohibited even if the moderator has been insulted himself by the person. You will report the post / message to Sir Emi, and appropriate action will be taken. You are committed to respond in a professional manner, and show respect for all others.

- You CAN edit / delete posts using bad language or a post that insulted a fellow forum member or player, mod, admin, or a post that you think is a threat to Hacker Project, e.g. explanation on using a bug to gain benefits, posts advertising stuff, spam.

- Abuse in deleting posts, deleting important posts, not letting others express their opinion is not allowed.

- Editing posts to cover up something, help someone else change something in order to cover up, or discredit someone are not allowed.

If you break any of the above, you are at the discretion of the administrators, and could risk one or all depending on the gravity of the action:
- temporary loss of mod position
- termination of mod position
- forum ban
- ingame account ban
- ingame alt accounts ban
- IP ban in whole Hacker Project

Thank you and God Speed!

Sir Emi
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:51:12 PM by Donn » Logged

sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 07:27:52 AM »

so, how do we actually apply?

*soviet signs agreement*

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 02:55:30 PM »

so, how do we actually apply?

*soviet signs agreement*

You sign here or send me a message and I make a list and decide who is the best for what board.

Veteran players with established reputation and good manners are the best candidates.

Most of all, you have to be patient with the others and respond with respect and try to be as friendly as possible and not patronize them if you get the position.

Thank you

Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 03:03:39 PM »

Signed.  Even with all the arguments surrounding the game, it's great fun, and I'd love to keep an eye on the forums.
ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 11:27:00 PM »

At the moment, I'm interested, but not willing to sign up.

After a month or so has passed, if I'm still playing, then maybe I'll sign up. I pass through games quickly enough that I don't want to commit to any unless I'm sure I'll be playing in a while.

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
H4T0R

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 02:53:42 PM »

I would love to help to improve the game too.
PlyPencil

156 colemansystems@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 03:38:05 AM »

'- A moderator is not allowed to discuss about donations, donation implications, and about players who donated. Accusations are certainly out of the question. All issues you may have against someone, including bug exploits, etc. should be sent privately in the game to e(#1) or trough the forum private messages.'

I understand and accept this rule

'- A moderator exploiting a game bug is very unprofessional and makes the Hacker Project team look bad in the eyes of other players. All mods should report bugs immediately, even if they do not look like bugs. Anything that gives an unjustified advantage or unbalances the game in any way should be reported as an unbalance bug. Issues that unbalance the game have the highest priority.'

'- Cussing, using bad language, harassing or threaten another player or accusing them of bug exploits is strictly prohibited. All data on exploits should be sent directly to Sir Emi for analysis and the decision will made after that.'

'- Insulting another player, calling them stupid, moron, etc. is prohibited even if the moderator has been insulted himself by the person. You will report the post / message to Sir Emi, and appropriate action will be taken. You are committed to respond in a professional manner, and show respect for all others.'

'- You CAN edit / delete posts using bad language or a post that insulted a fellow forum member or player, mod, admin, or a post that you think is a threat to Hacker Project, e.g. explanation on using a bug to gain benefits, posts advertising stuff, spam.'

I understand and accept this ability

'- Abuse in deleting posts, deleting important posts, not letting others express their opinion is not allowed.'

'- Editing posts to cover up something, help someone else change something in order to cover up, or discredit someone are not allowed.'

'If you break any of the above, you are at the discretion of the administrators, and could risk one or all depending on the gravity of the action:
- temporary loss of mod position
- termination of mod position
- forum ban
- ingame account ban
- ingame alt accounts ban
- IP ban in whole Hacker Project'

I understand and accept the punishments

I would like to apply for a moderator position.

Humans make mistakes, that's why they put erasers on the end of pencils.
RicTys

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 11:45:43 PM »

I fully understand the Terms and Commitments
and would like to apply.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 01:45:57 PM »

Donn and Exousia have now been appointed as Global Moderators.

Thank you.

Exousia
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 01:49:39 PM »

Thank you Emi, I shall abuse my power to the best of my ability.  19

In all seriousness, I shall do my best.  13
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 02:15:28 PM »

I would like to congratulate you both this will be a great help to the game. I think that Emi did the right thing to appoint you both.
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 06:30:38 PM »

Wooooooooo! This was a good topic for two reasons, 1) Emi posted, 2) We have a mod!
(Refering to another thread where I'm arguing about grammar I couldn't help but notice some of Emi's bad grammar)

And I accept the terms as well I guess, but I don't really want to be a mod, it sound like work  confused2
[Now I'm going to have to make sure I don't spam... my post might be removed now  19]

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Deavas

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 11:38:01 PM »

Congrats , to both of ya!
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 05:13:51 AM »

Thanks a lot Sir Emi for appointing two moderators. I hope both Exousia and me can make a change.  7
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 10:18:27 AM »

Congrats to the both of you.

Where did my application post go though I wonder.  I see it has been "deleted" from the thread even though I was one of the first ones to apply.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to: