The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 10:09:41 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Bulletin Board - where you get missions  (Read 9814 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 23, 2008, 10:07:39 PM »

The bulletin board is just below the server description, right of the Crack Admin / Admin Login.

If you connect to a True Light server or mega-corporation server you should see a Bulletin Boad link. Once in there, click Accept on a mission and go to Mission Data to see the details.

The download remaining time is shown in the Running Software on host that initiated the download as well as the remote host receiving the download. It's not showing a percent but rather the remaining time needed to get the file. Also note that if you begin several downloads at one bandwidth will be split increasing the time needed to complete the download.

Melville

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 11:39:50 PM »

Thanks! I figured that out right before you posted, my last question is, what future features are you thinking of adding?
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 12:00:47 AM »

Well The Hacker Project has lots of unexplored features now, but we'll certainly add new ones as we come up with more ideas.

There are many types of software we may add later.  1

Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 12:35:21 AM »

Question regarding the boards-Do they leave a log when you check them? My gut answer is no,but its hard to check without actually creating alog,hehe.

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 01:45:27 AM »

You only create a log when;
You log in as admin
You press one of this three buttons; Logs, Files/Programs and running software.
And when you are bouncing.
When you are completing/stopping tasks but then you have to login for your IP to be visible. Otherwise it just stands; Remote host interrupted or something like that.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
XRay

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 02:15:02 AM »

When you are completing/stopping tasks but then you have to login for your IP to be visible. Otherwise it just stands; Remote host interrupted or something like that.

Really? That would be nice, I always logged in for that because I thought I'd have to delete my logs. Self-fulfilling prophecy. confused2
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 02:37:14 AM »

Really? That would be nice, I always logged in for that because I thought I'd have to delete my logs. Self-fulfilling prophecy. confused2
If it requires you to complete a task via remote host, it will log your ip. ( at least in my experience.. )

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 03:09:48 AM »

You only create a log when;
You log in as admin
You press one of this three buttons; Logs, Files/Programs and running software.
And when you are bouncing.

You can not complete a task from remote.  You have to click on Running Software for the server in question.

I wish you could it would save me a lot of time ;)

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 03:12:00 AM »

When you are downloading a thing you can complete/stop it on your own which is recorded as remotehost of the other server.

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 03:19:17 AM »

When you are downloading a thing you can complete/stop it on your own which is recorded as remotehost of the other server.
But that's on your gateway.

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 03:44:06 AM »

Yes. My gateway is remote host for the other gateway. I dont look into my logs if I want to delete my traces which was the point of him asking.

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 04:36:21 AM »

Yes. My gateway is remote host for the other gateway. I dont look into my logs if I want to delete my traces which was the point of him asking.
I know that but, what do you mean you don't look in your logs? Gah nevermind i'm too confused now

checking the bulletin board does not leave a log ( if that was the question. )

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 04:48:27 AM »

Nope it doesnt.

But to make it clear for you; Ending a download affects the uploading servers logs. Then they write in their logs Remotehost interrupted or something like that. That about my own logs, I was just telling you which logs I was meaning. I dont look in my logs for traces to erase.

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 01:59:59 PM »

Nope it doesnt.

But to make it clear for you; Ending a download affects the uploading servers logs. Then they write in their logs Remotehost interrupted or something like that. That about my own logs, I was just telling you which logs I was meaning. I dont look in my logs for traces to erase.
Yupp, it's admin xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx has interrupted blah blah blah, or remotehost has cancelled blah blah blah

not sure if this is what it says memory kinda fuzzy

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 01:39:41 AM »

It depends on which host is interupting. If you end it on remotehost (the other host) it will stand admin from xx.xxx.xxx.xx and if you interupt from your own it will stand remote host. But dont ask me which tasks that can be made from which gateway.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: