The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 01:39:10 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Getting v0.2 exactly  (Read 3930 times)
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2008, 10:20:45 PM »

Quick question, how could you get a file to version 0.2 (or any other for that matter) EXACTLY? Without using malware :P

That is the maximum file version allowed for virii on the public servers, but it is my understanding that you can only achieve 0.202 and 0.196, yet i have seen files around at the exact version of 0.2. Or is the only option to purchase the soft?

Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 10:30:16 PM »

Yup, gotta buy it. 

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 11:40:01 PM »

Quick question, how could you get a file to version 0.2 (or any other for that matter) EXACTLY? Without using malware :P

That is the maximum file version allowed for virii on the public servers, but it is my understanding that you can only achieve 0.202 and 0.196, yet i have seen files around at the exact version of 0.2. Or is the only option to purchase the soft?

.1 will hit .4 exactly
.2 will hit .5 exactly
.3 will hit .6 exactly

Basically what it starts out as then ever .3 from then on.

Otherwise you gotta buy it.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 02:42:08 PM »

Thanks for the replies. Gotta admit, i REALLY dont like that v0.2 limit :P, no thats a joke really, but i found out by uploading 4 v0.202 fileshares to a public server, waiting 3 hours for the install, then been told you cant because its .002 over the limit!  laugh

Maybe you should be told about the limit when attempting to install, instead of when the install is complete?

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 02:45:46 PM »

Thanks for the replies. Gotta admit, i REALLY dont like that v0.2 limit :P, no thats a joke really, but i found out by uploading 4 v0.202 fileshares to a public server, waiting 3 hours for the install, then been told you cant because its .002 over the limit!  laugh

Maybe you should be told about the limit when attempting to install, instead of when the install is complete?

Ok just to clarify.
You uploaded a .202 virus to a public server which you know has a .2 cap and then you wonder why it would not install?

You realize you just found a very exploitable bug.  You can seriously tie up the BW on a Public server.  15 activations (or less depending on total BW) without ever completing them  If they time out the file is still  there so you just start it again.  Then BAM no other BW using Virii can be installed and Spyware is useless since the virii are not activated.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 07:36:58 PM »

Welcome to bugs Virus Man...
How do you this various groups claim a server. They tie up the BW with just enough BW to upload their software and protection. Then they kill the Installations.

Ebolla>   Ebolla: No problem. Replied
   <JGreenThumb>   Ebolla: You Ebolla:'ed :P
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 04:23:35 AM »

Ok just to clarify.
You uploaded a .202 virus to a public server which you know has a .2 cap and then you wonder why it would not install?

You realize you just found a very exploitable bug.  You can seriously tie up the BW on a Public server.  15 activations (or less depending on total BW) without ever completing them  If they time out the file is still  there so you just start it again.  Then BAM no other BW using Virii can be installed and Spyware is useless since the virii are not activated.

Ok, no i didnt know about the .2 cap at the time, until the install was complete (sorry for not explaining properly), which is what i meant by giving players the message when clicking 'install' instead of when the install is complete.

Yup, i have used that many times on the secret servers when uploading my virii, mainly so that no-one else can try and beat me to it :P

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: