The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 18, 2024, 07:32:42 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fake Omnicron Server? Who is it?  (Read 3334 times)
Witcher

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2008, 06:12:08 AM »

Ok I stumbled across something interesting today -

It's a server which pretends to be a secret Omnicron server, but in fact it's a player server (there is no bulletin board and the server shows up as "private" not "secret"). Basically someone edited their server details (name and description) to make it look like a secret Omnicron server.

My question is this - is there a way to know who is behind the server? If I hack into it will it tell me or will I just have to try to infer what is going on from the logs I find? 21

Thanks.

coffee1
ivandrago
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 07:26:41 AM »

It is up to yourself to reveal the true identity behind this server. Maybe you will find clues in the logs but it is not certain at all that you'll ever be able to find out which player own this server.
Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 11:15:45 AM »

confused2 Aha... well this promises to be challenging to say the least. Probably will leave this for now and if it turns out to be a problem I'll try looking into this with a bit more detail.

Thanks for the reply Ivan Drago!   19

coffee1
ivandrago
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 01:57:31 PM »

your welcome ... fellow einzelgänger  19
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 02:50:02 PM »

Any gold member can call their server anything and, when you add IP change in the mix, there's no way to keep track of people, even those you've hacked. In fact, I'm going to add a suggestion about this. Thanks for reminding me 1
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: