The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 01:12:34 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Question on Spyware  (Read 5348 times)
Serin

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2008, 09:05:54 PM »

Hi, all,

Here is a noob question on spyware. Suppose I install a virii onto a mega-corp server to gather HPD and there is a spyware of higher version running on the server. Will it intercept all my profit and log my IP? The game guide says the spyware is installed on gateway, but what's the use to log gateway IP if it's already installed there?

ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 09:44:13 PM »

Yes, the spyware will steal your profits, and log your IP.

To solve this, either get a Spyware AV (Which works on Sniffer Deamons too) or a Virus Breaker (and just take the spyware).

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
Serin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 09:58:46 PM »

Thanks for the reply, Zac.

And that brings out my second question: What's the use of installing virii onto other servers at all, described in newbie guides? Newbie like me have low version files and chance of someone already having higher version of spywares installed on the servers is so big. So my collecting HPD from virii from anywhere is always doomed to profit interception and IP exposure no?
Player

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 10:56:06 PM »

I suggest buying some script kiddie IPs and install virus on the inactive ones you find. Should be pretty safe as the demand for newbie servers is pretty low.

Doomsday is Coming! Run for It!
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 12:08:47 AM »

also, there are people like me who like to kill spyware, whenever I find it on the public servers, I kill it and try to track who puts it there and try my best to make sure they do not use spyware anymore. it is too much of an annoyance...

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 10:43:55 AM »

What is even worse is when you've had your high-level virii on a secret server for months and then you collect one day to find it nabbed by a 1.1+ spyware.

So who is staking the claim to the 'ID matahari v1.1' spyware thats been cropping up lately then?

zand lizzar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 11:54:01 AM »

Yea, the Matahari is extremely annoying its on 4 of my secret farms now and at least 6 other TNW farms as well. Whoever it is has one hell of a system and bypass as well, they cracked my system like it was butter to stop a cap on it.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 12:10:26 PM »

I can get his Spyware V1.1 disinfected but since he also has a V3+ spyware (meaning he's probably in the top) I dont wanna start messing with the guy on my own..
Magna Carta

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 05:29:12 PM »

Indeed, those spywares are quite a nuisance. You can thank Ivan Drago when you see them.  17

Good luck finding him. He slipped up once, so now he's changing IP quite often.  shifty

'I see no problems between us that could not be solved by your departure.' (Mark Twain)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 05:48:12 PM »

I know I kill all Spyware and Sniffers when I see them.   But then again I don't think any other group has a anti spyware high enough.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: