The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 16, 2024, 05:00:33 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hello from Matt Farrell  (Read 4475 times)
Matt Farrell

Command center? It's a basement!

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2008, 10:18:24 AM »

Hi, everyone.  17 I'm new to the game and really enjoying myself so far. Hopefully, I can get better soon and do something more interesting than deleting files. (Just gotta figure out all these different types of virii. They sound more fun.)

In real life, I'm a 23-year-old part-time college student. I was actually intending to study computer programming for a while but switched to accounting because I found I'm pretty good at that and even enjoy it. In game, I am Matt Farrell, the white hacker who helped save the day in the movie Live Free or Die Hard. (I just saw the movie and couldn't resist trying the hacker persona in this game, which I had seen ads for around the net.) So give me a shout-out if you know who Matthew Farrell is or if you happen to be a Justin Long fan.  7

F4RR3LL
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 01:32:19 PM »

Hi Matt. You mean the movie Diehard, right? Its only named Live Free or Die Hard within northen america.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Matt Farrell

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 01:36:14 PM »

Yeah, it's Die Hard 4. I'm from the USA, so I use the American name.  16 I've actually never seen the first 3 movies, but I'd like to someday... when I'm not busy with work, homework, and all these online games I keep getting addicted to.

F4RR3LL
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 01:43:10 PM »

I can tell you that the first movie is best. The other is only lesser and lesser compared to the first one. But thats my opinion.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Matt Farrell

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 01:59:35 PM »

I'm sure you're right. The first in a series is always the best in my experience.

F4RR3LL
Matt Farrell

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 09:01:05 PM »

Not cool. I uploaded my first virus, but when I came home from work today and went to collect my money, I found out that the connection had already been lost. Apparently it got deleted before I could even make a dollar on it. I have to wait while it uploads again now...

F4RR3LL
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 09:12:21 PM »

Yeah, most virii uploaded to non-private servers generate a disinfect mission. 4/5 I think? Anyway, upshot of this is unless you're uploading some pretty high-level virii, people will disinfect them pretty fast. Actually, even high level ones get disinfects STARTED on them fast, but since it's around 3 days to disinfect a v.3 file share, you can at least grab the income off them first.
Matt Farrell

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 09:20:16 PM »

Too bad I can't afford a v.3 file share, then. Right now, I'm just using a basic virus to test out how this whole virus thing works. I would like to upload to a private server instead of a public one, but I hesitate to do so. How do you find an inactive server? Will purchasing a target IP in the software menu do that for me? I haven't tried that. See, for one thing, I'm not a mean guy, and I don't (usually) like to benefit at someone else's expense. So I'd rather not install virii on active players' servers. For another thing, I don't want to intrude on anyone's farm if they're going to get all territorial on me.  16
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 09:33:17 PM by Matt Farrell » Logged

F4RR3LL
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: