The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 01, 2024, 08:15:23 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Just a FYI  (Read 5352 times)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« on: September 27, 2008, 02:06:22 PM »

I am grabbing a copy of Revelations from a server it spawned on to do some testing.  It will not be installed except to test the FAITH AV on it to get an idea of disinfect times etc.  It will be installed on a server with just enough stats to run it and nothing else.  Once I get the server setup and the file installing I will reply on the SGP Forums which are available for all.

A few other things.

I have no problem setting up Forum space for groups.  The way I set it up makes it so that I can not see that section myself unless I add myself to the group which allows you to check if I can see it or not.

The specific information dealing with Revelations will be posted in the FU section of the forums which requires you to register, PM me there for access, and me putting you into that group.  It is where all discussions will happen at least on SGP's part with regards to the Faith Union and any actions needed to take against those who wish to hurt FU's income and/or AP.

Ebolla

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 02:16:55 PM »

Im sure you take your time to prepare yourself with saving up some AP and a good Faith. I also hope you are aware of that you can only install it once.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 02:18:03 PM »

Well that will be part of the testing.  As will some other things.  for instance see if the defenses are really dropped once it is on a server or when it gets installed etc.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 02:21:09 PM »

Ok. I know you have allready told me that you will be careful but, please be careful.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 02:28:22 PM »

Not a problem.  I got a server setup just for it.  Going to toss some protects on it so it can be fully tested.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 03:03:44 PM »

Just updated some info on the SGP forums

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
zand lizzar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 04:50:05 PM »

Make sure you test install and disinfect times as well as if it reports the IP when its downloaded not just installed as promised. See if there is a time between being able to install copies after they have been AV'd.

And if you get a chance test the remote malware attack, im interested to see how that works.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 06:01:33 PM by zand lizzar » Logged
Exousia
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 05:38:52 PM »

I know it's necessary but it's still kinda creepy, like playing with smallpox. The more you understand your enemy, the better prepared you are to fight it.
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 06:22:14 PM »

btw, from you downloading it, it does not drop your defenses... I just checked for you.

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 12:34:37 AM »

Yeah all info is on the SGP forums for those who are in the Faith Union.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 02:27:07 AM »

yeah, after I tested and posted here, I went there and looked and saw that it was already tested...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: