The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 09:25:31 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hardware Questions  (Read 3663 times)
cortexjaq

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2008, 07:29:46 AM »

First Question on hardware.   If my processor gets upgraded will my cracking and deleting times decrease?  I would presume so, but I haven't seen it actually written anywhere.
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 09:13:05 AM »

No they won't.

This is to make sure the higher-end players do not have an advantage over lower-end ones in this respect. First come, first serve. Although i figured out ways around this, i'll leave that for you to discover.

HOwever, upgrading your memory/cpu means you can run more jobs at the same time, which allows more revenue/less jiggling about with programs.

Although at your level you won't need it yet (im guessing) be careful of memory usage.

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 12:37:38 PM »

Hardware affects how many and how powerful programs you can run.

In some special cases, you can overload a software to use more resources and make it work faster / better at a high resource expense, but that's special, most of the tasks depend on the target file size / version / etc.

cortexjaq

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 01:45:29 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.  From the little bit of time I've been playing I've learned a few things not covered in the guide.

I take it that bandwidth will act the same way, having more will let you download more, but not download a single file faster?
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 03:24:56 PM »

it will allow you to upload and download faster, but it also depends on where you are uploadingto/downloading from.

i'll leave this one to the admin and i'm slightly confused about this myself.

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: