The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 01, 2024, 11:31:49 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Just curious  (Read 7525 times)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« on: October 01, 2008, 12:54:56 PM »

But who has the server with 100,000 Bandwidth on it and the other stats to support filling it with file shares?

Roughly that server would have cost without gold approx 41,706,650 HPD to build.

Of course when it was found it had 30+ file shares installed on it then it did an IP change.  Talk about AP cost.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
HJ®
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 01:03:09 PM »

Well to be fair, I did log into it with 4 different servers and attempt to install 60 of the v1 file shares on it..That may be enough to scare you into an IP change if you're still fairly new to the game, but that doesn't compensate for 100,000 BW.
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 01:16:41 PM »

That seems like a [sarcasm]little[/sarcasm] waste of AP or someone exploiting a bug. I dont even wounder which it is.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
HJ®
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 01:23:52 PM »

I'm fairly certain it's a bug exploit.

For one: Only 25% of the BW was being used MAX.

Two: He changed IP upon seeing a hack, losing god knows how many v1 file shares.

Three: WHO the hell puts 100,000 BW on a server and doesnt put it to immediate use? That's ASKING for a hacking.

Four: It took nearly 24 hours for him to respond. I had enough time to upload and install a v15 Spyware with a 2mbit connection.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 01:49:17 PM »

That's ridiculous, theres no way someone would have the funds to make a farm that big and then not be filling it up along the way...

Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 02:03:15 PM »

If you got that fundings you dont mess it up with an IP change on 30 file shares going POOF. I wouldnt do it and Im far away from that kind of server.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 02:45:03 PM »

Did that server have any security?

HJ®
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 02:45:40 PM »

Nai. (no)
Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 03:40:05 PM »

bodyguard

Ok... while I wish that was my server (daily revenue - 2.8 million give or take) there is ONE explanation as to why it might not have been full...

If someone else had hacked into the server and the user of the server got spooked (these things happen) then most likely it might have been reformatted... (though if it is v 1 fileshares it would probably have been much easier to simply leave them running and capture the processes... not sure if putting spyware would work if there was no one collecting the virii, never really played with spyware)

In which case you'd have a very juicy, very empty server. Just thinking about it makes me...  w00t2

However... it DOES seem too good to be true. Tip - don't put all your eggs in one basket (nor in one virii farm for that matter!)

coffee1
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 03:42:09 PM »

it is usally faster to disinfect and start new virii than it is to capture, also, it would be way better to be using a bunch of v10's at that point...

Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 06:33:27 PM »

it is usally faster to disinfect and start new virii than it is to capture, also, it would be way better to be using a bunch of v10's at that point...

Hrm... assuming v1 fileshares ... (which are the files which were mentioned)

Takes 120 AP to capture a virus...

Takes 360 AP (give or take) to install one...

A 100,000 bandwidth server could hold 200 such virii...

1200 hours to re-infect (just to generate the AP - its the AP generation which is the limiting factor in this case)

Only 400 hours to capture them... (+ a wee bit of time to actually run the virii capture but I don't think it will be 800 hours :p)

so... much MUCH faster to capture especially as I didn't factor in the AP needed to disinfect - or if you prefer the time needed to format (Though formatting a 6.4 TB drive must also take some time)

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 06:36:08 PM by Witcher » Logged

coffee1
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 06:36:06 PM »

on--on---one-one-hundred THOUSAND!?! BW!?
Tiak

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 07:34:20 PM »

Ok... while I wish that was my server (daily revenue - 2.8 million give or take) there is ONE explanation as to why it might not have been full...

If someone else had hacked into the server and the user of the server got spooked (these things happen) then most likely it might have been reformatted... (though if it is v 1 fileshares it would probably have been much easier to simply leave them running and capture the processes... not sure if putting spyware would work if there was no one collecting the virii, never really played with spyware
With those stats, a format would take 133.333 days...  So that's rather unlikely.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 08:03:02 PM »

O_o wow, Is it even worth having such an uber server if you could be practically permanently taken down by a few viruses you can't disinfect?  2
Trael

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 08:18:22 PM »

Is having that much BW legal?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: