The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 10, 2024, 04:25:44 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Variation on the old name change suggestion  (Read 6710 times)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« on: March 10, 2009, 03:45:24 PM »

1>  Allow Name changes at the start of a new round only
2>  Do not display the usernumber anymore as that can allow tracking of those who change names.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 03:48:29 PM »

i dont like it

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 03:58:14 PM »

Why not?

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 04:09:51 PM »

because that is how most people hide themselves, and why would we have a round reset (rev) and not know what place we are in?

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 04:30:56 PM »

because that is how most people hide themselves, and why would we have a round reset (rev) and not know what place we are in?

Well since we don't have name change yet.......  And if the name change happens at the start of the new round everyone is in the same place as is.  All tied for 1st place.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 04:43:16 PM »

I feel that this suggestion has nothing to do with improving the game.

It makes me think of being able to do what you want this round, without having to deal with the consequences next round.

It makes me think of spies gathering info and people claiming to be someone they are not.

It doesn't make me think of a more exciting hacking game to be honest.

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 04:51:49 PM »

It makes me think of being able to do what you want this round, without having to deal with the consequences next round.

It makes me think of spies gathering info and people claiming to be someone they are not.

And yet everything you just said is what hackers tend to do as is.  It is very rare for a hacker to keep the same name especially when their identity has been compromised or the have committed such a righteous hack that the know it is a downward spiral from there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 05:15:03 PM »

And yet everything you just said is what hackers tend to do as is.  It is very rare for a hacker to keep the same name especially when their identity has been compromised or the have committed such a righteous hack that the know it is a downward spiral from there.

And that is why you have the possibility to rename your servers when you have a Gold account.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 05:16:58 PM »

And that is why you have the possibility to rename your servers when you have a Gold account.

Gold = Changing server name at will
Suggestion = Changing name ONLY at the start of a new round.

So they are two different things and options.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 05:18:02 PM »

"It is very rare for a hacker to keep the same name especially when their identity has been compromised or the have committed such a righteous hack that the know it is a downward spiral from there."

Wrong. You still know who Kevin Mitnick is. And anybody must accept consequences for their own actions if they are caught. Learn how to behave and you won't need to hide. Hack without leaving traces and nobody will hate you for your actions, but if you are careless - well, you'll learn.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 05:29:49 PM »

They don't change their real name.. If you really want to compare it. They change the name they work with, as you are able to change the name of the server you work with or even use a server with the sole purpose of hacking others.

You have so many tools at your disposal to keep yourself unknown to the public:

Log Deleter, Change IP, renaming files, hiding files,...

That's why I also keep an eye on more than just the softwares on a private server.

I'm not against this idea but I don't see how it would improve the game.
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 05:31:17 PM »

Idk, I think it's an okay idea but keep the account number and allow name changes seems good to me.

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 07:22:34 PM »

I am sory in my previous post, I did not quite understand what you meant. but why would you want a name change? to hide from VI's?

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 11:15:16 PM »

I am sory in my previous post, I did not quite understand what you meant. but why would you want a name change? to hide from VI's?

Well besides the fact that Titam already mentioned allowing it every 30 days as a possibility in the original thread which restricted it to gold members only, I just thought that it might be another way to show your group alliance.  For instance in R3 if I stayed SGP I would be able to change my name to <SGP>Ebolla or any number of options.  I mean seriously do you know how boring it is with the same name over and over and over again?  And by limiting it to JUST the start of a new round it allows everyone the chance for a fresh start meaning those new guys that had no clue and are not taken seriously have the chance for a whole new persona.

PS I know who attacked your server, it was not me but they did not authorize me to give there name.  But they are in the top 10 which should narrow the field a bit.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 06:34:52 AM »

"For instance in R3 if I stayed SGP I would be able to change my name to <SGP>Ebolla or any number of options."

Well, that is one of options, but if that is the only reason to change a name, then i suggest:
- when groups are implemented, you can either choose to show your allegiance to the group by automatically adding their name to yours or choose not to display it ... However that should be whole group choice and done automatically, name change has nothing to do with it 1
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: