The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 15, 2024, 01:51:28 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: SGP Announcement  (Read 40474 times)
Magna Carta

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2008, 12:41:02 AM »

Any chance you might post the IP's SGP claims?

'I see no problems between us that could not be solved by your departure.' (Mark Twain)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2008, 12:50:02 AM »

already done on the SGP forums.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Magna Carta

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2008, 01:03:24 AM »

What of us who prefer to limit the availability of our IP to the outside world? I can't agree with the conditions, so I won't register.

If you lay claim to something, make it known to those who are concerned. Otherwise, it's hardly a claim.

'I see no problems between us that could not be solved by your departure.' (Mark Twain)
Tiak

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2008, 05:25:56 AM »

What of us who prefer to limit the availability of our IP to the outside world? I can't agree with the conditions, so I won't register.
Then you have a few options:
1.  Use any of the thousands of free proxies out there, especially when browsing this forum, any other forum, or for that matter any page that allows dynamic content.
2.  Stop being paranoid.
3.  Don't read this post, or any on this forum.

2 is preferable, because frankly, nobody here wants your IP, at present they could get it if they did, and it wouldn't be nearly as useful as you seem to estimate.

Edit: Removed example of the above point.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 06:18:04 AM by Tiak » Logged
Magna Carta

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2008, 07:00:39 AM »

Since Ebolla seems to have picked me as a personal punching bag with nary an explanation, SGP has lost whatever high ground it might have had, at least in my book.   21

Since at least one of your members doesn't respect your own rules, how can you expect other players to do so?  confused2

EDIT: I have no illusion about my standing any chance against SGP, neither have I nor do I want to. I just feel you're trying to make people jump through hoops and submit to your will. Threats are no substitute for legitimacy, might does not make right, and if you tell me the jump, I'll just turn around and walk away.  17
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 07:05:23 AM by Magna Carta » Logged

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »

Since Ebolla seems to have picked me as a personal punching bag with nary an explanation, SGP has lost whatever high ground it might have had, at least in my book.   21

Since at least one of your members doesn't respect your own rules, how can you expect other players to do so?  confused2

EDIT: I have no illusion about my standing any chance against SGP, neither have I nor do I want to. I just feel you're trying to make people jump through hoops and submit to your will. Threats are no substitute for legitimacy, might does not make right, and if you tell me the jump, I'll just turn around and walk away.  17

You were disinfecting our virii on servers we claimed and installing your own.  You did this knowingly.  All I did was install your own virii on your server and hide your AV's.  If anyone else did anything more that is up to them.

However I would like to point out this which is made available for anyone who registers to read.

We are not trying to make anyone submit to our will but we will jealously protect our territory.  If you think this was to severe see what happens when you intrude on our territory again.

Please do not try to make yourself look like an innocent victim.  You made the first attack against us.  We retaliated.  End of Discussion.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2008, 05:08:30 PM »

Hey, Ebolla, quick question. Is that spyware I've seen around called "This is an SGP server" a legitimate SGP thing, or just someone trying to scare off competitors? Cause if it's the real deal, it's actually a kinda clever 2-in-1 package. It protects your servers from other people installing adware, and warns off casual intruders.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2008, 05:45:42 PM »

Hey, Ebolla, quick question. Is that spyware I've seen around called "This is an SGP server" a legitimate SGP thing, or just someone trying to scare off competitors? Cause if it's the real deal, it's actually a kinda clever 2-in-1 package. It protects your servers from other people installing adware, and warns off casual intruders.

Yes it is mine.   I will have a 1.0 out in a few days time.  Problem is that it is so CPU heavy that at 1.0 it will take up 3GHz so not sure how useful it will be.

I am also going to be seeding all servers with an IP sniffer far above what can be cloaked against.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2008, 05:48:56 PM »

By all means correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the IP sniffer would only give you the server they bounced in from? That doesn't seem crazy useful. That goes double if they're changing IP's after starting something.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2008, 05:57:40 PM »

By all means correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the IP sniffer would only give you the server they bounced in from? That doesn't seem crazy useful. That goes double if they're changing IP's after starting something.

It shows both coming in and going out.  IT is another way to gather IP's instead of sifting through the logs.

I could just use it and then CTRL-F the IP I am looking for to get the time stamp and everything making log deletion useless ;)

Once I have the Time stamp I can quickly track them down.  Only time I run into a snag is with cracking.  Plus with the Sniffer installed I can rapidly change the Passwords effectively keeping the servers in lock down mode if I so wanted.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2008, 05:58:15 PM »

I hear you're being tough on EoD virus man. What're you using to determine who's an EoD member or not? The whole 'free distribution' thing makes it hard to tell based on software alone.

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
Magna Carta

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2008, 06:53:30 PM »

You were disinfecting our virii on servers we claimed and installing your own.  You did this knowingly.  All I did was install your own virii on your server and hide your AV's.  If anyone else did anything more that is up to them.

However I would like to point out this which is made available for anyone who registers to read.

We are not trying to make anyone submit to our will but we will jealously protect our territory.  If you think this was to severe see what happens when you intrude on our territory again.

Please do not try to make yourself look like an innocent victim.  You made the first attack against us.  We retaliated.  End of Discussion.

atention Alright, a few points I have to make here. First, if I was disinfecting one of your virii, it was only for a mission (and I just explained to you why in a PM). Up until now, my contacts with SGP had been cordial.

Second, I might have installed my virii on one of your claimed servers, unknowingly, (what do you need to make people register on your own forum to have access to the list? It seems you'd save both you and everyone else a lot of trouble and grief by making it more accessible), but I only install my virii on empty servers (or nearly so; no logs means no activity in my book). But what you're accusing me of, that is, disinfecting and replacing your virii with my own, I have never done, and have no plan to ever do.

So, to recapitulate, you'll never find me disinfecting and installing virii on the same server, yours or anyone else's. Disinfecting, only for missions (as little damage as possible), and I leave the BW open for the owner to reinstall until no mission reappears to clear the virii. I see it as a matter of respect. Same reason I loathe virus breakers. Call it an attack if you will, but it wasn't directed at you. I'm looking out for number one.

If you found my virii on one of 'your' servers, it's only because that server was empty when I got there. Disinfect them, tell me to back off, sure enough, I will. I can't, nor do I want to, fight against SGP.

I'm not an innocent victim, that much I'll agree with. But I'll refer you to the first post in this thread.

If anyone treads on our claimed servers then the punishment will be as follows.
First Offense
All processes dealing with our servers are killed
Note left in your logs as to why.

Second Offense
All processes period will be killed.  Leaving defenses will be up to the members decision.
Note left in your logs as to why.

Third or more Offenses
All processes killed.  All files deleted, encrypted, or hidden.  IP sought out after each IP Change to continue the punishment.
Note left in your logs as to why.   To end this punishment will require 2 things.  You swearing to no longer tread on our territory and a member vote.  If 5 members vote to end the punishment then you will be notified by a Log entry that it has ended.

I'll ask you this. Did you try to leave a note? I never saw one.

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2008, 07:25:37 PM »

Moen Co.,
Who said we are hitting EoD hard or even mildly?   Sure we come across people with EoD software on their servers but they don't even have the guts to announce themselves here.  I do know that some people with EoD software on their servers have tried to pass themselves off as SGP.  Now those, yes we don't take kindly to people claiming to be SGP when they are not, so we obliterate them.

Magna Carta,
It is clearly posted on the SGP forums that until such time as Sir Emi fixes highly abusable "features", aka exploits, that we are treating all as enemy.  Now it is possible that the note was forgotten to be put in there but still fact of the matter remains.  You are the enemy in game.  Now with regard to the disinfect and infection of one of our servers.  Sorry but you are not telling the truth.  You disinfected my file share AFTER your upload of your file share was complete and started installing yours.  That is a hostile action against us.  And since you want to try to make yourself out as the good guy.  I will do it for you right now.  Magna Carta you are now on SGP's hit list.  Anytime your server is found all files will be deleted, virii installed, and whatever else we decide at the time to do.  You will receive this not because you brought up the matter of your initial actions towards us but because you want to lie about your actions.  Honor is the only thing that can not be taken from someone.  You have just lost your honor due to your lies.  That 300 BW will make for some nice HPD creation.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Magna Carta

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2008, 08:08:54 PM »

Magna Carta,
It is clearly posted on the SGP forums that until such time as Sir Emi fixes highly abusable "features", aka exploits, that we are treating all as enemy.  Now it is possible that the note was forgotten to be put in there but still fact of the matter remains.  You are the enemy in game.  Now with regard to the disinfect and infection of one of our servers.  Sorry but you are not telling the truth.  You disinfected my file share AFTER your upload of your file share was complete and started installing yours.  That is a hostile action against us.  And since you want to try to make yourself out as the good guy.  I will do it for you right now.  Magna Carta you are now on SGP's hit list.  Anytime your server is found all files will be deleted, virii installed, and whatever else we decide at the time to do.  You will receive this not because you brought up the matter of your initial actions towards us but because you want to lie about your actions.  Honor is the only thing that can not be taken from someone.  You have just lost your honor due to your lies.  That 300 BW will make for some nice HPD creation.

If you can send me the IP where I did this, please do (the date might help, just in case), because, I have no recollection of ever doing something like this.

Actually, if you found a 300 BW server with my name on it, please hit it and put it on the SGP hit list. I'd also appreciate if you could forward me its IP, if and/or when you have it, because it's not mine, and I'd like a go at someone who's impersonating me.

Do not question my honour, integrity or principles. Ever.

EDIT: I should add, if you found a server with my name on it between about July 14th (maybe the 15th) and today, it couldn't have been me. I had changed my gateway's name, and only changed it back today.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 08:12:48 PM by Magna Carta » Logged

RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2008, 09:02:32 PM »

I am also going to be seeding all servers with an IP sniffer far above what can be cloaked against.

I don't like your idea. That is clearly monopolizing the game and maybe one of the reasons why your so called "God Mode" IP switch is not yet removed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to: