The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 29, 2024, 02:28:25 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: power research update  (Read 43996 times)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2008, 11:22:12 AM »

You know what is the most funny thing about this update to me.  It did not address the part of Research that is abused.  The most important part in fact especially if you want a low BW research server ;)

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
setech

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2008, 02:49:46 PM »

What a surprise, everyone is biatching around again, like always. Hmm.. Just to break the monotony, this update seems reasonable to me. It brings the game in a more exponential development mode, which slows things down and creates some stability. I see a similar approach in another mmog I'm playing, and it really is working fine.

The people complaining, that SGP is not reachable anymore are strange. Can't follow the logic, because now the top research is slowing and it is actually easier to follow. Also there is no restriction on actually buying the max. version of the current top software versions.

Think it is much easier to follow the lead now and development gets  a more reasonable pace.

Also this might encourage a server reset, which would even out the cards with the new roles. But I doubt it will happen anytime soon with you folks, who actually see the accomplishments in this game as work. It's a game dammit, get your self some medical help if you cannot get that in your heads.

just my 2ct

ps. lol, a word filter..

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
drakna

View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2008, 06:29:26 PM »

this isnt going to inspire a server reset unhless the sgn players want one to happen. as i understand it resets can be countered easily enough if your higher up the ladder then the one setting it up. which sgn is. in the meantime people who JUST started out get nuts on cause we aint never gonna get anywhere before getting  to bored to play anymore. this game was already pretty slow paced even after i started my first farm server admittedly extremly small so my income isnt high yet but it was already so slow i would check in just once a day.

ooops i meant SGP my bad but the i figure you probably knew that
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 06:47:53 PM by drakna » Logged
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2008, 06:44:37 PM »

this isnt going to inspire a server reset unhless the sgn players want one to happen. as i understand it resets can be countered easily enough if your higher up the ladder then the one setting it up. which sgn is. in the meantime people who JUST started out get nuts on cause we aint never gonna get anywhere before getting  to bored to play anymore. this game was already pretty slow paced even after i started my first farm server admittedly extremly small so my income isnt high yet but it was already so slow i would check in just once a day.

Who is SGN?

And yeah this update isn't all that great.  It was Emi's way of avoiding the issue instead of correcting it one of the many ways previously suggested.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2008, 06:46:14 PM »

What a surprise, everyone is biatching around again, like always. Hmm.. Just to break the monotony, this update seems reasonable to me. It brings the game in a more exponential development mode, which slows things down and creates some stability. I see a similar approach in another mmog I'm playing, and it really is working fine.

The people complaining, that SGP is not reachable anymore are strange. Can't follow the logic, because now the top research is slowing and it is actually easier to follow. Also there is no restriction on actually buying the max. version of the current top software versions.

Think it is much easier to follow the lead now and development gets  a more reasonable pace.

Also this might encourage a server reset, which would even out the cards with the new roles. But I doubt it will happen anytime soon with you folks, who actually see the accomplishments in this game as work. It's a game dammit, get your self some medical help if you cannot get that in your heads.

just my 2ct

ps. lol, a word filter..

I don't think it is the update they are made at but the fact that he added it in the middle of a round.... 21

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2008, 07:36:18 PM »

I don't think it is the update they are made at but the fact that he added it in the middle of a round.... 21

No it is just that it was a poorly thought out, planned, and implemented update.   There were several suggestions that would have been a LOT more player friendly than this update was.  Not only that but as I stated previously it did not resolve the actual abuse of power research.  Then of course there are the bugs that have been reported since this went live and have not been fixed etc. etc. etc.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2008, 08:50:54 PM »

oh, sorry.....

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to: