The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 06:12:41 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: bloody rediculus  (Read 16592 times)
HJ®
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 05:17:43 PM »

Sooo then, you claim to have stolen SGP Software, HMMMMM!?!

:P Just kidding.

Although I am dealing with whoever's cracked the SGP Repository, and I must say, it will be fun to hide, encrypt and then delete every one of your files, with the help of 15 other players.
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 05:20:24 PM »

Heh. He teamed with me before SGP even existed, I think. Back in the heady days where I actually refreshed my log page every 10 seconds or so, to try and get an IP before it was altered. . . Good times, good times.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 06:22:09 PM »

!!!???
Delete, hide, and encrypt!?
Treason! High Treason!
drakna

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 06:24:34 PM »

yeah 100 5 hpd missions i'll get right on that right after hell freezes over. as forcraking other peoples server i am a newbie still in newbie protection not like i have mega softwre to break peoples firewalls and stuff

Aww, poor you. You want it all without doing the work. I just lost any respect I had for you. EVERYONE was there at one point. Those of us with MEGA software WORKED FOR IT. Stop crying and do something about it.

it aint that i dont like working for a reward i dont like TEDIOUS work. since iu can only do one mission at a time doing such small missions gets tedious
HJ®
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 06:27:22 PM »

So you do enough missions until you can do a CPU upgrade.

Or simply run with no defenses. The game is so broken at this point it won't matter, anyone can hack you anyways. that will allow you tons of room for missions.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 06:28:23 PM »

I do prefer virii, install a bunch onto publics, then hide as best you can!  1
Exousia
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 06:31:30 PM »

There is more than one way to make a buck and the "kill" button is there in the process list for a reason. Dynamically shifting running software in and out allows more tasks to be completed. Once you've altered logs, you don't need the deleter running, for instance. Once you've cracked a server, you don't need the bypass & breaker.
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 07:02:41 PM »

I do not see any problem with the way missions are right now, I just started a new account to see how it is being a new player, and man, you get so many public servers and even 4 secret servers to start with, that is pretty nice... anyways, I started off by cracking all of the public ones, and than started doing missions, I did not even bother log deleting and was able to do the 1k+ delete missions no problem. I do not see what you are complaining about.

also, if you notice at the top of the hour, the servers add new missions, so that is the time to pick the mish up and do it. if you are the first to see it as soon as it spawns, chances are, you are going to be pretty close to first to complete it....

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2008, 07:04:45 PM »

1k missions?!
Wow.  laugh
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2008, 07:11:00 PM »

Well, there's the problem right there; of course he can't get good missions of older players are snapping them up with newbie accounts!

Kidding ;)
Exousia
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 07:15:42 PM »

There are some pretty big payout missions out there right now as I think a lot of the low-end ones are being completed en masse.

When I started out, I first went down the line of public servers and cracked all of them then went down the line and accepted every mission under 20 HPD and then went down the line again completing as many deletes as possible without any programs running (that's 5 at a time). Whenever I was online doing class work or whatever, I'd start by repeating step two and get a new set of missions and just go down the line while I was working on other things and earn HPD that way. Even if someone beats you to it, you still got several deletes running and then you spend the HPD on CPU upgrades up to 1100 or whatever is just below the noob protection limit so you can do more and earn at least enough to have an IP change ready for you when you push past the protection mark and are ready to do more things like vrii installs. By then you have the hardware to run your protection and deleter and the chance to download bigger protects. Whatever the current problems with noob protection, they do allow you to basically run around unprotected through the global network for quite a while.

Perhaps if there's not enough low-level missions, we need a balancing algorithm which alters the quantity of spawned missions based on the "power level" demographics of the player base. If there already is one, then maybe it needs to be altered. Even if the vets are running one or more noob secondary accounts, that should theoretically increase the number of available low-level missions.
drakna

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 08:20:59 PM »

Or simply run with no defenses. The game is so broken at this point it won't matter, anyone can hack you anyways. that will allow you tons of room for missions.

trhe reason i can only dso one at a time is because i can only keep one connection open at a time hence i can only do one mission or well missions on that one IP
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 08:41:25 PM »

that is why you get missions from a bunch of servers at once and than just find the one with the most missions against it....
btw, I remember back when I first started and you only got the 5 repositorys, and trying to take on a 500 hpd mish was suecide unless you had really good protections...

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 08:50:14 PM »

Wow, that must've been insane.
Exousia
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 08:57:01 PM »

trhe reason i can only dso one at a time is because i can only keep one connection open at a time hence i can only do one mission or well missions on that one IP

Only one connection is necessary. The reason I went down the list connecting to each public server and taking all available missions less than 20 HPD is because I wanted to have many missions on a single server. This process accomplishes this. Some are lost during this process as they are completed, but you still end up with 100+ total missions with about 5-10 on each of the public servers. You then go down the list again, connecting to each, and complete as many at once as possible. Without any other programs running, you can, with a starter server, run five deletes at once. Yes, you may lose one or two as they are completed by others, but this bulk process makes the whole thing a bit less tedious in some ways and increases your chances at earning income early on.

Later, after you've upgraded a bit, the process is the same only with protects running. Deletes only require 100 Mhz CPU, which is two upgrades costing 300 HPD (240 HPD if you have a gold account). So you can do a bunch of delete missions simultaneously.

Also, when you bounce from server to server you can do them across multiple servers at the same time without disconnecting, just bounce to one, start deletes, bounce to the next, start deletes, bounce back to the first, finish deletes, bounce to the second, finish deletes. Bouncing also increases security and is something you should get used to while you're still under protection. With a gold account, you can do this much more and make multiple bounce loops. It gives you more to do so it's not quite so tedious.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: