The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 01:50:52 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: bloody rediculus  (Read 16593 times)
drakna

View Profile Email
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:26:27 AM »

who ever came up with the idea of not removing a mission from being able to be accepted by others must have been taking roofers that day or something. i cant find a mission i can do cause every mission i take has some other wanker doing it with a 6 hours lead. well for the big ones for the other not so big  ones they already got someone almost done thom i aint going to waste 5 hours just to find out someone else completed it.

it's bloody insane yhow is a newnbie supposed to make any decent cash when every mission worth any good hpd has been taken
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 11:45:54 AM »

Use your brains?

Press Ctrl+F (search function) and copy paste in the box the code of the file needed to delete. If you cant find it in the running software, it means nobody is deleting it. Then go to programs, press enter in the search function box and bla bla bla..
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 11:51:06 AM »

Look missions are dog eat dog....Doesn't matter how many people are doing it or how long ahead they are....it's the first to hit Complete Task that get's the prize....can it be a pain sometimes to miss out YES...but I've completed a ton of missions with peope who started them ahead of me just because I hit Complete Task first....It's your mission should you decide to accept it.
drakna

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 11:58:39 AM »

yes i am using ctrl+f to see if the missions taken and there is no other way for a newbie to make money except missions hence the thinking they should be less dog eat fdohg and more first come first serve. as in i dont see hte missions in play that have been taken by others.

i've already been doing the dog eat dog thing for a few days now and i have already figured out if someone ha a 2 hour lead on a 6 hour mission you probably not goint to get it. and if someone has a 6 hour lead on a much bigger mission your chances are even smaller. but i cant find a mission of decent payout where there isnt someone with a massive lead on the mission
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 12:08:40 PM »

That's how it goes, you're stuck doing the 15-30 HPD missions when you firs tstart out until you can start breaking into competitors servers. Save the big missions for when you go offline for a long period of time. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.  Everyone starts there, so don't feel discouraged that you're not getting the big missions.

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
HJ®
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 02:23:24 PM »

Also remember that mission payment is linear;

If you do 100 x 5 HPD missions, you'll make the same amount in the same amount of time as you would if you did 1 x 500 HPD mission, 1 mission at a time (minus the time it takes to find new missions if doing the former option)
termul

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 02:27:27 PM »

Just hack the people that are ahead of you and kill their running process.
Then you are ahead and you will be vulnerable to attacks ;)
drakna

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 02:54:01 PM »

yeah 100 5 hpd missions i'll get right on that right after hell freezes over. as forcraking other peoples server i am a newbie still in newbie protection not like i have mega softwre to break peoples firewalls and stuff
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 02:57:58 PM »

Well, you're not going to get it by hanging around here whining. Go do low competition missions until you've got the hardware/software to be competitive at the other ones.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 03:04:42 PM »

I know it's tough, I had the same outlook.  You just have to go through and accept a ton of missions, then try and do all the ones you want at the same time.  I never did any mission with a payout below 100 HPD because I thought it was a waste of time when I was a new player.  Even if they have a couple of hours head start try the mission anyway, they might not log on at the right time to finish the mission.  I lost many missions that I started uncontested like that.

HJ®
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 03:22:37 PM »

yeah 100 5 hpd missions i'll get right on that right after hell freezes over. as forcraking other peoples server i am a newbie still in newbie protection not like i have mega softwre to break peoples firewalls and stuff

Aww, poor you. You want it all without doing the work. I just lost any respect I had for you. EVERYONE was there at one point. Those of us with MEGA software WORKED FOR IT. Stop crying and do something about it.
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 03:40:14 PM »

Those of us with MEGA software WORKED FOR IT.

Cept me, I mooched it off MotS way back in the beginning to get an early jump ;)

EDIT: FIX'D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 05:08:09 PM by Raistlin » Logged
HJ®
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »

Hmm? Actually I was only around for about 3 days to a week before MotS stopped playing.

I was invited to the new wave of SGP.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »

I just mooche off of  Repos and hacked servers, I also do trades! 1
Mostly because research is:  death
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 05:07:32 PM »

My bad; the last line wasn't supposed to be in the quote :P

I meant that I, Raistlin, got my early software of MotS, heh.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: