The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 06:31:48 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: End of Round question  (Read 16936 times)
Rogue

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 12:23:44 PM »

So, what you are saying is, even though the Revelation day states "You will not lose your account status / user, only the resources are reset."
That our money goes as well?
Thek3mp
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 12:55:08 PM »

money and software disapears, yes
Rogue

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 01:02:35 PM »

wow, that sucks.
So, if I was to upgraded to gold (with REAL life frikken money) and it all goes bye bye?

yeah, i'm gonna wait until this whole reset happens.

Now I understand what all the bishin is about.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 01:40:39 PM »

It will be as if you just signed up.

You will still have your gold status, which gives you your gold FTP, 5000 AP max, and your discounts on research and hardware (and hopefully a little extra HPD, but I'm not holding my breath)

Other than that, all of your current HPD and softwares will go bye-bye.

termul

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 04:06:26 PM »

Will this reset be completed instantly when the timer hits 0 ? Can we start from scratch immediately after D-day ?
Exousia
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2008, 04:14:12 PM »

Will this reset be completed instantly when the timer hits 0 ? Can we start from scratch immediately after D-day ?

I was just wondering that myself.  13 I believe it should be pretty instantaneous since we're not losing our accounts, just hardware, software, etc. Since we've never had a reset before, only Sir Emi knows for certain, though.
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2008, 05:37:46 PM »

Well my guess would be there would be a certain amount of downtime to clean everyone out to base stats as well as implement any updates that are to take place in round 2.
Exousia
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2008, 05:38:35 PM »

Of course, but it won't be down for a week or something to do that, an hour or two maybe, though.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2008, 06:50:09 PM »

Ok, here is how it works:

If you have Gold status, you can see in your account room, you still have the remaining Gold in the next rounds to come.
If you have 20 GB FTP or more, you have the same available space for the next rounds to come.

Exchange rate is reset to about 100 HPD for $1 for the new round. Vote bonus is also reset, 10 HPD for a vote.

Everything, software, backup software, HPD gets reset. Every IP gets reset. Every public IP gets reset.
You start with your gateway and two servers in your IP Db, one public, one secret each with version 0.1

Then we are free to start and improve the game with the new updates. If we don't reset everything, then the high end stuff that was created while in the beta round would carry on in the next round, and the reset would be pointless for the progress of the game.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 06:55:19 PM by siremi » Logged

Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2008, 06:58:01 PM »

Everything, software, backup software, HPD gets reset. Every IP gets reset. Every public IP gets reset.
You start with your gateway and two servers in your IP Db, one public, one secret each with version 0.1

Was this the same last round? cause I started off with all of the publics and 1 secret from every company.....

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Exousia
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2008, 07:05:13 PM »

Was this the same last round? cause I started off with all of the publics and 1 secret from every company.....

I started out with a lot more than that three months ago, so I'd say no, it's not the same.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2008, 07:05:33 PM »

There was no last round  laugh You are correct, you started with about 20 servers in the db, however I think only 2 servers, the TR #1 and a secret are ok to start and find everything from the missions in there.

This is also to put all you virtual hackers in one place and start some hack wars and some nice PvP  laugh

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2008, 07:28:39 PM »

$10 says I can have all 200 servers within...30 minutes.

You're on  laugh

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2008, 07:30:56 PM »

SirEmi, I think that all the old golds need the bonus at the start, so new golds can't cash in at the VERY beginning and have a huge advantage.
You should also lover the gold bonus, becasue it seems the value of the HPD will rise sharply next round.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2008, 08:23:16 PM »

He already said that it's going back to 100 HPD per dollar, but yes I think that we should start off with a little in the bank to compensate.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: