The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 18, 2024, 05:45:03 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Succubus pwnz0rs j00  (Read 13063 times)
Succubus

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2008, 03:47:03 PM »

Anyone that played SlaveHack when I did, up to about 18 months ago, will get a chuckle out of the title. Are there any there any former SHers here?

To everyone else, this is my second virtual hacking game. I played SH for less than a year, grew bored, then spent about a year playing mafia games, until other interests and obligations drew me away from gaming altogether. You may recognize my name, as I've generally been a rather nefarious competitor.  13  Hopefully, I don't grow bored so quickly here, as I usually do with games.

P.S.
There's no DDoSing here? I need me some violence.

Oh crappy crapperson, -ton, dot org.
Exousia
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 05:33:01 PM »

If you're looking for hot PvP action, you're in the wrong place.  laugh However, the malware virii are great for destroying hardware, even if we don't have DDoS attacks here. Later on, the remote bomb function of the Revelation virus can mete out some pwnage to the unsuspecting without having to upload any virii and praying that the nine hours it takes to do so is time your target spends sleeping. Just input the target and boom!

I just started playing around with SH a few weeks ago. I got the 5.0 softs in less than a week and have been languishing away in boredom for a month now. If I weren't in the beta for Hack Wars, I might not be playing any other hacking games right now. Those SH riddles were child's play. I expected magic squares or logic puzzles or something, not keys on the keyboard and algebra. I like the ability to design and compile your own software in HW but I hate having to piddle around leveling up to use the good functions.

Each one of the three is different. HP is a nice, long-term game for those not into much PvP. Now if we could just get rid of those pesky "rounds" and get a persistent version going....  5
Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 11:03:02 PM »

I read a post of a malware bomb, which appears to do the same thing as DDoSing in SlaveHack. I beg to differ about it having the capability of being PvP. Once you get some active clans, and some social engineering going, I think there's plenty of potential.

Yeah, it's too easy to get all the softs in SH. There are publicly posted NPC server lists with which softs are on what, and plenty of people that are all too happy to pass those around as well. And yeah, I can see how you think that the riddles were lame, but I think M2H was trying to make it easy enough for kids to play.

I find "rounds" appealing. It keeps things interesting. I got to the top 100 within two weeks of playing SH (albeit that I played a lot), and made it to the top 10 within just a couple more months. Last time I checked, I've been passed, and am ranked only 5th now. There are a couple of exploiters that passed me that M2H never banned. Anyhow, my point is that rounds recreates the challenge to get to the top, if they're resets.

It seems that there's been more thought put into this game. Nice.

Exousia
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 03:06:45 AM »

Good good. Maybe you'll teach some of us a trick or two about how PvP is done then. I went from HP to SH and avoided any social engineering by being far too paranoid to fall victim and far too independent to care to try it on others. I also tend to play very defensively and avoid PvP. It's just my style, or lack thereof, depending on how you look at it.  laugh

The major complaint, as I understand it is the amount of real time and AP involved in attacks. You'll have to read up on some of the suggestion posts to get a clear idea of what's was going on in the previous round, but I think you'll have no problem helping us work out some of the bugs.

Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 10:39:46 AM »

If you have any questions about SH, let me know. I'll be happy to give tips to get ahead more quickly. Maybe you can knock down the cheaters that passed me for me. I've got over $72mil saved there for a mega DDoS spree. That day may come sooner rather than later, since I'm playing games again, and it seems that this one is merely limping along, like SH.

Y'all need to realize though, the lack of updates or cruddy updates could be a LOT WORSE. M2H rolled out one major update in the past two years. Emi has more of a presence here than I ever saw on SH. Like I've read someone else say before, all of the griping is really unmotivating. I wouldn't want to work on a game where everyone was riding me all the time, and said it was already dead. That would encourage him to "cut his losses", and devote his time elsewhere. Just some food for thought.

Sorry for the off topics.

Exousia
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 02:33:20 PM »

Off topic maybe, but on topic with HP. I've pointed out the same thing and been scoffed at or simply ignored. The idea that Sir Emi is not doing his job seems to be a blind fervor insisted upon by those who want the game to go a certain way NOW. It's kind of funny in that it resembles a pack of toddlers throwing tantrums because their caretaker refuses to give them candy right this moment. It's hard not to get caught up in it, but if one remains calm and talks to Sir Emi rationally, he's quick to reply and to fix bugs. At least that's been my experience anyway, so I have a hard time condemning him and it gets harder with each PM or post I write which he replies to.

I'm really at a loss for what to do with SH next. I've got all the softs and I've got them backed up on a GS but I'm not part of any group or anything. It seems like once you solve all the riddles and collect all the software, there remains little to do other than infect servers and collect income ad infinitum.

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 03:37:11 PM »

Off topic maybe, but on topic with HP. I've pointed out the same thing and been scoffed at or simply ignored. The idea that Sir Emi is not doing his job seems to be a blind fervor insisted upon by those who want the game to go a certain way NOW. It's kind of funny in that it resembles a pack of toddlers throwing tantrums because their caretaker refuses to give them candy right this moment. It's hard not to get caught up in it, but if one remains calm and talks to Sir Emi rationally, he's quick to reply and to fix bugs. At least that's been my experience anyway, so I have a hard time condemning him and it gets harder with each PM or post I write which he replies to.

Seconded.  12

Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 09:00:03 PM »

I'm really at a loss for what to do with SH next. I've got all the softs and I've got them backed up on a GS but I'm not part of any group or anything. It seems like once you solve all the riddles and collect all the software, there remains little to do other than infect servers and collect income ad infinitum.

DDoS like mad. Heckle the people that you're DDoSing that are online, and make them believe that you're someone else. SE folks to get good IPs...Come to the dark side.

Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 06:37:29 PM »

I'm not flat out disagreeing, but usually, when we whine at Emi, it's not over changes we DEMAND happen right now, it's over changes he implemented against the will of the majority. I'm just sayin', your analogy is flawed.
Exousia
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 08:45:58 PM »

Eh, well... There are a lot of cases for which the analogy is quite apt, but you're right, it cannot be applied to every case. Sir Emi is not perfect, I'm not saying that at all.
Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 10:57:35 PM »

I'm not flat out disagreeing, but usually, when we whine at Emi, it's not over changes we DEMAND happen right now, it's over changes he implemented against the will of the majority. I'm just sayin', your analogy is flawed.

You seem to be forgetting that it's his game, his executive decisions. He doesn't have to do anything that we want him to do. He does what he thinks is right for the game or his customers. If he makes a mistake and runs the game into the ground, so be it. He's the owner of the game; this isn't a democracy.

Also, when traveling from point A to point D, points B and C could seem like a crappy idea, or misguided, because you don't know what the long-term plan is.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 04:58:20 PM by Succubus » Logged

Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 12:27:34 AM »

Also, when traveling from point A to point D, points B and C could seem like a crappy idea, or misguided, because you don't know what the long-term plan is.

That is true, but I don't think Emi knows what the long term plan is, either. He seems to be playing by ear.

Also, you accidentally quoted me and labeled it as Exousia, fix plz.
Exousia
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 12:39:11 AM »

Also, you accidentally quoted me and labeled it as Exousia, fix plz.

I hadn't noticed that. Still, there's little of what Raistlin says that I would mind being credited with.  19
Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 04:59:06 PM »

Fixed. Oops. That's what I get when I try to manually edit where it had quoted both of you. I'm such a ding dong.

HJ®
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 06:44:49 PM »

That's because you're a girl. Must be an ugly one too to be stuck on Hacker Project pwnz0ring everyone :D
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: