The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 26, 2024, 02:26:32 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Revolution  (Read 6234 times)
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 02, 2009, 03:27:41 PM »

As there were some new improvements to this game in round 2 and some new players, I am toying with the idea to start the Rev activation going. So far it's just an idea - probably dumb one, right?
But that's how we would give these new players a fighting chance and new 'improvements' would really show themself 1

So what I am wondering - is there anybody else who would be interested or would I just be attacked.
Cos if you would rather continue playing in round 2 - I have no problem with that too. Here is your chance to tell and if you say there should be no reset - well, then Rev will exists only for points it brings ...

lpJ.
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 05:35:10 PM »

Jager my friend, you do know that if you follow that through, you may aswell just hold a live grenade in your hand and pull the pin 1

Due to the numerous (welcome and un-welcome) updates since the last round, players are having to put a lot of hard work into Round 2, and imo, an offer of taking all that away from them is absolutely ridiculous.

At a later date it may become a necessity, if things go like they did last round, but until then, I really would scrap that idea if i were you.

scotto189

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 07:13:18 PM »

yeah and i havnt had a chance to spend money and catch up a little bit yet.
Deavas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 07:15:20 PM »

As a new player , I am not ready for a reset. I am still learning and imo have progressed to a respectable lvl for the time I have put in. I will say,  to gain any kind of usable HPD as a new player (without donating) is overwhelming. To put it into my own viewpoint .... When starting , there is a little glimmer of hope dangled in front of you , then after a few of the starter missions that glimmer is blown out. This is where I think alot of new players give up.  To reset now , would not help, but hurt the new players that have been grinding to improve. 
apophis775

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 09:56:40 PM »

Same.  i just started and I'm FINALLY able to be producing money (I make about 1k a day by doing all of the missions for 24-32 hpd).  If we restarted, i'd be put way back, because everyone would be fighting to do the low-levle missions us newbies are doing to survive.
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 05:47:08 PM »

Thank you for all your opinions and explanations on why. Although only a minority of all players posted their view, the majority of all posts are what helped me decide - I'll ducktape that pin to that grenade 1
All you new players have nothing to fear from my side - let's continue playing and finding all the information we are supposed to as 'information facilitators' 1

Now, where did I put that mission log ...
J.
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 06:23:05 PM »

You always name stuff werid..... 10

Why did you call the thread "Revolution"? it's supposed to be "Revelation" isn't it?  21

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 06:54:26 PM »

Revelation is the virus - the action (or the effect) would be revolution, i guess 1

lpJ.
Deavas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 10:48:28 PM »

I have to ask, do the veteran players want a restart?
Exousia
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 02:42:51 AM »

In general, the veteran players want the feature removed.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 04:56:00 AM »

I just want see a fair fight between Rev and Faith. At the moment that is impossible since you can research Rev to an "unstoppable" version.  You can also still easily buy Rev / Faith and that doesn't make the fight fair also..
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 05:18:25 PM »

I just want see a fair fight between Rev and Faith. At the moment that is impossible since you can research Rev to an "unstoppable" version.  You can also still easily buy Rev / Faith and that doesn't make the fight fair also..

I posted a solution to that....

And I agree, I'd rather Rev be the ultimate weapon and have no rounds.......

Revelation is the virus - the action (or the effect) would be revolution, i guess 1

lpJ.
No.... 21 I think the action would be a revelation... You know, from the verd "reveal" meaning: to uncover, or to make visible..... The virus would be called Revolt if the action was Revolution.... or maby the other way around...

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: