The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 24, 2024, 02:18:47 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: a few ideas...  (Read 4684 times)
death 2 all

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 17, 2009, 06:14:36 AM »

to make the IP DB's more organised, groups & sub-groups should be introduced, to allow users to tag which ip's are friends, and which are not, etc...

the ability to mask virii's with another file eg: mask a high lvl virii in a low lvl unneeded fw prt, and when the file is uploaded/downloaded, the virii is automatically installed, and the only way to get rid is to format the HDD; the virii cannot be seen in the task list, but does visibly sap resources.

trojan horse virii, rendering the server useless by formatting the HDD and burning everything out to reduce the server to square 1 again, without newbie protection. file would be roughly 1.5Gb, and the gateway that installed it uses the resources, not the target. this would obviously be simply out of spite, if the target did something to the server who innitiated it, or simply just to get feared ingame.

another virii, call it what you will, should be introduced whereby it takes 1 hr to install, and then wipes the IP DB of every ip but the g8way. this would obviously be risky, but it would force players to try to get friends ingame, to get them out of the situation.

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:54:08 AM »

to make the IP DB's more organised, groups & sub-groups should be introduced, to allow users to tag which ip's are friends, and which are not, etc...
^^ I agree 100% and tenfold. I seem to remember emi saying he was going to implement some kind of upgraded storage categories for the ip db, and also the software db (virii collection etc). Wonder what happened there...

the ability to mask virii's with another file eg: mask a high lvl virii in a low lvl unneeded fw prt, and when the file is uploaded/downloaded, the virii is automatically installed, and the only way to get rid is to format the HDD; the virii cannot be seen in the task list, but does visibly sap resources.

I assume you mean some kind of task-hiding software, rather like the file hider? I think that would be a rather good addition, albeit an abusable one, for instance, NOT being able to hide rev install process would be a good idea 1

trojan horse virii, rendering the server useless by formatting the HDD and burning everything out to reduce the server to square 1 again, without newbie protection. file would be roughly 1.5Gb, and the gateway that installed it uses the resources, not the target. this would obviously be simply out of spite, if the target did something to the server who innitiated it, or simply just to get feared ingame.

Hmm, i think that has more than been already covered with malware, if you use it right, it can be a powerful tool, especially as it takes a while to disinfect the large versions, the only drawback to them is the sheer size, and with it, the time taken to upload to a target.

another virii, call it what you will, should be introduced whereby it takes 1 hr to install, and then wipes the IP DB of every ip but the g8way. this would obviously be risky, but it would force players to try to get friends ingame, to get them out of the situation.
At the moment this would just be completely unecessary, as with all the secret servers seemingly running continuous IP changes, they get removed from your IP database regularly anyway. But a good idea nonetheless, imo.

death 2 all

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:59:55 AM »

also include the ability to have 'custom' files, which can be written whilst offline in a text editor and uploaded, or in a custom editor ingame, which essentially runs on the actual game server, and only produces an outcome on the virtual gateway it is on, or in the case of a virii, is run in a 'controlled' environment ie: an isolated folder with limited capabilities other than on the game itself. because this would mean constantly upgrading the server the game software is on, this feature would (if introduced) only be avalible to gold players. if the code for this is done correctly, then each custom file will only have to be run once, and then it can be run virtually from then on. the files can be downloaded from gateway to gateway, however cannot be purchased via the anonymous software dealer.

Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 12:12:54 PM »

I will talk with Exousia about the IP Db suggestion.

We'll try to come up with a good idea to make the Db easier to use and we'll then suggest it to Sir Emi.
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 12:33:31 PM »

I will talk with Exousia about the IP Db suggestion.

We'll try to come up with a good idea to make the Db easier to use and we'll then suggest it to Sir Emi.

making them sortable by ip would be a start
death 2 all

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 11:15:51 AM »

another idea:
folders system to organise files/programs into groups/subgroups, like my ip's suggestion.
zipped/compressed folders/files; whilst they are like this they cannot be run, but take up less HDD space.

Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 12:56:16 PM »

I like the compressed idea but don't see the use of it. Saving HDD? Doesn't cost that much though..

You could ofcourse upload a compressed Virus faster and decompress it on the other server and then install it.

Would be interesting, especially for Malwares.

Neutral at the moment.

I'm against your first idea because I don't see the point in making subgroups. IP Database OK but why with files?
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 04:52:29 PM »

yeah i like the database subgroups  and the copression idea
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 03:15:25 PM by bontrose » Logged

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: