The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 18, 2024, 11:19:08 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Groups and Alliances Features Request  (Read 14261 times)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« on: February 26, 2009, 08:24:30 AM »

This will be the only SGP supported thread on this matter.  The ideas are going to be from ALL of the players with the idea of making the game easier to manage for Groups.

This will actually be broken into 2 groups.  Alliances and Groups.
Groups:
There needs to be a group Fund.  You can put money INTO it but NOT take it out.  It is used to pay for group resources.
Adjustable Tax Rates.  This will affect both mission and virii income.
Group Servers.  Different scaling levels of servers all with a weekly rental rate.  This will take HPD out of the game while providing a MUCH requested feature. More on this later.
Group "Tags" IE [TNW] or [SGP] etc.  This will be added onto each members name.  This will make knowing who is who a little easier.  Could even provide an option to NOT show the tag.
Group based mail system and in-game forum system.  Most games with groups, clans, guilds, etc have these features.
Groups know each members IPs IF the member chooses to enable the option.  This way each member can keep their farms a secret but allow their other servers to be known for security reasons.  May even be able to toggle this for only certain levels within the group IE only Group Leader or Officers and above etc.

Group Servers:
Since these are special servers they will have certain "features".
1> They can be found by non-group members
2> The IPs can be bought for a cost based on the options choosen for the server.
3> Options or "Features"
 a> Rent different levels of protects Cost for rental could be similar to cost for buying the software from the Software Shop IE
Purchase
   Firewall Protect    Stolen Firewall Protect    11,548,998    92.3258    6.92 Gb
 b> Rent different levels of each server stat.  This is seperate from the "Protects" and you will be required to RENT the hardware to run the "Protects"
 c> Protects that are "rented" can NOT be downloaded from the server.
 d> Pay for x number of concurrent connections.  This will be tied to the BW of the server.  So for example lets say we have 10,000 Kb of BW on the server but only pay for 1 connection.  1 person at a time will be able to connect.  But if 2 connections are paid for then each connection will get the 10,000 Kb of BW.

Alliances:
Cost for a group belonging to an alliance
Faction restricted in advance of the corporation factions.
Alliance Owned server, should cost 1.5 - 3.0 times as much as a group server
Alliance tax rates
Alliance tags as an option
Alliance based intel resources.  Perhaps allow alliances to purchase IPs without the IP already in the IPDB option with an increased cost.
Alliance based AP pool.
Alliance based PvP.  Charge AP from the Alliance AP Pool and a daily HPD cost.  Alliance based PvP will allow combat with any other Alliance and give an increase in chances for intel gathering from various tools as the IP Shop, Virus Breaker, Virus Identifier, and perhaps specific Alliance software designed for just this feature.
Alliance based Mail System and Forums

All of these are designed to allow better co-ordination for PvP and to help bring PvP back to the game instead of how it currently is.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 03:07:25 AM »

Oh please yes.  This is one of my favorite things from other browser MMO's.

I definitely support taxes that go to a group fund.  Maybe have a treasurer and only high ranks in the group/alliance can take money out (which is really nice for trading a little bit of money, give it in to the alliance fund and have someone transfer it to the person you want to) could be an option unless you don't want any HPD trading going on at all.

Obviously group servers are a must have, I like the bw implementation here, effective and useful but not overpowered.

death 2 all

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 09:54:32 AM »

go 4 it; perhaps even an aliance FTP, working in much the same way as the gold FTP works, only accessible by the alliance/group and each member, dependant on their rank, gets an allocated amount of space, with the leader, 2IC etc having accessibility to the full space avalible.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 04:44:56 PM »

1.yeah but this should be as you cant trace down other group members on it
2.Plus it should have a shared ip database (each person adds any ips that they want)
3.you would only be able to join one alliance but you can join infinitively many groups
4.the section in the ip database foe the owned column it would show as "Group" or "Alliance"
5.a list of the best alliances
6. a tab that says "group" and one that says "alliance"

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
death 2 all

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 12:51:02 PM »

there should be a leaving cost, decided on by the group/alliance, with restrictions of between 1,000 and 50,000 HPD.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 12:27:28 PM »

more like it can be set between 0 hpd and 50000, just incase it is time to bail out and merge

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Eledran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 06:10:36 PM »

+1.

It looks great. But around groups, I think the groups admins have to give authorisation to their members when they want to join 2 of them at twice.

So, for example, I get into a group and I want to join another one at the same time - extremly weird thing, I do not do things like that -, BOTH groups admins would recive a warning around the player. The names of those groups would be not be shown but the tags and ONLY if that group has their tag showing allowed.

Them BOTH admins would have to allow that multi-group membership before it is allowed on both at the same time. but if any refuses that situation, the player will get a report saying him to leave the conlictive group or the new group (for him/her)
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 08:32:11 AM »

right so there are this group only groups and juat join us groups

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 08:00:38 PM »

go 4 it; perhaps even an aliance FTP, working in much the same way as the gold FTP works, only accessible by the alliance/group and each member, dependant on their rank, gets an allocated amount of space, with the leader, 2IC etc having accessibility to the full space avalible.

No.  The idea is NOT to give the groups/alliances safe data stores but to get more people working together and getting groups/alliances working against other groups/alliances.

1.yeah but this should be as you cant trace down other group members on it
2.Plus it should have a shared ip database (each person adds any ips that they want)
3.you would only be able to join one alliance but you can join infinitively many groups
4.the section in the ip database foe the owned column it would show as "Group" or "Alliance"
5.a list of the best alliances
6. a tab that says "group" and one that says "alliance"

1>  That can be configurable
2>  Shared IP DB is already on the todo list that has mysteriously disappeared.
3>  If you can join all the groups and the groups are part of alliances then you have just allowed a person a way to bypass the 1 alliance deal.  I prefer KISS.  So make it so that a player can only join 1 group.
4>  No need to add clutter that bears no enhancement
5>  Yes there could be Top Groups and Top Alliances.

there should be a leaving cost, decided on by the group/alliance, with restrictions of between 1,000 and 50,000 HPD.

Instead of a HPD cost why not just make it that any software classified as group/alliance is automatically removed when you leave the group/alliance?

+1.

It looks great. But around groups, I think the groups admins have to give authorisation to their members when they want to join 2 of them at twice.

So, for example, I get into a group and I want to join another one at the same time - extremly weird thing, I do not do things like that -, BOTH groups admins would recive a warning around the player. The names of those groups would be not be shown but the tags and ONLY if that group has their tag showing allowed.

Them BOTH admins would have to allow that multi-group membership before it is allowed on both at the same time. but if any refuses that situation, the player will get a report saying him to leave the conlictive group or the new group (for him/her)

The only real reason for joining 2 groups is to be a spy.  And honestly the best spies are the ones that have no group affiliation.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Exousia
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 08:45:23 PM »

I really don't think we need to implement multiple group affiliations. Honestly, it'll just muddy things up and create more code.
Eledran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 08:47:19 AM »

The only real reason for joining 2 groups is to be a spy.  And honestly the best spies are the ones that have no group affiliation.

I do agree. IMHO, if you try to be spy, you would not like to be leaving flags at your back saying: "I am a spy, and I work for the groups x, y and z"

If a thing like that becomes true, I will be on ROFLMAO mode.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »

lol good point

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 02:57:49 AM »

Something I noticed missing from my OP is having groups adhere to factions.

This could also allow the group leader and those assigned by such to purchase group abilities as the group gains rank.

Suggested way for this to work is as follows.
For each rep change by a member the group gets 1/10th of the change.  So if it was 1600 points then the group would earn 160.
Price for abilities would be 10 times greater.  This would be due to the abilities stacking with each member.

This would provide a ranking system for groups in addition to the items previously mentioned.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 06:06:41 PM »

honestly it should be a donate points and upgrade member A+B+D instead of a mash up cost

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
sukilove

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 07:58:21 AM »

Support the idea but There should be a limit on how many group can be joined in a alliance.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: