The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 11:41:52 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Purchase target IP  (Read 8698 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 10, 2009, 01:32:42 AM »

Purchase target IP will now sell public servers and secret servers in addition to the normal offers.

Same rules apply, and you can get a server you already have in the IP Database, or a new server.

The software dealer no longer sends a mail with the server details, in order to avoid bulk mail.

gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 02:21:59 AM »

is there a way you could make an option for the message? I found that when I buy only like 10-20 of them, I like to have the message in case I forget one, or doubleclick/double refresh..., although when I buy a lot of them and am just looking for a file, or just people with really high v files, I would like the mail option to be turned off.

Exousia
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 12:38:20 PM »

IP dealer didn't already sell public and secret servers? I thought it did.  21
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 12:55:12 PM »

It does in the first part it sells private, public and secret.

However, I found that there where no missions on the first secret server and it was very hard to access the secret network to get missions, so the dealer will now also sell exclusive public / secret in order to facilitate the newbie gameplay.

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 03:06:10 PM »

However, I found that there where no missions on the first secret server and it was very hard to access the secret network to get missions, so the dealer will now also sell exclusive public / secret in order to facilitate the newbie gameplay.

then i guess you didnt get the first 10 for free from the revelation page ?

once you have them 10 and check them for missions the others come thick and fast.
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 03:33:37 PM »

Hm. When you start you also get your first secret TL server. When you accept missions from that server, other secret servers appears in missions 1 Then you accept missions on those and so on...

At least that is how we all got our secret servers ... I was once proud owner of 200 hacked secret servers without buying even one. After the reset ip update i managed to get to number 190 once, but mostly only about 160 of them with missions ...

Don't forget that it's difficult to spend money on IP buying when you start this game. All the money goes to hardware upgrades 1
Exousia
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 04:47:09 PM »

Oh, I see. You can specifically request private and secret servers now. I so rarely purchase IPs, I didn't get it at first.  laugh
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 05:47:51 PM »

Hm. Useful, I didn't see that one at first too 1

Easier to find top players now, but much much more easier for new players to get secret servers...
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 07:14:45 PM »

In regards to IP purchase...can you make it that if you purchase an IP that you already have in your database AND have Admin access to it that when you purchase it again it shows that you have Admin access to it.....I have some duplicate IP's in my database....the first one I cracked shows that I have Admin Access yet it's duplicate says I do not...but if i click on the duplicate it shows that I have Admin to the server.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 03:31:53 PM »

If we're gonna get rid of the confirmation messages then we should have the database be sortable by timestamp it was entered, because I accidentally skipped over an IP I wanted to investigate but it's not in my DB at the last couple of entries... and I obviously don't know the name of the server as it was just in the purchase screen, and without the confirmation message I can't get that information back...

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 04:57:29 PM »

I would also reduce the chance of getting a dupe by about 10%.   As is I have seen many comments as well as observing it myself where the same IP is given 3-7 times in 10 purchases.

I am NOT asking for no duplicates.  Simply that the chance of getting a duplicate is reduced a little bit.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 05:10:20 AM »

I would also reduce the chance of getting a dupe by about 10%.   As is I have seen many comments as well as observing it myself where the same IP is given 3-7 times in 10 purchases.

I am NOT asking for no duplicates.  Simply that the chance of getting a duplicate is reduced a little bit.

I agree completely, and this is definately an issue when purchasing any 200k HPD IP's, not that i ever do laugh

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 12:52:03 PM »

That's a good point, for that HPD amount it should give an unknown IP even. I'll include this in the Faction update.

Thank you.

dghelprat

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 01:45:07 PM »

Purchase target IP will now sell public servers and secret servers in addition to the normal offers.

Same rules apply, and you can get a server you already have in the IP Database, or a new server.

The software dealer no longer sends a mail with the server details, in order to avoid bulk mail.
Then, where did I get the unlisted server I found? If it can't be used as bounce, and no missions involve it... maybe it came in one I bought? (if so, it was a "kiddie cracker ip" (0.1 in fw/pw protect, and no more files in it)) :3
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 08:00:32 PM »

Unlisted servers are for faction missions.  Search and Destroy.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: