The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 05:19:45 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Faction! Good and Bad?!?  (Read 11662 times)
netray92

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2009, 12:47:23 PM »

Hello Everyone.

I just thought i would bring a topic on the faction update about the good and bad things.

Good things:

More fighting and strategy.
The fighting and strategy has been improved a bit more as you have to choose a faction that benifits you better in what you're doing.

No Farms.
The no farms means that you have to fight and do more missions, so you don't just install virii on your own server and the AP is fitting better as you could only install 8 0.5 f.s per day.

Bad things:

No Farms.
Farms were a money making machine if you can call it that, you make millions on your farm and it helped in research.

RWT= Real world trading.
RWT could be a future problem as someone could be playing on to get HPD and then sell 40k for 1$. insted of donating to the game. this can be done by the "stealing" with your virii from another player.

More time to spend.
You have to spend a bit more time, or some have to to keep track on what's going on and what you have to do is taking more time and you lose you time for anything else.

This is just something and anyone else who has input please write it here. Everything can ofcourse be discussed.

Regards
Net
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 02:52:39 PM »

Hello Everyone.

I just thought i would bring a topic on the faction update about the good and bad things.

Good things:

The fighting and strategy has been improved a bit more as you have to choose a faction that benifits you better in what you're doing.

No Farms.
The no farms means that you have to fight and do more missions, so you don't just install virii on your own server and the AP is fitting better as you could only install 8 0.5 f.s per day.

Bad things:

No Farms.
Farms were a money making machine if you can call it that, you make millions on your farm and it helped in research.

RWT= Real world trading.
RWT could be a future problem as someone could be playing on to get HPD and then sell 40k for 1$. insted of donating to the game. this can be done by the "stealing" with your virii from another player.

More time to spend.
You have to spend a bit more time, or some have to to keep track on what's going on and what you have to do is taking more time and you lose you time for anything else.

This is just something and anyone else who has input please write it here. Everything can ofcourse be discussed.

Regards
Net

More fighting and strategy.:
people were requesting more pvp - now they have yay for the good.....

how can no farms be in both good and bad ??? its either one or the other.

Real world trading. :-
we already have that and have for ever? emi is currently selling 25,000 HPD for $1. before AFAIK HPD was never RWT'd before why should it now ?

more time to spend:-
1 week ago you could log in once a week collect the cash from your farm upgrade your server and install more virii and log out for another week.

this would put you somewhere in the top 20 power rankings. is it right that someone who logged in once a week should become top of the rankings while a player who logs in for say 4 hours a day and does 1000's of missions still be in the low 100's ???? surely we should be giving recognition to those who play more rather than those who don't ????
Krieger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 06:04:49 PM »

this would put you somewhere in the top 20 power rankings. is it right that someone who logged in once a week should become top of the rankings while a player who logs in for say 4 hours a day and does 1000's of missions still be in the low 100's ???? surely we should be giving recognition to those who play more rather than those who don't ????
/wrong . If you play 4 hours, do 1000 misions, of course you'll be up there. Otherwise you should go to the mountain and live there forever, because you don't know even to read (it's pretty simple to get up there, believe me). If top 20 players just log once and collect it's because nobody plays, and it's normal to stay there. But ask to Donn, Jager, Araeus, Damascus... I'm sure they play more, or they've played more at the beggining of the round, don't you?

This update would for the start of a new round, not the end. Anyway, it will change the gameplay for sure.

Bye bye.

Sorry for my grammar.

jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 06:20:16 PM »

Krieger is right - this will definitely change the gameplay. After the last server update (when servers changed ip every week) I wasn't doing much except researching and growing my farm. But before that I was very very active - 5-10h a day, searching new ips, doing high paying jobs on servers no one else were doing (and finding such jobs wasn't easy), finding new software that spawned, etc etc ...

Now with the beginning of new round I see a lot of possible action. HPD won't come easy anymore, it won't be enough to just buy a new server and start installing virii. Sure, you will be able to find secret servers and install virii, but believe me, now everybody will want piece of that (only 200 of them!!) and spyware will be working overtime! Then PvP for revenge against disinfecting and spywaring, process tracing against god mode, researching, getting new software for more faction missions and more more more...

If only we would remove the software dealer, that would really force us to play PvP 1 Software will now again play important part of the game, not only for points ...
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 08:09:50 PM »

If only we would remove the software dealer, that would really force us to play PvP 1 Software will now again play important part of the game, not only for points ...

there was a rumor that the software dealer was gonna be forced to sell the lower 75% section of the software range not sure if/when he will be told that though

example
best in game is v100 software dealer can only sell v75 or less.
netray92

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 01:08:04 AM »

Hello Everyone.

Good things:

No Farms.

Bad things:

No Farms.

RWT= Real world trading.

More time to spend.

Regards
Net

More fighting and strategy.:
people were requesting more pvp - now they have yay for the good.....

how can no farms be in both good and bad ??? its either one or the other.

Real world trading. :-
we already have that and have for ever? emi is currently selling 25,000 HPD for $1. before AFAIK HPD was never RWT'd before why should it now ?

more time to spend:-
1 week ago you could log in once a week collect the cash from your farm upgrade your server and install more virii and log out for another week.

RWT... well when buying the HPD from the site you donate to the site... does you do that if someone does lots of missions and earn the money and then you sell for 100 hours of 10 0.2 f.s worth which is 12.000 only, but what if it's 1/4 the price?

Oh and yeah about the software dealer, it would be an good idea.1

Net
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 01:36:07 AM »

Honestly this will just bring back things the way they were in R1 before SGP started the whole Farm trend.

That means that SGP will once again become hated by all.  So anyone who doesn't mind being hated can always PM me on the SGP forums for a chance to join SGP and get certain privs that others won't get for a while yet.

Oh and yes I will be VERY picky about who I allow into SGP.   Now if only HJ hadn't turned his back on SGP or Soviet for that matter....  Ah oh well.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 04:21:18 AM »

Honestly this will just bring back things the way they were in R1 before SGP started the whole Farm trend.
i assume this is a good thing ???

that was originally the idea we had in mind - everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves during that period - the farms kinda killed it - now the farms have been killed but new features added to assist in the money making to balance it out.
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 06:29:51 AM »

I don't see why you guys talk so much about this update. It didn't change a thing.

If you got a freind you will own this game.

You guys put a spyware on each other farms and then its back to the old stuff.
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 06:43:11 AM »

I don't see why you guys talk so much about this update. It didn't change a thing.

lol good luck with that. you do know that if virii your friend you steal his money and he steals your so neither of you will get any more money than you started with.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 06:47:58 AM by Triadian » Logged
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 06:45:53 AM »

jimmi i noticed your sig links to a website

i tried going there and see that Squirrels attacked it. they made it so people cant create new accounts or login :(

EDIT : sorry for way off-topic
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 06:50:47 AM »

Jimmi, you can not do that 1
You would just steal money from eachother, none becoming rich in the process - tested 1 Only farms on public and secret servers are now usefull, on players not in any way.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 07:21:51 AM by jager » Logged
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 08:28:08 AM »

i tried going there and see that Squirrels attacked it. they made it so people cant create new accounts or login :(

Because it entered a new database and so all the stuff needs to be moved :P

You would just steal money from eachother, none becoming rich in the process - tested 1 Only farms on public and secret servers are now usefull, on players not in any way.

That sounds interresting. As i understood then that only happened when you tryed to spyware your own. Good to see that Emi for the first time actualy throught something trough.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 10:28:41 AM »

Because it entered a new database and so all the stuff needs to be moved :P

That sounds interresting. As i understood then that only happened when you tryed to spyware your own. Good to see that Emi for the first time actualy throught something trough.

That was pretty funny  laugh

jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 09:50:18 AM »

The fun thing was i meant it :P
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: