The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 16, 2024, 07:00:27 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Faction Missions  (Read 4611 times)
Araeus

View Profile Email
« on: April 27, 2009, 03:38:21 PM »

If someone else finishes a faction mission that you accepted, do you lose standing as if you just didn't complete the mission?

jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 03:49:27 PM »

I don't think so. I had few of missions like that and they just disappeared from my list - no penalty...
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 03:58:44 PM »

i havent seen the actual coding so emi would need to confirm this.

but if you have a mission in your log at the time the timer expires you will lose faction standing
if you delete a mission 1 second before it expires then you will not lose any faction standing
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 06:21:24 PM »

he was thinking more in terms that you first complete mission that I accepted too. Then I can not complete that mission - penalty or not? 1
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 06:24:46 PM »

From what I could see i've lost quite a few missions and did not lose any of my experience or ranking......I don't think there is a penaltly for someone beating you to completion but only if you accept and then do NOT complete in the time allowed.
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 06:37:49 PM »

From what I could see i've lost quite a few missions and did not lose any of my experience or ranking......I don't think there is a penaltly for someone beating you to completion but only if you accept and then do NOT complete in the time allowed.

but the 200 hour timer is not up..... so it looks like something we will have to wait for next round to see....

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 07:10:44 PM »

but the 200 hour timer is not up..... so it looks like something we will have to wait for next round to see....

Maybe but remember when someone completes a mission it automatically disconnects anyone else who was doing that mission and removes it completely from both the mission data base as well as from anyones running processes so basically i think once it is completed it just disappears without penalty to whomever had the mission and didn't complete it.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 10:26:32 PM »

There is no penalty if someone does the mission before yourself.

There in no penalty if you take the mission and then decline / delete it.

There is a penalty if you just take the mission and leave it in your mission db, and no one else does it, and your time expires. It is assumed that the faction will employ any agent of that faction to complete the mission, but if you can not complete it you have to decline it and let them know (delete it from the mission db).

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: