The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 16, 2024, 10:11:35 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Factions stuff  (Read 7162 times)
Araeus

View Profile Email
« on: April 28, 2009, 01:10:45 AM »

Log UnDeleter runtime

The software will run faster for you

Seriously.  What does that mean.  Same goes for log deleter, IP cloaker, and scan blocker.

Also, I believe it's advertised that members of a faction get a 10% reduction in runtime for their specialized softwares.  As a member of Icarus, process tracer is in my specialized software listing.

remote process trace on ID #xxxxxx | Process Tracer V 0.1 [Owned][xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx], 29m 59s

Shouldn't that be 27 minutes runtime instead of 30?

I was thinking that it might be 10% reduction in resource usage for the softwares that don't have a runtime... but I obviously can't test that at the moment (don't want to switch and lose my ranking with Icarus)

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 01:44:37 AM »

From what Titam told me when I was discussing it with him in chat is that a lot of those "run faster" are actually "research faster".  He was suppose to be fixing the wording and what not but I don't know what happened to it.

As for the specializations.  You have to buy those abilities to get anything from them.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 08:37:27 AM »

wow that is lame, than why would I ever make it faster to research one software when I can just make it faster to reserch all of them?

jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 09:25:22 AM »

Well, I just found out that since I joined TL faction, the requirements for running Rev virii has dropped 10% 1
ivandrago
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 11:11:49 AM »

From what Titam told me when I was discussing it with him in chat is that a lot of those "run faster" are actually "research faster".

That would disappoint me if it's true. I guessed specialization would affect activation time or required action points. Or even better: both of those.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 09:00:07 PM »

remote process trace on ID #xxxxxx | Process Tracer V 0.1 [Owned][xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx], 29m 59s

Shouldn't that be 27 minutes runtime instead of 30?

That should be 27 minutes, it will be corrected.

"Faster runtime" refers to anything that software has to do with completion time. For a Hider, it may be research completion time, and hiding of files 10% faster, decrypting and researching decryptors faster, VB capture time, etc. Process Tracer should be no exception.

For the future, we may also consider a decrease of 10% of resource running costs for the specialized software.

"10% faster and cheaper Revelation activation"
This means Revelation costs 90% of resources and activates in 90% of the normal time.

"10% faster and cheaper Revelation disinfections"
This means Faith costs 90% of resources and activates in 90% of the normal time.

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 12:06:10 AM »

That's what I thought, but that doesn't change the confusion with softwares with no runtime...

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 10:03:55 AM »

That's what I thought, but that doesn't change the confusion with softwares with no runtime...

All software have some of runtime, like research tasks on specific software.

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 10:25:09 AM »

OK, well clarify somewhere that research tasks on a software are also affected by that.

And does that mean if I am TL and start a 100 hour research on a log deleter, it will finish in 90 hours but cost the same AP/HPD and increase the same version as a 100 hour?  Or does it run for 100 hours and give me 110 hours of increase...

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 12:18:06 PM »

OK, well clarify somewhere that research tasks on a software are also affected by that.

And does that mean if I am TL and start a 100 hour research on a log deleter, it will finish in 90 hours but cost the same AP/HPD and increase the same version as a 100 hour?  Or does it run for 100 hours and give me 110 hours of increase...

Yes, start a 100 hour research and it will finish in 90 hours and give 100 hours worth of version and take 100 hours worth of HPD.

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 12:42:22 PM »

Wow... that seems like it's going to be very, very annoying for coordinating your research, always having to remember to factor in your reduction when you set your research times.

I'd say it would be better to leave the same research time but give it that bonus % to version increase (100 hour research gives increase as a 110 hour research, with cost of 100 hours)

But that's just me.

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 01:43:55 PM »

Wow... that seems like it's going to be very, very annoying for coordinating your research, always having to remember to factor in your reduction when you set your research times.

I'd say it would be better to leave the same research time but give it that bonus % to version increase (100 hour research gives increase as a 110 hour research, with cost of 100 hours)

But that's just me.

I second this....if you set up 100 hrs research then make it 100 hrs research and make the rewards set off that amount.
ivandrago
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 02:00:47 PM »

I wouldn't mind; I've always coordinated my research to the version I wanted to reach.
Now I will get the version I was looking for but sooner.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: