The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 11:37:26 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: secret server  (Read 7115 times)
sovietpride

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2008, 01:07:11 PM »

I was wondering, if i used the secret server to bounce from, can the people who didn't buy the ip hack it by following the route back (assuming i forget to delete the stupid log)

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 01:09:56 PM »

Yeah they could follow the route but they have to hack each server you bounced and check the logs to get the prev IP until they reach your gateway.

But you don't want to bounce via the secret server because you would give the secret server IP away and then have more competition on making the missions on the secret server.

sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 01:15:27 PM »

at the moment there are no missions on the first secret server =/

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 01:25:16 PM »

at the moment there are no missions on the first secret server =/

Hm, there should be a few on each server...
If you accept them all it's normal that they don't show up you should check the Mission Data...

sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 01:41:48 PM »

no as in, there is no bulletin board at all on the first server.

Being one of the first there, there was no button for it =/

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 04:13:17 PM »

no as in, there is no bulletin board at all on the first server.

Being one of the first there, there was no button for it =/

Check the name of the first server, it may be your gateway or another player server, those don't have a bulletin board.

It it says "True Light" or some other mega-corporation name, then look for a "Bulletin Board" link in the lower of the page, right of Admin Crack / Login, just below of connected server details.

sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 04:44:59 PM »

its the first secret server you come across. there is no bulletin board function

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 05:06:36 PM »

its the first secret server you come across. there is no bulletin board function
'

Ok, try this. Click on "IP Database", then click "Public" in the IP database screen, and then click "Connect" on the first server on the list.

Now look at the bottom of the page for the "Bulletin Board".

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 05:42:43 PM »

'

Ok, try this. Click on "IP Database", then click "Public" in the IP database screen, and then click "Connect" on the first server on the list.

Now look at the bottom of the page for the "Bulletin Board".

That is going to have the public servers you have access to at the beginning at the top won't it?

I think he is having the same problem I am.  Spend 100 HPD and get the IP of another players server.  Which means no Public FTP and no bulletin board which means 100 HPD down the tubes and with the way the missions are currently being done makes it almost impossible to get ahead in the game.

The concept is great mind you.  Just the way it is working out right now it is practically impossible to get ahead unless you donate money.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 07:24:49 PM »

Just bought a 300 HPD secret server.
It is a PLAYER OWNED SERVER
No files available via PublicFTP
No board
Can't even crack the admin because the firewall is to high.

That is 400HPD spent now on secret servers that I can NOT access.

Please fix this as soon as possible

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
ManoftheSea

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 07:32:59 PM »

Really, getting a user server is pretty lame right now.  They're way too easy to get from other places.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 07:34:14 PM »

Yeah the sad thing is the server I paid 300HPD for I already had the IP to.  So that was a real waste ;(

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 02:50:27 AM »

Don't buy 300 HPD server targets just yet, try to focus on installing viruses and research viruses because you won't find any virus versions better then 0.1 that are on the True Light servers. Download the Adware Spam and start to spread it around and research the file. You may want to hide it on your system...

Secret servers will spawn with more advanced software on them, but the key is to install virii on public servers.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: