The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 05:40:50 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Best Software in Round 2  (Read 11775 times)
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 03:36:59 PM »

We're also debating a semi-static solution in light of this update.

What does this mean?  10

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 03:54:42 PM »

We're also debating a semi-static solution in light of this update.

What does this mean?  10

a solution what would allow for static servers but also servers that reset based on certain criteria as yet undecided.
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 11:29:48 PM »

Oh, thanks   5

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 12:47:03 AM »

Hrm, like number of files deleted, number of bounce logins, number of virii installed?

Could just have an int for each, a bounce is 1, delete is 5, and virii installs are based on virii type and version, keep a counter going when it passes a certain number an IP change gets started so super high traffic systems will be the first ones to pop since the corps are going to be watching for that stuff.

Exousia
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 01:29:53 AM »

I had suggested that it be based on percentage of BW consumed by virii.
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 10:09:40 AM »

That would solve nothing, as when you install virii on a secret server, the logical thing to do is use ALL of the BW so no-one can upload a spyware, and you tend to do that regardless anyway, so in effect, there would be no change.

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 10:24:18 AM »

That would solve nothing, as when you install virii on a secret server, the logical thing to do is use ALL of the BW so no-one can upload a spyware, and you tend to do that regardless anyway, so in effect, there would be no change.

well thats kinda the point by being forced to leave some BW free you would have to watch and care for your fields to ensure no bugs are attacking them.

ask any good farmer how he spends his day the answer = tending to my crops.
Exousia
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 12:14:51 PM »

well thats kinda the point by being forced to leave some BW free you would have to watch and care for your fields to ensure no bugs are attacking them.

Yes, this former ranch hand was thinking along those lines.  7 I garden and tend trees as well these days. Once the rich, fertile soil gets under your fingernails, it never goes away.

However, Dama may be referring to the security aspect of virii farming. Farming one's own servers should be reinstated as it is a secure and reliable form, but it should be balanced in such a way as to prevent it being the lucrative cash cow it once was. Perhaps, as I mentioned previously, with a diminishing returns formula on virii installed on one's own servers.
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 08:42:53 PM »

You = /FAIL

You have to do that anyway, regardless of whether there is any BW left on the server. Your argument is pointless, we are not farmers, this is not a farming game. Basing IP changes on BW usage = bad idea. End Of.

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 10:04:50 PM »

You = /FAIL

You have to do that anyway, regardless of whether there is any BW left on the server. Your argument is pointless, we are not farmers, this is not a farming game. Basing IP changes on BW usage = bad idea. End Of.

not quite sure why i fail but still ...

if this isnt a farming game why are people moaning they have lost their farms ????

as for the BW idea being a bad one, why do you think it was still in discussion but i'm sure exousia will thank you for your opinion of the idea.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: