The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 06:31:44 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Faction Secret Server Software  (Read 3069 times)
Araeus

View Profile Email
« on: May 22, 2009, 02:41:27 PM »

Two part suggestion.  First, I think it would be interesting if faction secret servers had a slightly higher chance to spawn software of their faction's specialization, at a slightly higher version than other faction's secret servers.  That way, if you're looking for a certain software you'll check the servers belonging to the faction with that specialization first because they're more likely to be there.

Second, a faction aligned specific tab on the secret servers that only members can download from, and only non-members can delete from (for delete missions against that file).  This tab would contain software that is being "researched" by the server (can be faction spec software or not).  Make high-end delete missions on those softwares, and the longer they stay on the server the higher version they get (increase version every hour or something).  So, if you want a really awesome file you have to camp and defend that file against deletion.

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 04:17:05 PM »

/sign
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 08:16:03 PM »

I like this idea...it would be like faction wars. The stronger your faction the better software your faction can develop.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 09:43:40 PM »

I like the idea of defending faction servers.   And the chance at uber software from it can make it very exciting.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 10:52:28 PM »

Yeah, it's a very good idea  1 I think it could be done.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: