The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 08:18:38 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Purchasing IP Addresses  (Read 6713 times)
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2009, 09:16:31 AM »

A suggestion if I may...

I'd like the ability to indicate which type of software that I'm after when selecting the level of IP Address purchase.

Password Protect / Firewall Protect are not my current choices and so far are the only thing of the appropriate level that I've purchased.

-Brok

ivandrago
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 09:25:09 AM »

Just the fact that a certain software type is listed as the highest software on the server, doesn't mean that there won't be any other interesting files on it.
For example: if there's a v9 adware AV and a v10 password protection on a server then the software dealer will always mention the password protect as the highest file while the v9 adware AV is much more interesting when you already have a v10+ password protect.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 09:50:47 AM »

i like it how bout at double the cost?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 10:29:10 AM »

yes, I understand that. 

But generally at the lower levels (especially for us noobs at the beginning), Almost all servers have 1.5 or so Password protect and/or Firewall protect but the others are < .2 and majority of those being Log Delete/Undelete programs.

-Brok

Exousia
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 04:56:46 PM »

Wouldn't that sort of defeat the whole point of breaking into servers searching for better software if you keep paying someone else to do it for you?

To me, that takes the soul out of hacking.
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 11:37:57 AM »

Then why have an IP dealer?

Or a Software seller?

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 11:57:05 AM »

Or a Software seller?

Touché....

jerry
Exousia
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 12:04:35 PM »

Or a Software seller?

I have never advocated either of these.

In fact, I've always been in favor of removing them.
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 12:38:53 PM »

Touché....

Not really.  Just commenting on the 'Defeating the whole point of breaking into servers'...

Actually, I would like to see less emphasis on research and more on hacking into and acquiring software.

Perhaps missions that would direct you to a bit better version than what you already have. 
  -  Mission would require you to
            - download to your server
             -delete the program off of the source server.

It could even require you then to upload the program to a secure server.  Time intensive, but you would get a better program, AP and HPD out of the deal.  Basically you are supplying the 'stolen software' that the Software brokers are selling instead of them having free reign to everything out there.

Researching just seems too boring to me.  Queue up a few hundred research items.  Wait a couple weeks, pay big bucks and start over.  Not much hacking in that...

Nearly all my software acquisitions have been through hacking into other servers and other players gateways.  Unfortunately, most secret servers out there are so loaded with Bandwidth robbing virus's that it makes it much more difficult to hack your way into rank.

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 02:03:12 PM »

Touché....

Not really.  Just commenting on the 'Defeating the whole point of breaking into servers'...

Actually, I would like to see less emphasis on research and more on hacking into and acquiring software.

Perhaps missions that would direct you to a bit better version than what you already have. 
  -  Mission would require you to
            - download to your server
             -delete the program off of the source server.

It could even require you then to upload the program to a secure server.  Time intensive, but you would get a better program, AP and HPD out of the deal.  Basically you are supplying the 'stolen software' that the Software brokers are selling instead of them having free reign to everything out there.

Researching just seems too boring to me.  Queue up a few hundred research items.  Wait a couple weeks, pay big bucks and start over.  Not much hacking in that...

Nearly all my software acquisitions have been through hacking into other servers and other players gateways.  Unfortunately, most secret servers out there are so loaded with Bandwidth robbing virus's that it makes it much more difficult to hack your way into rank.

other mission types are in the works although when they appear is anyones guess.  as for ranking - i have found the best way is get a target ip and hopefully its owner wait till they goto bed and you have 6+ hours to get in and out without being found.

Disclaimer: if people have had this happen to them in the past - it wasnt me honest.
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 02:32:53 PM »

I'll admit to that...  Or spamming download while they are on and forcing them to kill 'em.   laugh

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 03:58:32 PM »

I like the way i can buy 10 wizard hacker IPs and find one of the best ranked players, almost every time  bodyguard

Exousia
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 04:06:05 PM »

I like the way i can buy 10 wizard hacker IPs and find one of the best ranked players, almost every time  bodyguard

It shouldn't be that easy to find the top players. What's the point of being the top if it only means that all the Lilliputians in the game are going to rise up and start nibbling at your ankles? Or, worse yet, someone in the upper echelon with enough BW and wherewithal to accomplish it, can steal all your softs and displace you just by paying out a few HPD to get your IP?

That isn't hacking.

That's bribery.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 07:03:07 PM »

yeah in the game there is a thing that says BRIBING the officials

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 09:47:41 PM »