The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 10:18:06 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Coup d'état - Viva la revolution  (Read 9696 times)
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« on: July 22, 2009, 12:12:28 PM »

Our leader is now MIA for nearly 1000h

can we get some kind of revolution going so we can get going again plz.....

for those who cant read between the lines....

can we have a way to change leaderships of a group if the leader fails to login within a certain timeframe. maybe a vote that becomes enabled after 500h dormant time that allows a majority vote on a new leader. every player is asked which player he would like to nominate as new leader, when all players have voted or a week has passed the player with the most vote gets to be leader.
Exousia
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 04:44:51 PM »

Sounds like a good idea to me.
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 09:58:37 PM »

what about tie's?

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 10:29:03 PM »

what about tie's?

voting fails and a new coup will need to be started

Exousia
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 10:39:08 PM »

Would there be a limit as to how frequently this could be done?
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 10:44:11 PM »

Until Triadian wins, of course 1

Exousia
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 11:18:33 PM »

Until Triadian wins, of course 1

Of course.

But, for the rest of us?
Exousia
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 01:28:54 AM »

Please, forgive the double post, but, in another game with which I am involved, if the leader of the group becomes dormant, only the members who are also not dormant get to vote to elect a new leader. Since this is an issue of groups being crippled by a lack of activity, perhaps it would be prudent to suggest (1) when the group leader reaches 500h since last activity, a coup may be initiated by any active group member which creates a vote between the incumbent and the initiating member, (2) only vote by group members who are also not considered inactive--less than 500h since last activity--are counted, (3) once a coup is initiated all "active" members get one vote and the vote must be competed within 24 hours, (4) any non-voting member is counted as voting in favor of the incumbent leader, and, (5) should the coup fail, the member who initiated it may not attempt another for say 96 hours, but any other member may initiate a new coup as soon as the previous coup is ended but not while an existing coup is in play.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 02:46:02 AM by Exousia » Logged
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 07:59:47 AM »

Please, forgive the double post, but, in another game with which I am involved, if the leader of the group becomes dormant, only the members who are also not dormant get to vote to elect a new leader. Since this is an issue of groups being crippled by a lack of activity, perhaps it would be prudent to suggest (1) when the group leader reaches 500h since last activity, a coup may be initiated by any active group member which creates a vote between the incumbent and the initiating member, (2) only vote by group members who are also not considered inactive--less than 500h since last activity--are counted, (3) once a coup is initiated all "active" members get one vote and the vote must be competed within 24 hours, (4) any non-voting member is counted as voting in favor of the incumbent leader, and, (5) should the coup fail, the member who initiated it may not attempt another for say 96 hours, but any other member may initiate a new coup as soon as the previous coup is ended but not while an existing coup is in play.

most of the above is how i would like to see it work - however i think 24h is too short a voting phase...

heres how i would write it

(1) when the group leader reaches 500h since last activity, a coup may be initiated by any active group member which creates a vote between the incumbent and the initiating member,
(2) only vote by group members who are also not considered inactive--less than 500h since last activity--are counted, ( although this maybe hard for emi to code, so i would agree to anyone who logs in during the 7 days voting phase is allowed )
(3) once a coup is initiated all "active" members get one vote and the vote must be competed within 7 days,
(4) any non-voting member is counted as voting in favor of the incumbent leader, and,
(5) should the coup fail, the member who initiated it may not attempt another for say 7 days, but any other member may initiate a new coup as soon as the previous coup is ended but not while an existing coup is in play.

@brok - you know me so well  16
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 10:56:06 AM »

@brok - you know me so well  16

laugh

I've actually been in same situation many times in other games.  Guild gets formed, leader falls of face of earth, and we have to disband and create new group.

Get's to be a big problem when guild banks, items and in this case servers are involved.  Plus, many get attached to their guild name.

Another possibility would be to have the ability to assign a co-owner of the guild.

A question though.  What happens to the group when the leader quits?  Does it give leadership to another or is the group locked?

Exousia
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 02:08:09 PM »

Okay, I could go for that, Tri. I was just throwing out numbers expecting the specifics to be debated later.
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 04:26:38 PM »

Another possibility would be to have the ability to assign a co-owner of the guild.

A question though.  What happens to the group when the leader quits?  Does it give leadership to another or is the group locked?

emi has stated co-leaders are in the works but that update would still be no good if the leader didnt set one up before they went afk for whatever reason.

is it possible to actually quit this game ?
Exousia
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »

No, quitting isn't an option. That's why accounts never go away.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 04:01:00 AM »

Hm, yes there should be some possibility of transferring command if the leader becomes dormant for too much time.

Coup sounds good, if the leader does not login for two weeks and a coup is initiated, the leader may be sent an email, then if he doesn't login in the next 7 days the leadership may be transferred to the highest power active player in the group.

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 05:51:13 AM »

Hm, yes there should be some possibility of transferring command if the leader becomes dormant for too much time.

Coup sounds good, if the leader does not login for two weeks and a coup is initiated, the leader may be sent an email, then if he doesn't login in the next 7 days the leadership may be transferred to the highest power active player in the group.

ETA ?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: