The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 09:35:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: what is better way to defend?  (Read 15159 times)
eTo

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2009, 08:16:59 AM »

Hi, I have one quick question.
What is better if it comes to avoiding to get hacked?
What i mean is, what to research(only, i prefer to concentrate on one system then 2, or more):
firewall protection
password protection
or log deleter?
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 09:01:25 AM »

Mmmmmm - tough one - as really you need all 3

lets see firstly passy pro wins over fire pro - both can be overloaded by a hacker, but passy crack uses more hardware and thus its easier for the cracker to overload fire than passy. but the flipside is it will also cost you more Hardware to run the higher levels

however i would say log del wins over both - provided you know how to use it and are lucky enough never to win the software ip lottery.

but you forgot one important thing - bandwidth. the more you have the faster you rob - the faster you rob the quicker you disconnect and switch ip
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 12:50:25 PM by Triadian » Logged
pondmonkey

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 11:57:36 AM »

i think pass break and firewall bypass is the best, then you can get into spg group server and take evrything.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 12:03:07 PM by pondmonkey » Logged
eTo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 01:05:01 PM »

but you forgot one important thing - bandwidth. the more you have the faster you rob - the faster you rob the quicker you disconnect and switch ip

Ok, i think i will go for log deleter. hmm.. thought that cpu makes robbery faster? or thx to bandwidth i can plant more viri's?

i think pass break and firewall bypass is the best, then you can get into spg group server and take evrything.
i think there will be better to concentrate time and money on one of those 3. Anyway thx for that advise to break in to some group server ^^ i was just making missions and i already had 3 or more guests :/ i rly don't need to mess anyone else or groups..

besides, how noob protection works? those guests were before i had even 1000 cpu and 8 bandwidth.. or it is working on such way, that someone can break in change logs, kill processes, but can't upload viri's or delete software?
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 01:27:49 PM »

Ok, i think i will go for log deleter. hmm.. thought that cpu makes robbery faster? or thx to bandwidth i can plant more viri's?
cpu allows for more programs to run concurrently - nothing to do with downloading or uploading at all

the reason for bandwidth is this

you can spend 500 hours getting that software from v1.0 to version v2.0

or you can spend 1 hour downloading a v5 from a server at 5000 bandwidth

i think there will be better to concentrate time and money on one of those 3. Anyway thx for that advise to break in to some group server ^^ i was just making missions and i already had 3 or more guests :/ i rly don't need to mess anyone else or groups..

besides, how noob protection works? those guests were before i had even 1000 cpu and 8 bandwidth.. or it is working on such way, that someone can break in change logs, kill processes, but can't upload viri's or delete software?

pondmonkey was refering to pass break and fire break not fire protect and pass protect - so in fact you have 5 programs to choose from not 3.

as for the noob protect it is just that - people can come in look around and steal but cant do any damage to your existing files, then can however stop all of your missions and all of your research, and stop all programs running on your hard drive except a few special ones.
eTo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »

as for the noob protect it is just that - people can come in look around and steal but cant do any damage to your existing files, then can however stop all of your missions and all of your research, and stop all programs running on your hard drive except a few special ones.

hmm.. and they can recover all logs if they have higher version of log undeleter than i have deleter?
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 02:01:27 PM »

and the faster u get your stuff stolen

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 02:10:45 PM »

hmm.. and they can recover all logs if they have higher version of log undeleter than i have deleter?

indeed

Quote from: Triadian
and the faster u get your stuff stolen

thats only cause you miss out the switch ip part.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 03:53:41 PM »

the software ip lottery.

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
pondmonkey

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 08:01:25 PM »

[/quote]

no sgp is cool the only group that didnt try to kill me after i hacked them.
Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 10:06:26 PM »

yet.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 01:56:12 PM »

run!

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
eTo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 03:05:28 PM »

yet.

That is why i don't want to mess with groups ;)

BTW, how to make not bad money with adware? how much place them, and what when someone will spy on them while i don't whant to mess with anyone else..
Exousia
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 03:26:07 PM »

That only means we don't consider you a threat.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 03:59:48 PM »

notworthy

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: