The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 16, 2024, 12:43:00 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: more realistic  (Read 6189 times)
Noseedam

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2008, 01:03:55 PM »

and idea you could try would be to make some servers more public, such as a in-game forum, where people can talk to each other, and trace each other, it'll also spark some player v player action since someone might disagree with someone

there should also be servers that collect different software, though it could only be defensive software, since in real life you can't go download a crack anywhere, but you can find almost unlimited numbers of firewalls and the like

fire walls should also stack, since you'd have to defeat each firewall separately atention

i think this would make the game more entertaining and make it so players communicate more, which again, makes it funner, and also provides another way for someone to be sloppy and get cracked!

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 01:26:02 PM »

and idea you could try would be to make some servers more public, such as a in-game forum, where people can talk to each other, and trace each other, it'll also spark some player v player action since someone might disagree with someone

there should also be servers that collect different software, though it could only be defensive software, since in real life you can't go download a crack anywhere, but you can find almost unlimited numbers of firewalls and the like

fire walls should also stack, since you'd have to defeat each firewall separately atention

i think this would make the game more entertaining and make it so players communicate more, which again, makes it funner, and also provides another way for someone to be sloppy and get cracked!
For the in game forum, you meant like a chat right? I also suggested this.

I'm not sure how firewalls work exactly, but seeing as though you usually run only one at a time it shouldn't stack. Also for the point that if you can bypass the highest firewall in another server you shouldnt have a problem with the lower one. For the part where you ask for servers who specialize in software, this is a world where evil corporations are taking over, and hackers like you and me are suppose to help true light stop and disable them. So it's only normal that the servers contain softwares such as the bypass and password breaker, unhider and hider, viruses and anti-viruses. =p

Yeah i agree, the game lacks communication exept for those who talk on forums. A chat would be nice.

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 02:21:17 PM »

i understand, still the corporations (and gov) would still search out the servers and disable them if possible, and it would also add a bit of challenge, and add a reason for people too talk, and yes, a chat server would be nice...... and there should be forums on all servers, an within some of the job offers

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 02:42:34 PM »

i understand, still the corporations (and gov) would still search out the servers and disable them if possible, and it would also add a bit of challenge, and add a reason for people too talk, and yes, a chat server would be nice...... and there should be forums on all servers, an within some of the job offers
Maybe, but at least a chat in the main website would be beneficial for both social players and newbies.

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 03:53:47 PM »

agreed, and also easy scores, and for people who don't want to both registering here!

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 02:29:46 PM »

anyone have other software they cna think of that'd be nice?

Lachrymosa

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 03:46:59 PM »

Perhaps for people who want to become truly hackers, create an in game computer language and have it just be one of those things you learn on your own by breaking open other basic programs. Eventually you could write your own stuff at a higher level... idk what could be done with this that would maintain balance and fairness but something like this would definitely make it more realistic.

PuRuS_40RtIs
plubius

a gun is not an argument.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 03:55:11 PM »

yeah but at the moment its more like we are all a bunch of script kiddies. an ingame language is probly difficult to code in though.

for every action there is an equal and opposite government program
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 07:36:59 PM »

Wow that would take it a giant leap further in the realisticness of HP O_O

Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 11:57:54 AM »

It was a while I read this thread but with firewalls stacking; A normal (windows (I HATE WINDOWS (I really do (I mean I really do hate windows)))) firewall takes up a lot of bandwidth. It should be even worse if you can stack firewalls. That would be unrealistic to be able to stack firewall without halfing your bandwidth.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 05:57:00 PM »

then maybe each additional limits your bandwidth by 1??? would be nice if your going away too, just stack em to the point that (unless their smart) it'll take a week to upload anything

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 07:40:15 PM »

then maybe each additional limits your bandwidth by 1??? would be nice if your going away too, just stack em to the point that (unless their smart) it'll take a week to upload anything
No because you could just kill the process  16

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 09:44:38 AM »

yeah, thats another topic i want to address.......

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: